Suggestion: Reduce the Login Attempt timer

PokeViper

I utilize tons of different variations of different passwords on a regular basis. Also, i hadn't logged in to the Playerdex for a week or two. So when i came on this evening i was having issues attempting to log in.

After 3 attempts, i was locked out, given the 24 hour time limit to try again. I was hoping this suggestion might get the support of other players, and maybe mods. So that if we have a mix up, we can attempt to resolve it in a much more timely manner. Across the internet, the typical standard in Log in attempt times is anywhere's from 15 mins to an hour at max. Typically of course.

In you're opinion, is 24 hours a long time to wait to access your player data?

Are you like me, and utilize multiple different passwords to help protect your security?

If your a very active internet user such as myself, and are constantly logging into Emails, Facebook, Twitter, Different Forums, Youtube, etc..... and utilize many different passwords. Sometimes things can get mixed up, especially when its a new site.

I think its a security risk to "Write down" your passwords in physical form, so for the most part mine are stored in memory.

So if you think the timer should be reduced, what time frame do you think is more appropriate? I, myself, would say 30 mins to an hour would be perfect. I think multiple hours interrupts peoples gaming time a little too much. Especially for those that have limited time they can play to begin with.

crenel

Youngster
Coincidentally this is a subject Bluerise has been working with for a few weeks.

The current system is archaic -- we're aware of this, and there's some changes in the pipes.

PokeViper

Thanks so much for the fast reply, Crenel! Glad to hear its being worked on.

I look forward to the changes.

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
We hope to have some big changes not just on the Playerdex, but for the game when it comes to the login and recovery system - hopefully by the release of the upcoming Playerdex update.

ash.catchem

Youngster
I have just an idea, like I do, if you are using your using pc at home, then you can save passwords which some of the modern browsers allow, and then you have no chance of forgetting it or mixing it up...
I too remain lgged in lots of places, but in my browser:firefox, i have saved my passwords of sites where I daily visit, also it reduces time to type username n passwords..
Hope you liked the idea..

G

ash.catchem said:
I have just an idea, like I do, if you are using your using pc at home, then you can save passwords which some of the modern browsers allow, and then you have no chance of forgetting it or mixing it up...
I too remain lgged in lots of places, but in my browser:firefox, i have saved my passwords of sites where I daily visit, also it reduces time to type username n passwords..

Meh I don't really like the idea of my browser remember all my account information.

If someone other then me sits behind my computer he'd get acces to whatever.

Glaceon01

Banned
I'm glad to see this problem is being worked on, however I agree with Azuri it would be more risky.

Pansy

Resident Harlequin
Game Moderator
ash.catchem said:

It's a bit different if it's a shared computer. With siblings and such.

Glaceon01

Banned
This is the case because I've been hacked and someone claimed "their siblings got into their account."