Suggestion[Poke Prices]

Faabz.

Youngster
Hey i saw that the price check topic was closed :mad: So a long time ago my guild mate said something:"Pwo should create a site or a section where people could see pokémon prices and which is automatically updated".
I´ve seen some games around with this system and it works.

I think that a "tool" of this kind would be very usefull and it would prevent people from getting scammed :p

Just my oppinion

Respect to all

risefromruins

Youngster
If you would like to make that list, then by all means do so. As it was stated in the Pokemon Price Check thread, the staff and PWO as a whole will not endorse a thread of such nature any longer, so it is up in the air for anyone to make on their own.

Faabz.

Youngster
No you misunderstood me,pokémon prices change often and i know most of the base prices,what i'm suggesting is a place where people could check the prices and where those prices could be automatically updated but i have no clue in how to make such a thing it was just a suggestion that IMO would be good for all.

risefromruins

Youngster
I understood you fine. I attempted to make something of the sorts when I was not a staff member and abandoned it after a month. Prices change too often to make a list, and no prices are ever constant at any time.

Faabz.

Youngster
risefromruins said:
I understood you fine. I attempted to make something of the sorts when I was not a staff member and abandoned it after a month. Prices change too often to make a list, and no prices are ever constant at any time.

Yes and there are other problems like most prices are affected by stats :x

Naero

Although it would be good to have more economic guidance, the prices of Pokemon are very abstract, due to the economy operating on a free pricing system - there are no fixed prices for a Pokemon, but rather they're negotiated verbally between traders. A multitude of factors can influence one's opinion on its value, including its IVs/proficiency against common pvp Pokemon/level among various other factors; however, due to many of the abstract base factors that causes prices to fluctuate, it'd be impossible to create an automated application to correctly reflect on a Pokemon's price.

As suggested, you can make a list of Pokemon and their respective price ranges, based on the general player consensus of a Pokemon's price to an extent, though reiterating, prices fluctuate constantly and it may be a nightmare to update the prices of all Pokemon. I just don't see it as feasible for any tool/application to automatically do so, however, due to many intangible factors influencing a Pokemon's price.

Hopefully when the auction house system is implemented on the playerdex, there may be more economic guidance as it provides to players a general feel on what sellers price certain Pokemon as, in addition to what buyers generally deem as a value for a Pokemon (depending on their bid if a Pokemon is auctioned). However, due to stats being a critical variable to a Pokemon's price, practically any price estimation could be a rather broad price range.