Suggestion #1

ghostoutlaw

Actually, RIot was in that position for quite a while, most people may not be aware of or remember the years of law suits that went on over ownership of the MOBA concept, DOTA, and all the controversy.

Maideza

ghostoutlaw said:
Maideza - your comment is rather offensive as this is research.

I'm offended by your definition of "research."

Pastor-Of-Muppets

From time to time you can see staff post up ideas for the community to look at and open things up for discussion (see examples below). Why should all suggestions be spread out over a forum just so that those who love to talk can have their egos stroked :)P)? The staff has a direction for the game and if they see a suggestion within the playerdex they like they can discuss it amongst themselves and maybe open things up for discussion with the community.

Train Tickets
Down times

(there are more but I got bored and lazy)

psychosamm

Youngster
After reading some of your posts i think you're confused about a few things. First of all you seem to be comparing PWO to games like WoW, which is a very bad comparison for several reasons. You want to implement the token store in game because you say it will increase revenue. To be honest as long as PWO gets enough money to pay for the server, which they always have, then it doesn't really matter if they get a lot of money.
PWO can't hire developers, they cannot legally pay ANY of the staff members. Every one of the staff members is a volunteer. This is a fan made game, the token store is already on the thin line between legal and illegal as it is. Adding the token store in game will literally have no benefits to PWO, the only benefit would be catering to the laziness of the players, instead of simply going to the PDex to do donations and whatnot. The extra money gained from an in-game token store would be useless because as far as i know, PWO can't do anything with that money other than put it towards server cost, and they haven't had any issues keeping it up.
PWO is nothing like WoW, they exist to make money, PWO exists for fun.

TheWyatt2012

ghostoutlaw said:
Actually, RIot was in that position for quite a while, most people may not be aware of or remember the years of law suits that went on over ownership of the MOBA concept, DOTA, and all the controversy.

I'm aware of all the problems that Riot had starting League of Legends. However, taking a "concept" is completely different than taking an actual thing, if that makes any sense. For instance, it's rather hard to copyright the concept of an FPS game. The only real legal problem comes when someone literally takes the game and uses it illegally, for example, pirating old Call of Duty games. Several developers from DoTA moved to LoL. The difference is, LoL did not steal the actual game, they just used the concept and sprouted in a different direction. Pokemon World Online, however, blatantly took Pokemon from Nintendo, however harsh it may sound. For awhile, Nintendo didn't care. But eventually they cracked down on Pokemon MMOs, including PWO, and sent us a Cease & Desist. We managed to find a loophole, and moved our server(s?) to Sweden, where international laws don't apply. However, Nintendo can still take the offensive at any time.

Riot had more of a chance than us. If we slip up, we have a rather large chance of getting shut down.