Starting location EVs

Sergth

Hi,
I just came ingame and ran into a difficulty with EVs

I want to extend my pokemons Attack, speed and SP. Attack. Speed is OK, it is EV stat from all the Pidgeys, Spearows and Ratattas. However, I looked to EV yield list, and there is actually no possibilite to effectively train sp. attack up to Lavender town, because I will bet, that Abras have quite low encounter rate.

And also all attack gaining pokemons in basic locations have extremely low encounter rate, now talking about Nidoran male and Mankey.

Nex, there is a Viridian forrest, with pokemons giving you defense and sp defense, probably HP too, and speed of course again from pidgeys.

This means, I cannot almost train. I picked Charmander, which have maximum of effective attack as special attacks, and I wonder, if there will be a berries for me available, when I get to Lavender, because there is no auctions, no EV reset, as I think after reading some things from your webpages and I now wonder, how much spam it takes on trading channel, till someone will have enough of that and will send me the berries or send me to the underworld ends.

And you have to admit, that Charmeleon leaving Viridian forest with most of points into both defenses is totally broken and hard to play, when it might not be able to get in shape again until visiting Johto to collect berries myself.

So the suggestion is simple:

Increase highly the encounter rate of Nidorans and Mankeys on route 22 to players be able to get some Attack EVs
Add some Sp. Attack iving pokemon to route 1, 22, or Viridian forest.

Thanks for reading

Ramensnoodle

Youngster
You can find Psyducks and Oddish in Viridian forest clearing where you can train spatk. It requires doing a simple quest to enter I'm guessing you might of skipped since you didn't notice you can train there

talha.k

Attack EVs are easy. Viridian Forest Clearing -> Fish. Only Goldeens show up.

Sergth

Thanks Rmensnoodle, I will try. Didn't lreally know about extended version of Viridian here.

Talha.k: Fishing from Vermillion, where you can get the rod ... loo late for training EVs, because through the amount of wild pokes and trainers, your EVs will be totally bad when comming to Vermillion. But thanks :)
//Edit Old rod from that hidden area? Hmh, ok, got it, will, try, thanks :)

JusticeWillBeDone

I'm new to this game, also picked Kanto and char.

I don't think you have excellent char with 29-31 iv's? so first 2-3 poks (including starter) are just to rush threw all gyms. You won't have any chance fighting with this poks against top trainers.
So yeah, lavender's ghost tower with these gastlies is good to train spatk. berries fall from almost every pok in safary zone.
But I guess your first aim should be to rush all kanto gyms at least, get surf from quest and start to find some rare or good ivs poks (safary snorlax, dratini/abra, gastly, growlithe).