Starters as HR again

Peace-Enforcer

From what i know starters where catchable in game inside Johto Safari some time in the past. I'm not sure why was it changed but in my opinion it wouldn't be bad to re do that. Mby just in one area and make them seasonal. Like one starter is HR and they change each month so each is obtainable in game for 2 months per year.

Just had this idea and i would like to hear other players opinion on it.

gokulthegr8

tat wud be very interesting indeed..
especially the idea of changing hr every month..!!!

Future~Sight

Youngster
Website
www.matmartinez.net
Nice idea and i do think they should be Horribly Rares somewhere but really hard to find. Although, there must have been a reason why they were removed earlier.

Also, what i think they can do is-
Add a random HR for like 1-2 days every week. But, they should not tell which pokemon it is, which time of the week it will show up and where it will be catchable. At most, they can give a clue if needed.
Example: They add Cascoon to the Lake Of Rage for two days as an HR. It's a very less travelled-by area and there a very small chance for anybody to go there and find a HR.
What this can do is make people hunt at more areas as they try to find out the new pokemon, and make pokemons such as Cascoon alive again. =D

Anyways, its just one of my weird ideas popping up anywhere. I'd love to see the starters back in game, even if they are as hard to find as fatlaxes =P

EcoWOLFrb

Youngster
Starters are already abundant on the market and making them catch-able would simply decrease their already low value, probably not something that should be done.

Peace-Enforcer

EcoWOLFrb said:
Starters are already abundant on the market and making them catch-able would simply decrease their already low value, probably not something that should be done.
There are alot of HRs which aren't valid battlers and have a low price. don't see how making starter obtainable 2 months per year would change its situation.

Abox-

Website
forums.d2jsp.org
future_sight said:
Nice idea and i do think they should be Horribly Rares somewhere but really hard to find. Although, there must have been a reason why they were removed earlier.

Also, what i think they can do is-
Add a random HR for like 1-2 days every week. But, they should not tell which pokemon it is, which time of the week it will show up and where it will be catchable. At most, they can give a clue if needed.
Example: They add Cascoon to the Lake Of Rage for two days as an HR. It's a very less travelled-by area and there a very small chance for anybody to go there and find a HR.
What this can do is make people hunt at more areas as they try to find out the new pokemon, and make pokemons such as Cascoon alive again. =D

Anyways, its just one of my weird ideas popping up anywhere. I'd love to see the starters back in game, even if they are as hard to find as fatlaxes =P

Just trying to understand this.
So you're suggesting they make a poke HR, but not tell anyone where it will be, when it will be, or what poke it will be..?

As for the OP, I don't really think it's a good idea as I agree it will already lower the value of starters.
The only real benefit I can see coming from this is a chance to get one shiny.

Merse

Youngster
Well I don't. That would drastically reduce the value of the Pokemon. See the case of Skarmory! It was rare for a mere few days and its value was halved permanently. Imagine if you could hunt a Poke for a whole month...

Nikola

Youngster
-Only 4 starters were catchable in PWO. Bulbasaur was the first (only catchable Kanto starter in PWO), was added not long ago when Kanto got all gyms since we had only gyms up to Vermilion City. That area was located above route 22, west from Viridian City and Bulbasaur was HR spawn there. Hence being less favorable of a starter choice back then. Later when Johto gyms were introduced we were able to catch all 3 Johto starters in safari in their respective elemental zones. Water zone for Totodile, Grass zone for Chikorita and Mountain zone for Cyndaquil. Unfortunately Charmander and Squirtle were newer catchable.
Probably the staff agreed to removed Johto starters to make obtainability of all starter Pokémon more balanced since no Kanto starters were catchable at the time that Johto starters were.

-Far as their value concerns, pretty sure it wouldn't have such great impact on their value since they are extremely "cheap" now. I know at least 20 VRs and HRs being more expensive not due to rarity, it's due to viability. As we expected Johto gyms we might expect Hoenn gyms same way...who knows...But personally I can't see them being catchable without an event otherwise there would be conflict of thoughts and stances since older starters were removed due to logical reason. I even think 20% of the Pokémon aren't supposed to be catchable in the wild due to natural habitat. Good part of Hoenn Pokémon is already covered either in-game or via Token store. I will take Bagon as example. I don't have idea why that Pokémon is HR in Dragons Den while they are originally found in mountainous areas...Originally Dragons Den may look monotonic but it's like that since beginning. Chances are, that people will hunt for stats rather then for Pokémon itself and pretty sure there's already enough Hoenn Pokémon having good stats.

-If those are ever meant to be catchable again I would like to see them only through temporary event, trading or given by a NPC after doing certain quest.

joysclash

well thats a nice idea...if starters r hr again than all 9 starters should be <hr> available to catch..thatd be really great !! mainly trecko and torchik ;)