Staff Donation for Unofficial Tournaments?!

nemo55

Hello PWO! ;D

As the title says it itself, I'd like to see staff donations/engagement to some of these well organized Unofficial Tournaments with the addition of player registration fees of course. :)

I feel as though the PWO economy needs some inflation at the moment, and sponsoring unofficial events is one way of bringing more wealth to the game. And surely would intrigue people to host more tournaments.

Now here is the dilemma, I imagine many people will be spamming tournaments, just so they can get this "prize" opportunity. My solution to this would be for the tourney to host at least a minimum of 20-32 players in tournament. This way it would be deemed as legitimate in my opinion. Also, the tournament must be for all of PWO community. If it is Latinos ONLY Tour OR Guild Tour OR Something specific targeting only specific people then the idea of staff engagement for prizes is out of the question.

Possible Prizes from Staff:

- Vouchers (1-2 MAX)
- Pokedollars (5-10m sounds reasonable on top of player registration fees)
- Evolution Stones
- Unlimited supply of Potions, Super Potions, Revive
- 1 Year Transportation Pass

I would love to hear everybody's opinion or any additional ideas which would help make this more of a reality. ;)

Thank You.

iori.yagami

Particularly I would love to participate in tournaments with good prizes surely that encourages the creation of more tournaments consequently hunting epics pokes to use them in tournaments themselves and with that the players are past spending more time online and as more online players on the server the game becomes better and more dynamic. In short I liked your suggestion :D

The-Predator

Youngster
I´d say Evo stones are needed more then other things, Staff do not want to organize any other official tournament thats sad, if they dont want to organize a tournament at least they should be helping us by donating some evo stones,its not like we asking for S UCs 28+IVs or legendaries. I´d say one tournament every 2-3 months would be ok, but I really doubt staff want to give something as they are always saying why we should expect something from them, anyway is not a bad idea, its nearly 2 years without an official tournament thats why most of the good battlers from the past are gone

iori.yagami

KPyppo said:
I´d say Evo stones are needed more then other things, Staff do not want to organize any other official tournament thats sad, if they dont want to organize a tournament at least they should be helping us by donating some evo stones,its not like we asking for S UCs 28+IVs or legendaries. I´d say one tournament every 2-3 months would be ok, but I really doubt staff want to give something as they are always saying why we should expect something from them, anyway is not a bad idea, its nearly 2 years without an official tournament thats why most of the good battlers from the past are gone

I agree with Kpyppo some battles since I started playing and I could also see it still needs some changes as moves broken with the return of shane have hopes that the pvp battles will be more constant and exciting.

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
The problem is, if we WERE to donate items that a Player could win as a result of completing a player-ran tournament, the value of the prizes must not exceed the value of the tournament itself. For example, the total value at present that would be required to obtain one of each Evolutionary Stone is P20,500 (P2,100 for each of the five other Evolutionary Stones = P10,500; plus a further P10,000 for the Moon Stone = P20,500). The Tournament must therefore have a value close to or in excess of 20k to make this an acceptable prize. 16 people at 1k entry each wouldn't be enough, for example, as that leads to a 4k deficit in cost to prize value.

Even going beyond this, there are many dangers in having Players run tournaments using staff-donated items that make it simply infeasible. Firstly, the Tournament operator would have to be given the intended prize outright, in order to pass it on to the overall winner - what stops that player simply cancelling the tournament, taking the prize for himself and running (besides the likelihood of an account ban)? Now I suppose we could simply keep the "donated" item in our own possession until the tournament completes, but that then invests us into the tournament, which technically makes it no longer "unofficial". This ties in with a secondary issue of ensuring such a tournament was conducted in a fair, reasonable and above board manner, with all disputes resolved as quickly as possible. Once again, this invests us into the tournament. However, the Staff do not have the time or resources to dedicate themselves to observing multiple tournaments from start to finish; and it would be an unfairness for one player's tournament to receive staff funding while another is denied that same opportunity.

There's many more issues that can occur which I could probably continue to mention given enough time, but I think I've made my point already. As an aside, without even considering Staff policy, at this point in time I personally would never endorse a tournament I hadn't myself created anyway, as I am simply not a fan of PWO's current PvP scene.

The-Predator

Youngster
ok you dont want to donate items for unofficial tournaments, and you staff dont want to organize any other official tournaments, any suggestion to motivate players to keep joining or keep alive the battler players??

as for stone evos, we dont mean the stones we already have ingame, we mean evo items for 4th gen pokemon would be a prank to win a tournament having a thunder stone as a prize lol, thats why i suggested to make tournaments every 2-3 months and as for prizes would be only one evo item per tournament

iori.yagami

I understand your point of Jinji seen more as previously mentioned I believe preimiação 1 evolutionary stone that you can buy at mart or a value of 10k-20k (entry in the tournament) would not be so motivating to players wanting to go more battles suggest as awards 1 evolution item that is not possible over adiquirir (acquired by other players through past events) or even 1 single voucher for the winner was already good in my view, is more just an opinion Particularly because I hope to become a great battler that game thanks for listening