SS anne

mad30

Youngster
Anyone know why this is no longer in game? Is there any reason to keep it out? Mantis add it back!!!!!11

also, i think the ss anne route should be expanded. it should go from vermillion to like cinnabar to olivine then get rid of the cinnabar tunnel caves as they were only ever in game to replace the surfboard. I think making players take the anne to cinnabar and then letting the islands (seafoam or whirl idr which) being surfboard accessible only place would be better, even possibly allowing their levels to increase making them training places for those who started in johto

to counteract that, maybe make the other islands (between olivine and cianwood) also higher levels and a training spot for ppl started in kanto

thoughts?

TheWyatt2012

I think the idea of using S.S. Anne to get to Cinnabar is a nice idea, but I think Cinnabar Island should have some type of quest associated with it. Maybe Articuno, seeing as how that's where it's located in the real games, and we've already seen Zapdos and Moltres.

psychosamm

Youngster
I love this idea! I always did wonder why the SS Anne wasn't put to any use. I believe a change like the one you suggested would be only beneficial. Even a small quest could be added to gain access, nothing too difficult so the noobs wanting to get to Cinnabar won't explode. xD

I also like the idea of making the Seafoam Islands a possible new training spot. I know when i was trying to raise Jolteon to level 99, it was very difficult because Mt. Silver and Cerulean Cave aren't too electric pokemon training friendly, and Dragon's Den fails to pump out enough exp. So Seafoam Islands could be a great alternative.

I give two thumbs up for this idea!

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
My only concern would be that players needing to go to Cinnabar for the gym first up will be saving for a surfboard. I would like to see the 100k surfboard issue addressed before adding yet another necessary price on progressing through the game.

Also just removing the tunnels, while I agree they don't belong there long term, will also have a detrimental effect on progress. Unless or until they are replaced with a similar level training area- say the pokemon mansion on Cinnabar Island, I would not like to see them vanish.