Speed Hacking Fix suggestion!

Staind

Let me start off by saying that i am not much of a programmer or anything, i do not know much about making games like pwo, but i was thinking about people who speed hack in this game, we might be able to stop speed hacking. i was thinking about the speed the character can move while walking, maybe you can make like a time measure on every tiles around us, which only lets us move at a constant speed. this might not be a good idea, and it might not even work. but since there can be a time limit on how you can fish, why not be like a tini tiny time limit for walking? this is only a suggestion. only trying to help make pwo a better game! :)
also if you think this is a very idiotic idea, please let me know why.

Nikola

Youngster
-Current client is outdated and it is missing of updates. Mostly of those cheating programs were made after last client update. It does requires certain patching though. I guess client itself isn't blocking injection of certain 3rd party programs anymore. Most of them are packet editing and client encryption for packets isn't flawless. I am quite sure that they will find a way how to cheat even with new update but hopefully someone will be here to update that client such as Hardcoreh.
-Hardcoreh is a new client developer and you can check their work here: http://forum.pokemon-world-online.net/showthread.php?tid=18717

HeavyPetter

Staind said:
so this idea that i had wouldn't work?

Well, it probably would, but I guess it is not seen as a very large problem at the moment, and since a new client is being developed it makes sense to put such a fix in the new client rather than to update the old one.

Staind

Well im glad i could make a suggestion, and hopefully this will work, there are lot of Speed hacking ban appeals out there. i myself have some videos of hackers, but for some reason it takes like 5 hours to upload a video on youtube >.>

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
HeavyPetter said:
Staind said:
so this idea that i had wouldn't work?

Well, it probably would, but I guess it is not seen as a very large problem at the moment, and since a new client is being developed it makes sense to put such a fix in the new client rather than to update the old one.

It's not possible to update the current client at all.

Staind

the new client that's coming, will it be possible to do that in there?

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
Staind said:
the new client that's coming, will it be possible to do that in there?

Possibly, however I assume that the new client will be built with many safeguards built into it to stop hackers.

Staind

I hope so ^_^ thank you fonty, and i hope an admin / dev. sees this :D

Maideza

This would likely cause more issues than it would solve, to be honest.

CoolKnightST

Time itself are also variables and easy can be changed. The trick to prevent hacking is make sure people can't find the packets without reducing the speed. Most popular ways in c++ games was an security software inside the client. Still in the most recent games this security is compleetly build-in. I wouldn't recommand time checks because an client always has an delay. So long the client is under development hackers will less focus on making new hacks since they known an fell days later the hack already can stop working and all there work was for nothing.

Staind

well i dont really know how it would cause more issues. care to explain? XD