Special accounts for speedrunning

Klay

Youngster
Please, please, PLEASE add a choice when creating an alt that asks the user if they want to make a speedrun alt, with the followings features:
- can be reset back to either region-choice or starter-choice, whichever is the easier to put in place (a command ingame would be nice, but a button to press on playerdex would also do the trick)
- is trade-locked
- can't use Playerdex features (Mart, Global Link, Move Relearner...)

Why adding this feature?
  • Because currently speedrunning PWO is a pain due to having to create alts in advance, for either tests or runs
  • It will also bring more replayability and a new challenge for older player
  • It will also make testing new early-game features easier for old players, they will just need to reset their speedrun alt to see how these new features work (and edit more quickly the wiki)
  • It will make another opportunity to create PWO-related contents to stream or share on social medias, getting more people to acknowledge the existence of PWO and possibly bringing more new players (or bringing back old players)
  • It is actually fun to do, speedrunning Gen 1-2 regions plotless
  • It will bring me back more often than just when new pokédex datas are released
  • It will make me happy after failing to get Furina's weapon
  • It will be a great Christmas gift
  • It will make PWO great again

What would be the downsides of doing so?
  • It would take time to implement properly, and even more to check that it works
  • It will only benefits a very niche pool of players
  • It will create confusion when creating an alt account, with players creating speedrun alt when they wanted to create a regular alt
  • It might also create dramas, as some ill-minded players will want to take advantage of it, farming perfect starters and then complaining about how they wanted to create a regular alt but they misclicked and now their well-deserved all-31 IVs shiny Chikorita is stuck on a speedrun alt instead of on their Mart
  • It will make PWO great again

As you can see, there are more positive points than negative ones, which means it is a very pertinent suggestion

To end this, here's a speedrun of Johto gyms: Youtube

Thank you beforehand

To prove I am not a barbarian who doesn't use the Suggestion Box: Suggestion Box

Klay

Youngster
Screen_Shot_11-27-23_at_07.08_PM.PNG

Jesus Christ said:
Because you have so little faith. Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.

Isguros

Youngster
If this was feasible somehow, it would be amazing.

Even though a lot of time is spend to cater to beginning trainers, continuously improving upon every minute flaw to make people feel at home immediately; sadly, most people will only ever experience it once.

I myself have made multiple accounts just to research some things for the wiki, at least some others probably have done the same, some people make other alt accounts to play through the story while beginning in the other region, and of course there are people who've created an excessive amount of accounts to do Nuzlockes or speedruns.
Those are completely different reasons to create accounts, but the thing they've all got in common is that they're just sitting there doing nothing, since there's no gameplay difference when all is said and done.

Klay justifiably shared his idea how to stop starter farming for accounts like these. Ideally I'd prefer it so that all accounts wouldn't be able to trade their starter (or other gift Pokemon/items) at all, but Klay's idea is probably more practical in this situation since it's easier to implement (however, it seems like PWO forces players to require them to trade with quests such as the Rock Smash quest).

To conclude: is it a good idea? Absolutely. Will it help grow or populate the game? Probably. Will it ever see the light of day? Ehh :rolleyes:..

Prof.Rygar

Youngster
Also "Shiny Lock" the account so it can't get shinies, and IV lock it so all IVs are 0.

>_>