Spawn Testing Event?

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
Okay this is just an idea, not something we are definitely planning or anything. I would love to hear your feedback on it so I know whether it's worth pursuing or not.

We do seem to have gathered a few dedicated hunters who check out the new spawns we bring out. However we can never have enough. Especially in the first hours/days we release the blocks we want to know that the spawns are working as we intended them to.

But to get more players interested in helping us out we should give some incentive right? I mean, other than the hope that we made dratini really easy to catch by mistake.

So what about another simple Voucher Event? We put a drop item on the pokemon in the map and reward you for finding X amount- which simply adds up to an hour or two spend hunting on the new map(s).

Pluses are: You get a voucher (or more, depending on how many crucial maps need testing), and we get more players testing our new spawns.

Downside is: it's another boring fetch quest.

As I said, this is just random thinking so far, and would likely not even happen for the next block which is hopefully too close to even organise something this simple for. It is something we'd consider for future block releases if enough players were interested though. So let us know what you think!

angelking89

i think its gd to hv sth like dat for voucher so ppl dont need to always wait for the event to buy eggs/items from the voucher price corner
but the requirement for it doesnt set it too high since not much ppl around now, so ppl want to spend time on it
and maybe rearrange the requirement when new client is out and more ppl come to play pwo

new spawns....always want to hv new pokes rather than the existing pokes just going to other places
since like most pokes are useful are ucs, not normal ones
even its hard to find if there are new pokes, it encourages ppl to want to hv it

Andreyy

I hate the search event as all players do not share in the same game schedule.
It is also very notorious that pwo is declining because all the old players are leaving.
It would generate at least a Very Good Halloween event to give more interest to former players.
is very sad place the command / on and only see 30/250 Online.
Thank you.
PD: Sorry if you do not understand but I speak Spanish and I have to use translator. :-\

Fadoka

Jr. Trainer
Why would you focus something like that on meaningless item like vouchers are? Is this an attempt to show people how PWO is limited content and ideas wise? I had no idea that spawn project is still going on...its been like what year by now? I see it's not in your hands but you try at least make something happening so I will give my opinion just because it's you. First of all I see that event where bots are hunting for the item not people. Depends if you think you have many or little vouchers ingame so you need them more the way you want to do the event isn't that bad looking. But honestly I would not resort to something like this. You need to do nice looking events with storyline. And above all you have vouchers here which are proven to be worthless item for such effort one gives to get it. Mainly because you have wrong Pokes as reward.

Saurus

Banned
Wowie. I didn't see this.

So anyway. My input.

I don't mind the idea of vouchers but i'd much rather replace vouchers with a certain amount of tokens. That way you'd introduce new players to the token store as well as a chance to help with the spawn project. Vouchers should be for events mainly.

And i really want a "Name Pass". Lol.

SyncFire7

DarrylTheKid said:
Wowie. I didn't see this.

So anyway. My input.

I don't mind the idea of vouchers but i'd much rather replace vouchers with a certain amount of tokens. That way you'd introduce new players to the token store as well as a chance to help with the spawn project. Vouchers should be for events mainly.

And i really want a "Name Pass". Lol.

I agree with Darry.

Tha-Kram

nieuwe37.jpg

KyuSama

Youngster
I would help !! I love to Farm in events !!!

And also i think vouchers are a good think and not worthless.

Sylpharionz

It would be good if the spawn has something related to halloween, like spawn more ghost pokes etc (i can only dream on for aegislash here, sigh...)

Pretentious

Fonty, I don't think the community really understands what you're asking.

All, I think staff is simply trying to offer some reward to players if they help during spawn testing. I don't know if using a drop event in this situation makes sense because it's a hindrance and counterproductive to players who are tracking which Pokémon are spawning. Sure the reward is nice, but I don't think you'll necessarily get that much more feedback since providing feedback has no impact whatsoever on getting the reward.

Some people will give feedback just because they want to help. Personally I don't care if there's a reward or not, but at this point, anything staff can do to stir more interest in this game is probably a good idea.

The-Predator

Youngster
those willing to help, Will help without trying to get something as reward, the very few players that read the forums, will inform those that doesnt, they will get the reward without giving the feedback, just like when events are launched, I have seen feedback topics with very few people giving feedback while everyone participated withouth giving a damn about the feedback topics once event has finished.

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
Even if players don't give direct feedback, the time they spend on the maps hunting the drop items will give us data. We can check how many did the event, how many rare pokemon were caught, and the minimum time that they needed to have spent on the maps to do the event. It will also make the spawn testing more popular for those initial few days and no doubt there will be more direct feedback just by default.

Really, apart from the drop items which is a necessary evil, I don't see a down side to this. The drop items themselves are not important- though we would make a neat little story to go with them of course- it's the time spent on the map, which is needed to get them. There is no other way currently to ensure that time is spent on a certain map and therefore this would be the only way to prove the vouchers were earned.

Goku-

I'll help the best I can, it gives me something to do :3

Tendou

Knowing vouchers are supposed to be rarely given (at least one per month) I do approve the way to let people test the maps in return for a voucher as a thanks.

While we're farming pokemons or even training some we can do some quests doesnt matter how boring they are, any bored quest can be completed while farming for pokemons.

I would really like to see a voucher event working together with the revamping.