Spamming reports in Community Watch. Seriously?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merse

Youngster
I can't post my opinion there, so I must do it here :)

For the last few days bot/hack reports increased drastically in the Community Watch section. But the problem is, that they don't have any proof! They report people by suspicion, by not knowing how the game works, by reason like "he did not answer me in PM" and so on... And they never post anything, which even remotely resembles to a proof that those players use forbidden programs. I'm talking to those players now:

Guys, this is ridiculous!!!

You ruin the credibility of those they reported before the whole community! And for what? Because you have a felling that those used a bot? Or personal grudge? This is called defamation and is a crime in all of the Western countries guys... Sometimes I fight PVPs in the middle of the road, sometimes I ignore PMs (for example because I'm about to quit and I'm not even there any more). Will you report everyone if he doesn't answer you immediately?
If you find a bot user, make a VIDEO about them, upload on Youtube, and post it in the Community Watch. And stop charging other players with deeds which can be sanctioned with the most severe punishment in PWO without solid evidence!

For the rest of the community: Thanks for your time :)

matileo19

Youngster
Website
imanub.com.nub
Merse said:
I can't post my opinion there, so I must do it here :)

For the last few days bot/hack reports increased drastically in the Community Watch section. But the problem is, that they don't have any proof! They report people by suspicion, by not knowing how the game works, by reason like "he did not answer me in PM" and so on... And they never post anything, which even remotely resembles to a proof that those players use forbidden programs. I'm talking to those players now:

Guys, this is ridiculous!!!

You ruin the credibility of those they reported before the whole community! And for what? Because you have a felling that those used a bot? Or personal grudge? This is called defamation and is a crime in all of the Western countries guys... Sometimes I fight PVPs in the middle of the road, sometimes I ignore PMs (for example because I'm about to quit and I'm not even there any more). Will you report everyone if he doesn't answer you immediately?
If you find a bot user, make a VIDEO about them, upload on Youtube, and post it in the Community Watch. And stop charging other players with deeds which can be sanctioned with the most severe punishment in PWO without solid evidence!

For the rest of the community: Thanks for your time :)

I totally agree with you. Some players are more focused on reporting possible (or not) cheaters, instead of play and have fun, come on! No one will give you a prize for reporting people and if you're doing this because you wanna be a gm, then show us that you can do something else besides the reports(talking about some people in community watch) we need people like crenel/bluerise in our staff, the bann hammer works well, but we all want to see something different to improve the game, ofcourse that less hackers is a way to improve the game, but you could use your time with something more usefull.

IPytonI

(PWO-)Life would much easier, when Player start reading the Tutorial, the Forums and/or the Wiki...

Dovee

Youngster
IPytonI said:
(PWO-)Life would much easier, when Player start reading the Tutorial, the Forums and/or the Wiki...

99% of people will never read anything, especially rules unless theres some form of a test, though most people would just keep finding ways to guess or avoid it in some way possible.

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
I don't see what the big deal is, the mods know whether the report is worth taking notice of or not. Not everyone can get it right every time. I mean, if someone wants to report me for running back and forth a lot, they are welcome to. If they think they're doing the right thing reporting it why not? Better than saying nothing and letting someone getting away with it. The innocent have nothing to worry about, the mods know what they're doing even if some of the community doesn't.

Merse

Youngster
First, because they make a lot of needless work for the devs, who are already overwhelmed anyway.
Second, because even the suspicion of using bot or being a scammer ruins the reputation of those players in the game.
Third, because it is annoying that they try to get the attention of the devs by reporting everything without any good reason.

My two cents only though.

Maideza

I blame the staff. When there's not even an overall set of forum rules, how can you expect people to apply any kind of common sense? =)

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
Maideza said:
I blame the staff. When there's not even an overall set of forum rules, how can you expect people to apply any kind of common sense? =)

You and your forum rules. :p As has been said, even if there were forum rules they wouldn't be read.

Community Watch is for the community, not for the elite. If you don't like how they are doing it, write up a guide for them to follow. They're trying to help the community by watching out for botters which is what we're all asked to do since the mods can't be everywhere at once, so I'm all for encouraging that not discouraging it.

Maideza

It's irrelevant if people wouldn't read them, the point is...

"If there are no "rules" how can they be breaking them?"

There's absolutely nothing wrong being done on this forum. As... You can't do anything wrong! =) So it is the staff's fault if this annoyance occur.

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
We already had this argument on the IRC chat, and here as it was there your argument is invalid. They'll get around to formalising forum rules when they have the time, until then the 'unspoken' or spread out rules of the forums are working a lot better than many other aspects of the game that need staff's time.

Masterlike

Banned
I got today a ip bann very bad.My nice account was played without bots or hacks.my old brother used a bot I´m not... . Why i get a bann with him don´t understand it.Give me a chance Gm´s pls Would be happy.Sry for my english. In love masterlike :(

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
Masterlike said:
I got today a ip bann very bad.My nice account was played without bots or hacks.my old brother used a bot I´m not... . Why i get a bann with him don´t understand it.Give me a chance Gm´s pls Would be happy.Sry for my english. In love masterlike :(

Masterlike you need to post here:

http://forum.pokemon-world-online.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=77

Click on 'New Topic' and make your ban appeal where the GM who banned you will see it.

This is an old topic which shouldn't have been needlessly revived. Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.