some what of a breeding idea

drvirus

hey, so i asked earlier today Teck if its possible to make an NPC take away a certain pokemon and he said he might be able to code something like that, so i would like to make this suggestion:

as you know the gold income in the game is high and the only way to get rid of it is by potions revives bikes surfs etc, but that is not enough, and at the same time the pokemon flowing into the game but not leaving out of the game, so i came up with this idea hope you like it:

the breeding system:

requirement:
x2 of the same pokemon example dragonite and dragonite.
X amount of money depending on the rarity of that pokemon. Common, rare, VR, HR, UC. "if this is hard to implement just make it a fixed amount"
both pokemons must be lvl 70+

Prosses:
the NPC will take both of those lvl 70+ pokemons + X amount of pokemoney and give you instead a lvl 5 of that pokemon

Outcome:
that lvl 5 pokemon will have 15+ IV's and a 0.1% Chance of being shiny. "i think this would be the only problem with implementing this system"

if you gave away 2 shiny versions of the pokemon, the outcome would be a lvl 5 shiny pokemon with IV's 28-31 i guess?

with this way, you can reduce the over flow of pokemons in the game such as HR's, and UC's as well as take out great amount of pokemoney from the economy to make it function better, and implement the long waited breeding system to work in an MMO properly.

what do you think?

Abox-

Website
forums.d2jsp.org
Wouldn't this just increase the amount of HRs in game..? Specially with it having 15+ IV's
Not to mention an overflow of common/rare pokes and the occasional HR

LanceDM

Its like giving a chance to these that CANT pay for tokens so, I can't see a big diff between paying the additional tokens to get a ''Shiny Chance'' with this idea, wich is not a bad idea, I liked it. And somehow we'll see LESS pokes in game and less money. But something must be done, because if I bought x2 S metas from the store (15 ivs+) and I put them with the npc, I'll get an epic 28 ivs + Shiny Metagross... not a big deal to others.

drvirus

AboxofWater said:
Wouldn't this just increase the amount of HRs in game..? Specially with it having 15+ IV's

no that will reduce it, because you are giving away 2 pokes for 1 poke, so 2 dragonites will be traded for 1 dratini

Merse

Youngster
This would reduce the amount of BAD HRs on the market and would drastically boost the amount of shinys and epic HRs. And such, it is a bad idea. Anything which makes it possible to grab something completely worthless (like 2 epic fail Slowkings) and make something insanely valuable from it (in this case a S HR) is a bad idea not only market-wise, but also considering PVP or the sentimental value of a very good Pokemon.
Plus it would make the luck factor even more insane in a game which already depends in 95% on luck.

Abox-

Website
forums.d2jsp.org
drvirus said:
AboxofWater said:

no that will reduce it, because you are giving away 2 pokes for 1 poke, so 2 dragonites will be traded for 1 dratini

Oh, I guess that makes sense.
I was thinking that after I posted what I said. But I still believe this is a bad idea imo.

drvirus

Merse said:
This would reduce the amount of BAD HRs on the market and would drastically boost the amount of shinys and epic HRs. And such, it is a bad idea. Anything which makes it possible to grab something completely worthless (like 2 epic fail Slowkings) and make something insanely valuable from it (in this case a S HR) is a bad idea not only market-wise, but also considering PVP or the sentimental value of a very good Pokemon.
Plus it would make the luck factor even more insane in a game which already depends in 95% on luck.

well soon and when the new auction house comes in alot of shiny UC's and HR's will be coming in from the token store, so thats not a problem its only a matter of time, and its not a problem if it happened anyway, and 1 in 1000 is still a high risk, and putting in a good amount of pokemoney for a try would limit it + it will make the market grow, players will start to buy and sell pokemons more and more, making money flow between players, not like now only a few are holding the most money. and battle wise it will be better and make it less luck, the game right now who ever got most lucky in getting max spd + atk etc hast he upper hand, but with this more of those would come in and becomes a matter of skills instead of luck.

Merse

Youngster
On the contrary! This would cripple the market, nobody would buy Pokemon as the seller would want to sell the bred Poke for a lot of money to take back what he spent on it plus to gain on it. The buyers won't pay such a high price because they can hunt craps by themselves, or they can buy bad Pokes for a few coins and breed their own epic Poke, so it cripples the basic idea of breeding itself. Not to mention that if the breeding cost is set to too high, it would suck out too many Pokedollars, which wold lead to a situation where breeding doesn't worth it, because nobody wants to spend a huge sum on the bred Poke later. Again, breeding becomes pointless. Or the cost will be too low, in this case shiny/epic HRs will be swarming out of the breeding center, which is again, a bad idea, and breeding becomes pointless because you can buy granted epic HRs for a mere few million.

Oh and your argument about the mart doesn't make sense at all. Why would it change the rate of token purchase? Sure it will increase it for a short while, but not permanently. It definitely won't overload the market with shinys and UCs. Not more than it is now overloaded, so your argument is definitely invalid.

1/1000 risks means that at least one S HR will show up per week. Currently the ratio of finding a HR is less than one per month! Do the math! What are the chances of a S HR?

LanceDM

Merse said:
On the contrary! This would cripple the market, nobody would buy Pokemon as the seller would want to sell the bred Poke for a lot of money to take back what he spent on it plus to gain on it. The buyers won't pay such a high price because they can hunt craps by themselves, or they can buy bad Pokes for a few coins and breed their own epic Poke, so it cripples the basic idea of breeding itself. Not to mention that if the breeding cost is set to too high, it would suck out too many Pokedollars, which wold lead to a situation where breeding doesn't worth it, because nobody wants to spend a huge sum on the bred Poke later. Again, breeding becomes pointless. Or the cost will be too low, in this case shiny/epic HRs will be swarming out of the breeding center, which is again, a bad idea, and breeding becomes pointless because you can buy granted epic HRs for a mere few million.

Oh and your argument about the mart doesn't make sense at all. Why would it change the rate of token purchase? Sure it will increase it for a short while, but not permanently. It definitely won't overload the market with shinys and UCs. Not more than it is now overloaded, so your argument is definitely invalid.

1/1000 risks means that at least one S HR will show up per week. Currently the ratio of finding a HR is less than one per month! Do the math! What are the chances of a S HR?

Thumbs up... you're right

CheckeredZebra

Youngster
Well, something nobody is considering in terms of economic impact is breeding moves. Regardless of how breeding is implemented, it could suddenly open a nich in the market if included.

I mean you can't get a Stealth Rock Skarmory any other way, so people would be be looking for epic pokemon with specific moves. "LF good stats Charizard with AncientPower" or "Selling Uber Detect Vaporeon"

Not for or against anything, but I'm just saying.

Saric

Youngster
The only way that I can see breeding being viable is if all UCs were operating in game, or if the bred poke was untradeable.
Otherwise it'd pump in numerous valuable battlers with even more valuable egg moves and throw everything off balance.