Some ideas i had c:

Yahiamice

Hello fellas,pokétrainers,staff members,kittens,etc... I got here some...ideas to stlightly enhance the game's mechanics/fancyness.

193214IVRay.png

IV-Ray specs
Has indefinite uses. Can be used upon encountering wild Pokémon to see their IV's without catching them.

197089ExperienceBand.png

Experience Band
When held by a Pokémon in a battle, slightly multiplies it's gained XP.

786183DarknessFeather.png

Darkness Feather
When held by a Pokémon that is on the first position of your team,repels half of the wild Pokémon.

892132PowerBall.png

Power Ball
Greatly raises -stat- (Attack,defense,speed,etc...) but lowers -stat- as a minus.

And some other stuff, like...

The health bar
How about having,such as generation III, a health bar that switches from green(100-50%) to yellow (50-25%) and then red (25-1%) instead of just green all the way there? Not asking for it on the HUD,just for the battles. That would save some time checking.

TRUE STORY THAT ALWAYS HAPPENS
"Oh look at this HR Pokémon ! It's water typed and it's 45 levels down my lowerest pokémon. I'm gonna get my diglet do scratch on it and make him lose 90% of his hp to capture him easily !"
*diglet uses scratch*
Wild pokémon seems to have 51% HP
"Whoa, that was close. So that means only one scratch and i'll be able to catch it without problems !"
*diglet uses scratch again*
*realises the first scratch dealt more than 50% of the wild poké's health*
*horribly rare pokémon fainted*
*sniff*

The battle introduction
How about instead of that awkward "Prepare to Battle" screen,a shading with three different forms that englobes the entire screen to welcome the new battle ? Such as normal Pokémon? That would be fancy and really appreciated !

Consumable items
The last thing i have to speak about is the ability of being able to consum items (i.e : potions,fresh water...) outside of battles ? That would make useless the fact that we have to encounter a wild poké to get the heal done. Would be appreciated too.

Dear staff member/anything else,thank you for reading these notes. Have a good day everyone!

nemo55

I really like these ideas, definitely some things to consider here. The health bar would look cool and give us a better sense of orientation during battle. Please implement this one staff. :-[

DarkCyrus

Seriously, we should think about we dont even have held items ingame, i would be happy with seen at least few berries been hold, before thinking in some of these

Merse

Youngster
Except of IV-Ray and XP Band I would support all of those idea. The only problem is that this game has much more urging issues to be dealt with.

Yahiamice

Thank you for the feedback everyone!
I know having held items ingame is a tough deal but...well we'll see when pwo won't be beta anymore?
By the way, i colored the item displays myself,using normal game templates c:

Andrewcader

need more battle like elite four would be cool.Pokemon game is not only on capturing rare poke.So putting more battle can be fun.

Yahiamice

Andrewcader said:
need more battle like elite four would be cool.Pokemon game is not only on capturing rare poke.So putting more battle can be fun.
That could be a great idea but would be kind'of hard to develop...
And just saying,people would just go , beat the elite 4 , get exp from it, re-beat the elite 4 and get lvl 99 in no time :x

Nikola

Youngster
Not feasible with current client. Will be feasible if we get new client updated regularly.

Saric

Youngster
IV X-ray would not be viable because IVs are randomized again upon capture. This wouldn't help anything. The rest I agree with apart from the XP band and the Power ball.

Andrewcader

Maybe you are right it can be hard to develop.But in term of exp i don't think people will get to lvl 99 in no time.
Elite four will be more like gym leader therefor can't re-battle. XD

Orean

Website
twitter.com
Andrewcader said:
Maybe you are right it can be hard to develop.But in term of exp i don't think people will get to lvl 99 in no time.
Elite four will be more like gym leader therefor can't re-battle. XD

Sidenote: Just to ensure that there are no mis-expectations, regarding what to expect from the Elite Four, we have not conceptualized any scheme for the Elite Four at this time—whether or not it will be a string of premier, top-end NPCs, as it was in the handheld games, or a more PWO-unique take on it, such as a quest, is still open-ended. That ushers into a different discussion, however.

Experience Band: I've actually been interested in discussing potential vessels to grant bonus-experience boosts; while we are unable to reformulate the leveling-up formula (which dictates how much experience is required to level up), which many players see as the main aggravator in the tedium of leveling up, forms of bonus/additive experience can at least mitigate it.

It may need to be discussed further, however, to refine what others may find impractical in an idea at face value. Examples: Would there be limits to it? How many doses of bonus experience would it grant, and at what point would all of the bonus experience decay? How would it be recharged with new doses of bonus experience?

mad30

Youngster
make an item called cruise control.

after consuming it you have 20 seconds of CAPS LOCK usage (line limit still applies) without being punished

would be the most used item in game