Snorlax is messing with me!

EgoFatalus

Hi, I just wonder if this also happened to you guys?

I was looking for snorlax for like one month and i finnaly found it yesterday. But I used all of my 74 pokeballs and I couldn't catch it (and I weakened it first). Is that even possible if you are not me? :-\

G

Yes it is possible, and weakining a pokemon (for now) doesnt affect the catch rate.

maadoo

y d did u have only 74 pokeballs with u ? i have 999 for cases like this

Naero

Snorlax is assigned a more improbable capture rate than most Pokemon, as cited on capture rate listing. Since PWO's capture rate inaccurately calculated at this time, it is a rather repressive obstacle to capture a Pokemon such as Snorlax that is assigned a difficult capture rate, so for others it has take hundreds of capture attempts to no avail as well.

Although reducing the target's health and afflicting it with a status ailment isn't as effective as it was in the handheld games, it does produce some effect, but rather a feeble one - it seems to only affect the capture rate after a certain portion of health has been reduced, rather than a gradual effect.

Until the capture rate is tweaked, I will tend to have hundreds of pokeballs on hand at all times in case a Pokemon stubbornly resists repeated capture attempts.

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
That's epic bad luck, but yes you need to have a large surplus of pokeballs on you at all times. My record for pokeballs used on one catch so far is 82 for an unweakened miltank.