Small Graphic Changes Big Differences!

Solaris502

Hi im new to PWO and i love it. i have been wanting a online pokemon game since pokemon and the internet were invented, its an awesome idea and i think the devs have done a good job thus far, minus a few buggy issues and a few grips about the battle animations. but i have a few small changes to the graphics that could make things just a little easier to read for the battles.

1. A lot is lost in the combat log do to that fact that its very mono tone. a mere change in the color of the text would help break that up just a little. its as simple as making the text from the enemies a red color and the text from the players pokemon in green. If you wanna take it to the next level if coding allows make the pokemons name only change to the above colors respectively and then bold and color the name of the move used to the color of its type (ex. Water gun in Light Blue Water Gun, Flame thrower in Red Flame Thrower).

2. Since you have access to the internal numbers of damage and such it would be nice to see those displayed in the combat log. as well as when a stat mod move is used maybe have the total after displayed (ex. Tail whip decreases ~ Atk Def by 10 (54)).

3. Now i know that green and red are prominent colors for color blind people so you could add in a option to return the text to the all white text or again if you wanted to take it to next level ad a color blind mode that changes the reds to blue. that would require more coding but im sure the fans would appropriate the extra work.

All together this would look a little something like this:
Pikachu attacks with Thunder Shockhits for (26).
Pikachu attacks with Surf hits for (15).

i know that the devs are probably busy with other things but i think that these small changes would help new players and help old players by just breaking up some of those walls of texts in the combat log.
again i would just like to thank all the work that you all have put into this awesome game.

Maideza

Requires a client update.

And good luck getting that anytime soon.

CoolKnightST

Recoloring text could give some read problems since almost every color is taken in the color pannel. If it need an client update they better inplement type symboles rather than an recolored text. It's harder to implement but better than nothing. I however think it's possible without an client edit but that would be seen as hacking anyway.

For grafics some time already can be improved by renew the old images from 4 pixel to 1 pixel detailed.

Staff Question: When will the developpers be back? Or do you have to find new ones?

Solaris502

TheWyatt2012 said:
Nice idea, but you shouldn't have to post this topic in two different areas.

yea i know i didnt really know were to post it, so i posted it in the artist area first till i realized that it was for sigs more then anything im prolly going to delete that one

Solaris502

yea client update would be required, being kinda new i dont know how often they do that, im guessin not often. still think it would help with just breaking up the wall of text that is the combat log.

Saric

Youngster
Solaris502 said:
yea client update would be required, being kinda new i dont know how often they do that, im guessin not often. still think it would help with just breaking up the wall of text that is the combat log.
Considering the only client dev is basically not working on the game, it very rarely happens.

Solaris502

hmmm i wish i knew how to program i would so work on this game if they let me, a lot the moves dont work like they should and the stat mod moves are way to powerful early game do to the static nature of how they have them. in the actual game they are 2 faced. its -10 or 10% which ever is lower cause in early game 10 pure points can be more the 30% of your total def/atk

ex. if total def is 35 then a -10 is 28% of your total def, while 10% is -3.5 which is scaled much better for that level.

InvisibleMonsters

you can change the colour of your font, just like you can change your pwo skin. you might not be able to change it to multiple colours like you're saying but if you go to your skin folder and click "settings" (it opens in notepad usually) you can fool around with the colours there instead of having it just be the plain white. it's not as detailed but it still allows you to customize it to what you want for the most part if you're sick of the white.

as for the others, i guess it would be a good idea in regards to if you wanna catch a pokemon and see how much damage you're doing? but then again, it doesn't matter much because people just base it off how much of the hp bar is left and usually use pokemon/attacks/advantage that will 1 hit kill anyway. i mean, it's all good ideas but eh, different colours for your pokemon/the enemy pokemon would be good if you're both using the same pokemon so you know which is hitting first i guess but then again, it still doesn't matter much imo because you figure it out the next turn.

Merse

Youngster
1. Recoloring texts would make some lines unreadable, which is not good.
2. Giving out how many damage you did exactly (in HPs) would take a very important tactical element and fun factor from the game.

Maideza

Merse said:
1. Recoloring texts would make some lines unreadable, which is not good.
2. Giving out how many damage you did exactly (in HPs) would take a very important tactical element and fun factor from the game.

I. If done right, it won't be an issue - it comes down to the tone of the background.
II. SImply don't incl. them!

Example;

nStB9.jpg

Edit: Realised I made a type on the screenshot, sorry about that