Slaking can't learn rock slide ( for some people yes, no)

Mortyh

Re: Slaking can't learn rock slide ( for some people yes, no

EcoWOLFrb said:
Add slaking's ability and it won't be a problem. Especially since there's no switching usually. I don't know what the flaw is in doing this.

I'm Slaking owner and sometimes, I battle with it. I completely agree with what Eco said. Just give us Slak's ability. But the point is, all this discussion is because Slak has legendary ivs and it actually a beast in pvp until this moment. We have a more complex question here, some pokes has abilities, some of them hasn't. In my opinion, all abilities need to be added now. This is the best way to keep game's balance. I know that inclusion will take a time and will be gradually, but we really need this since some abilities already been launched.

The-Predator

Youngster

coming back to the same thing (probably you are tired of reading this), Why cant we get ability truant for slaking??

LeroyGarcia

Youngster

Slaking users are just noobs or children...simple as that. One would not use a machine gun in a battle of swords for ethical reasons. Like others said, if it was up to slaking users the a majority would prefer to keep it as is, from a fair point of view either reset all slakings' moves or add the ability. No need to ask permission in this situation. Cheers

Nikola

Youngster

You are wasting your breath and time on this topic. There is no discussion about Slaking getting Truant ability. It's only ability slaking knows. If you are going to discus about this matter then I feel sorry for game ever coming online just because things like those. You don't go around asking for feedback about this. Answer is simple, we don't have anyone available to introduce the ability. As for those ones who can't deal with Slaking in battle I will give you one advice. Login in playerdex and start releasing your Pokemon. Now you can mass release I guess. Man up..adapt or walk away silently. Srlsy...look at yourself.

LeroyGarcia

Youngster

Adapt to the fact that some slakings have moves that my slaking can't learn? I don't use slak btw as he is op in pvp but still I feel they should even out the field by resetting all it's moves.

Saric

Youngster

Darcia said:
You are wasting your breath and time on this topic. There is no discussion about Slaking getting Truant ability. It's only ability slaking knows. If you are going to discus about this matter then I feel sorry for game ever coming online just because things like those. You don't go around asking for feedback about this. Answer is simple, we don't have anyone available to introduce the ability. As for those ones who can't deal with Slaking in battle I will give you one advice. Login in playerdex and start releasing your Pokemon. Now you can mass release I guess. Man up..adapt or walk away silently. Srlsy...look at yourself.
Oh please lay off it Darc. It isn't exactly fair that some slaks have moves that they absolutely should not have and others don't at all.

Either a reset on the movesets need to happen or truant needs to come into play. Without truant, slaking is so entirely overpowered in any battle system, which is made evident by limiting its TM moveset to none. Telling people to "adapt" to something that's so horribly broken is terrible logic.

Nikola

Youngster

Saric said:
Darcia said:
Oh please lay off it Darc. It isn't exactly fair that some slaks have moves that they absolutely should not have and others don't at all.

Either a reset on the movesets need to happen or truant needs to come into play. Without truant, slaking is so entirely overpowered in any battle system, which is made evident by limiting its TM moveset to none. Telling people to "adapt" to something that's so horribly broken is terrible logic.

You don't nerf, you fix. We had Slaking nerfed many times as well as other Pokemon. For me that's terrible logic. Why would you spend years on nerfing if you can actually fix? It can be done yes. As for adapting. Slaking is not only thing to adapt to. We had a lot more to adapt to. If people are not able to adapt to battle system and follow PWO battle trends then theres nothing for them to do in battle channel. It might not be easy, but once slaking gets ability it will be okay. Now man up guys. This is not whining contest.

The-Predator

Youngster

Im not trying to get moveset reset for every single slaking, I think few of us, are asking for ability to come in, thats all we are asking, no need to nerf, no need to modify its stats, only get the truant ability working properly for it, and complains about it will be over, thats it!!

LeroyGarcia

Youngster

Darcia said:
Saric said:
Darcia said:

You don't nerf, you fix. We had Slaking nerfed many times as well as other Pokemon. For me that's terrible logic. Why would you spend years on nerfing if you can actually fix? It can be done yes. As for adapting. Slaking is not only thing to adapt to. We had a lot more to adapt to. If people are not able to adapt to battle system and follow PWO battle trends then theres nothing for them to do in battle channel. It might not be easy, but once slaking gets ability it will be okay. Now man up guys. This is not whining contest.

You still didn't answer on the unfairness of some slakings having moves others don't have -_-

On the other hand I'm manning up by asking for battles w/ no slak :) luckily I have a decent team to manage to turn around the battle on my side against a slak but others not so much. One cannot simply man up against a slaking in normal circumstances, let alone against those with moves they shouldn't have.

Cheers

Nikola

Youngster

LeroyGarcia said:
Darcia said:
Saric said:
Darcia said:

You still didn't answer on the unfairness of some slakings having moves others don't have -_-

On the other hand I'm manning up by asking for battles w/ no slak :) luckily I have a decent team to manage to turn around the battle on my side against a slak but others not so much. One cannot simply man up against a slaking in normal circumstances, let alone against those with moves they shouldn't have.

Cheers

I already stated that change probably occurred when they had to rollback some changes. Some updates were missing from the build. Several moves got broken too. I don't usually use Slaking but it's easy to defend against one.

But seriously. We shouldn't be nerfing Pokemon. Truant ability is one of the easiest ability to introduce and it needs no new client because packets are fine. It can be treated similar as recharging moves just in this case you would be making new function something like ["TruantActiveTurn"] where server knows when Slaking can move and when it can't. I believe there is already function when Pokemon can't move like ["ImpossibleToMove"] = true;. It can be mixed with recharging moves thingy where the block occurs after you selected any of 4 moves and output text can be set to "Slaking is loafing around"... like in handhelds. Pretty much sure one of the easiest abilities to introduce if not easiest together with Levitate, Intimidate and absorbing abilities like; water, volt etc.

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net

I was actually contemplating whether code could be added to inflict Slaking with a "recharge" status after each successful move. This would make it act like it had used a move such as Hyper Beam - regardless of move, a "recharge" would be needed for the next turn. This, to me, would serve as a quick-and-dirty fix. However, I have not yet investigated whether this is possible; or discussed with other Staff whether we would want it. I may look into it when I have some more free time.

EcoWOLFrb

Youngster

I don't see how, if it's so easy to do, slaking wasn't the very first pokemon to get an ability. Someone really had their head in the wrong place when doing this. Now we have Dragonite with multiscale but slaking with no traunt, sounds like great prioritizing to me. This is a shame, and these mistakes must be corrected post-haste.