Situation OUTBREAK

PaawanTono

Amelia said:
I believe that staff members of PWO knows much as you know or maybe just a little more if paypal owner of PWO hinted something to them. However, chances are that someone from staff might have the donation and purchase logs directed to said paypal account, given the automated way of gaining tokens when you donate it has to be logged. I've came across some statistics for 2013 which I've found on the net. Something like this would be okay for people to know I guess. So everyone can calculate and say how much around money was made in PWO. In this case you can see around 300,000,00 USD of traffic through 2013 (without items and other donations (only MS and Pokes)). On that sum you can add around 5/6 thousands of USD per year for server costs and you get around 290k USD of extra money left. "I cannot be 100% positive about the montly server costs but lets say around 450/550 USD per month including the DDoS protection system. There are some little taxes from paypals side as well. I believe that donator will be taxed upon donation, not quiet sure.

This would work if actual statistics are given to people if you want them to know. Another thing would be if you don't want them to know. Reason of not showing the actual traffic through certain period of time could be also to avoid legal issues and so on. You don't want the Nintendo and PayPal agents reading the statistics if the game is supposed to be non profit and fan made. This would pretty much mean the end of the project. What can happen after is moving the server to a different location when your host receives an letter from Nintendo or PayPal. Another dangerous thing would be someone suing the actual paypal owner for fraud and making use of something what is not their such as pokemons. (One of the reason I liked the thread called "Remove Pokemons from Tokens Store"). You have to realize we live in the 21st century and there is no way to trick the system. What I don't understand why would you post the statistic for 2013 if you are supposed to be under radar. This is why I am failing to see how ordinary staff are related here. Do they get payed or donated to? Most likely this is not the case, at least not with every staff. So for second time I can say that bashing at normal staff who are much of the fans as you are is not right thing to do. The reason is quiet obvious, they do not have the PayPal access of PWO and not able to provide you what you are asking from them. What they can do is give something like logs like they did 2013 (if they get permission to do so). You have to realize that staff often have their hands tied and not in their jurisdiction or power to provide you with the info you are asking from them. Do you ask an admin to show you the ban logs? You don't. Do you ask Devs to show you the ban logs? You don't. This is why ranks and responsibility are in the place even if they can provide you with what you want........Maybe all staff has logs I can't say but again it's not theirs to publish anything. It's up to PayPal account owner. At the end, you aren't obligated to donate, you can beat all the game without donating and have awesome achievements.
1st of all the 2013 stats graph was just written and not a paper proof.
2ndly they have to show us the information about where our money goes bcoz it's the rule of the non-profit communities to share this with people as they are paying for it.
3rdly Nintendo/Game Freak won't say anything unless staff using it for Profit. And this is a fan made game so they can't just say anything. If staff makes profit out of it. Game will be closed my Nintendo/Game Freak strictly.
4thly Xan should come on and share us all of these stuffs himself as he is the one who is getting all the donations.
5th Dev's and Admin's Have to show our ban logs if we asked them Bcoz many Players get ban by mistake and manytimes(Almost 90% of times) people who gets ban for nothing are remain banned.

I personally don't mind if I donate to PWO. I would donate to level up my pokemons easier and to have a different experience in the game. I obviously won't donate some larger amount of money to buy pokemons of the store in a bulk because I am strongly against that. I explained why already and I would feel bad if I can get a pokemon that easy with no effort. Once or twice would be cool but later becomes boring and you value them less. But yeah, I am positive you are knocking on the wrong doors.
Yea i agree with this point and many people do. Pokemanz shouldn't be in token store.

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
Amelia whatever figures you are going on they are completely wrong, as is your guess as to what PWO costs to run. It makes less and costs more. Currently as I have said we are still recovering from the period when registration was closed late last year and barely covering costs.

There is nothing more to reveal from our side. As I've said before Xan has access to these forums and I believe he follows conversations like these as he has answered questions like these in the past. It is up to him to answer those questions any further if he wishes to do so, though he may not feel the need to repeat what he has already said recently.

PaawanTono

HitmonFonty said:
Amelia whatever figures you are going on they are completely wrong, as is your guess as to what PWO costs to run. It makes less and costs more. Currently as I have said we are still recovering from the period when registration was closed late last year and barely covering costs.

There is nothing more to reveal from our side. As I've said before Xan has access to these forums and I believe he follows conversations like these as he has answered questions like these in the past. It is up to him to answer those questions any further if he wishes to do so, though he may not feel the need to repeat what he has already said recently.

Can u link those answers please ?

Amelia

HitmonFonty said:

Well, I've said around as an example knowing the average costs for normal server with DDoS protection. It would not be logical if PWO is paying more than 600 USD for server costs. And I was going based on what was provided in the link for PWO stats for 2013, I never got those numbers from my head am I? And I also said that only person from staff that can clarify the issue is the PayPal owner itself. I am also aware that you have google ads running and ads from partners. I never mentioned them before but they can help with the costs, hence why they are there. I personally don't care much about how much money is being made by PWO. If I want to donate I will donate for my own pleasure and to help to the project. Given the current project status I am not the only one who would support the game with a few bucks asking nothing in return. :)

Arnie

Im just gonna leave this here, if this stirs things up then so be it:

The google ads arent linked to the server fund paypal. Otherwise there wouldnt be a need for such overpriced pokemon. I mean up to $11 a pokemon...come on man i can buy xbox 360 games for cheaper than that.

Secondly, we arent angry that there are updates. Updates are good. But its the methods that lead to this that are in question. We are angry that the people who were here to provide the updates this game so desperately needed were pushed away because the team 'didnt like them'. And look what happened. Im not gonna deny that another game was spawned from these people who were deemed not good enough for PWO, and in the same time its taken u guys to add what, 3 abilities tue game has progressed so much, a whole server rewrite, many features, 6th gen mechanics, abilities, natures, graphics based on the late 4th/early 5th gen games. And people question y they moan at the PWO staff for not working. These so called PWO rejects have gone on and created a game that is actually for the people, and not a playground for its staff.

Delete this if u will but its just denying the inevitablity that this game is on its last legs unless the system that governs the way its organised drastically changes

PaawanTono

Arnie said:
Im just gonna leave this here, if this stirs things up then so be it:

The google ads arent linked to the server fund paypal. Otherwise there wouldnt be a need for such overpriced pokemon. I mean up to $11 a pokemon...come on man i can buy xbox 360 games for cheaper than that.

Secondly, we arent angry that there are updates. Updates are good. But its the methods that lead to this that are in question. We are angry that the people who were here to provide the updates this game so desperately needed were pushed away because the team 'didnt like them'. And look what happened. Im not gonna deny that another game was spawned from these people who were deemed not good enough for PWO, and in the same time its taken u guys to add what, 3 abilities tue game has progressed so much, a whole server rewrite, many features, 6th gen mechanics, abilities, natures, graphics based on the late 4th/early 5th gen games. And people question y they moan at the PWO staff for not working. These so called PWO rejects have gone on and created a game that is actually for the people, and not a playground for its staff.

Delete this if u will but its just denying the inevitablity that this game is on its last legs unless the system that governs the way its organised drastically changes

(y) will say nothing since u explained everything :p

Merse

Youngster
I always welcome new players who think they can save the world. But honestly Amelia, you're here for a far too short time to really see into what was going on in the past few years...