Signatures

Tendou

Well, when I was browsing through PWO forums I got a interesting point about signatures. I dont do forums too much but when I do I read almost everything and rarely answers them.

Isn't it a good idea to make signature limited, allowing your signature to be posted only once per page? Tons of signatures may distract you when you read huge comments and some important information.

What do you guys think about that?

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
Unfortunately the Forum software prevents enforcement of such a rule; so it would come down to honour of the part of players to uphold such a ruling; and we have more important things to do than to punish those who break such a petty rule.

Rules already exist, however, as to the maximum length a signature can take up on a single post; in order to discourage wasting space; and you can always report a post if you feel the poster is not respecting the rules and wasting large swathes of space with their signature. Should you find signatures a constant distraction, an option also exists in User Control Panel > Board preferences > Edit display options to disable your account being shown signatures while you are logged in. This applies globally across your view of the Forum.