Sick of the direction PWO is going...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheWyatt2012

matileo19 said:
The dark history of Naero is kinda stupid... just think about it for 2 secs, I don't care about his ''dark history'' and the new players don't know what he did.

Vegeta tried to destroy the world, but Goku gave him a chance... They ended up being best friends and Vegeta was a good person after all. We learn from the mistakes.

You're comparing his situation to an animated fantasy cartoon?

Some of the staff doesn't trust him. This is real life (to an extent) not some anime. The two situations are completely different.

matileo19

Youngster
Website
imanub.com.nub
TheWyatt2012 said:
matileo19 said:
The dark history of Naero is kinda stupid... just think about it for 2 secs, I don't care about his ''dark history'' and the new players don't know what he did.

Vegeta tried to destroy the world, but Goku gave him a chance... They ended up being best friends and Vegeta was a good person after all. We learn from the mistakes.

You're comparing his situation to an animated fantasy cartoon?

Some of the staff doesn't trust him. This is real life (to an extent) not some anime. The two situations are completely different.

It was an example, if you could read the phrase I wrote at the end you'd have understood. I would like to hear that from an staff member.

Oh and what is this ? Its just a game, but some people thinks that its real.

Merse

Youngster
Hardcoreh said:
I don't think it's a good idea to close registration to just "clean" the bots. Because once registration is open again, botters will also be there again. It will be an endless routine.
Most (if not all) bots are probably packet bots, forgetting about the client would mean forgetting about the bots also.
If we want to reduce the amount of botters, we need a new client with better packet encryption and change the overall packet structure.
So your solution would be to let rampage the botters until the new client is done? Which, as I explained would take another half year at least...
I know that cleaning the game wouldn't solve the issue permanently, but somewhere you must start cleaning the game.

dea7th

Who cares, the guy helps out the server and his been pretty much the only one besides hitmonty paciently answering every question that pops up in help
He answers all of his PMs and is kind. He genuinly feels bad, and ^^^^^^^ people like you making him feel worse. A lot of great people with potencial start off as trolls Simply because they are smarter than the rest and get bored easily. But once you get caught in the mindset of guilt and repentance youl never find a more devoted person for you team

Suck up your distrust and move on, its beta game we and need risks to be taken with proper actions without the need of stalling. Your server is flooded with bots, Iv got many many many reports from the last night with an included 20+ bot names. Its quite serious that there is not GMs online pacific time so when its 12 am here its 3 am elsewhere and 4 am and what not. No staff are gareteed to be online at that time banning bots, you just don't see it happen ever. If you want control over the bots your gunna need GMs that are online within a time frame of at least 2 hours between each other. its rediculious for chocobo and bluerise to pick up all the slack from the dead GM accounts that hardly get touched. What are the new players supposed to think when they ask for a GM ( even tho a GM likly would have to answer) and hear that there is hardly GMs online. Their going to lul at all you, and download a bot and use it because they THINK they wont get banned.

THATS the real isssue here.

dea7th

I promise, If you elect me as president. I will put the ban hammer down on botters with a vengeance.

as well as fix the economy. I promise to ahold to my oath and wield my hammer against this post terminator pokemon world filled with bots and few
cowering surviving players. We need a john carter people, We need someone to warp out of nowhere and save us from the impending doooooom.

Seriously tho, you say you want help yet everyone else seems to be as stuck on to the idea that ( you may never find new GMs soon enough) because of reasons concurning
(account privacy and invasion as well as pokemon trading) Ellect neero or someone. I don't care if its me personally,

Just as long as there is a GM online in the forums to answer reports il be happy.
I was having fun with chocobo hunting botters, I have a slight personality disorder that seems to take luls in filing these reports. The appeal section is pretty funny too.
I love reading peoples excuses lol.

Anyways il keep proceeding to fill the community page with every last known botter in game, and flood it with video evidence.
I just hope to see a GM online soon today to deal with yesterdays slack....

Nikola

Youngster
dea7th said:
I promise, If you elect me as president. I will put the ban hammer down on botters with a vengeance.

as well as fix the economy. I promise to ahold to my oath and wield my hammer against this post terminator pokemon world filled with bots and few
cowering surviving players. We need a john carter people, We need someone to warp out of nowhere and save us from the impending doooooom.

Seriously tho, you say you want help yet everyone else seems to be as stuck on to the idea that ( you may never find new GMs soon enough) because of reasons concurning
(account privacy and invasion as well as pokemon trading) Ellect neero or someone. I don't care if its me personally,

Just as long as there is a GM online in the forums to answer reports il be happy.
I was having fun with chocobo hunting botters, I have a slight personality disorder that seems to take luls in filing these reports. The appeal section is pretty funny too.

Anyways il keep proceeding to fill the community page with every last known botter in game, and flood it with video evidence.
Why do I have the feeling that every election candidate is having a same speech and gives same promises. It reminds me on Bush's speech 2001 . Even if someone if chosen that doesn't mean that they will do a perfect job. I made God knows how much videos and other reports which resulted with a ban. Showing a lust for the position never helps one's chances. I hope you understand me here. It is good to report someone that is rule breaking. It helps a bit.

-As I said before. I wish if someone can consider my suggestion about closing the registrations or make them as they were before. IRC would be lively again. At least GMs can do many things in meantime with no need for another one. If you are solving problem step by step it is better then wait on 1000 problems and "try" to solve them then. Then eventually you will say "I give up" because there are many problems here.
Hardcoreh said:
I don't think it's a good idea to close registration to just "clean" the bots. Because once registration is open again, botters will also be there again. It will be an endless routine.
Most (if not all) bots are probably packet bots, forgetting about the client would mean forgetting about the bots also.
If we want to reduce the amount of botters, we need a new client with better packet encryption and change the overall packet structure.
Bots aren't only issue that needs to be solved. In meantime IP banning botters would prevent them to return. Even if they return they will be banned again for evading original ban. It is already endless routine because they are getting rewarded with perma ban only and they are able to return because registration is opened. If they were IP banned with every account they are having I can't see them coming back. And imagine this game when new client comes. For now this is only a gamble. Leave things as they are and wait for a client or close registration and put some resistance in meantime. Why would first solution be a gamble? Because you don't know what kind of players will remain until then. I am not joking here. I am suggesting something that will possibly change things until new client is developed.

dea7th

Yeah, let them run rampent. Sounds like a perfect idea. Il spend 14 hours a day doing this to get the community motivated. We need more awareness for players to play fair. And we need perma bans as mentioned for repeat offenders. There is no Justice for those who get caught twice. There is just to many of them out there and people need a wake up call.

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
Anyone who is banned due to botting, is banned permanently. The decision not to IP ban was due to a change of staff policy.

Ramensnoodle

Youngster
This might be straying off topic a bit but I saw you have a transfer feature on the upcoming pdex, banned accounts wont be able to use this right. Just wondering since idk if there might still be functionality to these accs in the new pdex which might allow them to move stuff form them.

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
Ramensnoodle said:
This might be straying off topic a bit but I saw you have a transfer feature on the upcoming pdex, banned accounts wont be able to use this right. Just wondering since idk if there might still be functionality to these accs in the new pdex which might allow them to move stuff form them.
It will be disabled.

psychosamm

Youngster
dea7th said:

I lol'd at the beginning.

Anyways i wanted to comment on all the botting reports you've made, and i must say, i'm impressed! It's almost like you're spamming CW with reports of botters, in fact i imagined the GMs telling you "Stop spamming!!!"
"But i'm making reports of botters! D:"
"Uhhh.... Damn...."
Haha, but anyways hopefully all your reports will be a wake up call for the staff, since CW has been flooded with many new botter reports, and you are only one person, so this is only a small fraction of all the botting going on, and needs to be dealt with, but with the amount of GMs being active, i have a feeling one or two might be missed simply because of the inability to take care of all of them.
I sincerely encourage the staff to take a chance and actually trust someone enough to hire them as a GM, who it is, i dont care, as long as at least one new GM is added. I think 3 more should be the goal though :D

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
You don't think 4 is enough? With the added assistance of the rest of the staff (who put in a huge amount of effort as well).

psychosamm

Youngster
Bluerise said:
You don't think 4 is enough? With the added assistance of the rest of the staff (who put in a huge amount of effort as well).
I'm not saying the staff doesn't work hard or anything, but i think its pretty obvious what the answer to your first question is. However if you're implying giving GM powers to other sections of staff, such as GEs or CGs, then that could certainly be of great benefit, though it could get a little complicated differentiating those who volunteer to help from those who don't. Though that's only if that's what you were implying, which i'm not sure if you were.

But anyways no, 4 GMs is certainly not enough, especially when many can only be active a couple days a week. It would be helpful to have several more, even if they can only be on a few days a week as well. Though i do know the staff works hard even though they don't get much of anything in return, and it is much appreciated, but putting the burden of the whole crime committing community on a handful of people is wrong.

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
Figured as much, numbers wise - the GM group (and gml) have had worse before. Now to clear up on things - we're not against getting GMs however we simply can't promote x player to GM even if we ourselves trust them. Group numbers are brought up at least monthly between staff and staff groups usually raise up concerns if they feel they need extra members. If I recall right, the GMs as of current do not have any concerns that have been raised. With regards to other staff, i'm not saying they are getting an expansion on their current powers, we give powers based on what we believe they need and there will be times when we sometimes add x power to x group if we feel it is necessary.

We understand that many of you are concerned about the number of botters etc... that are about, however if you're going based on numbers in the ban appeals Forum - that makes up a small number of accounts banned on a daily basis. We are always looking to make changes or improvements where we can which are within our limits. While promoting new GMs are within our limits, any new GMs would still required to be trained (which is likely to be a month period anyway) and right now is not the best time for this to be happening.

On a random note, you're all going to hate the updated registration system going by this topic. ;)

Mirral

Bluerise said:
We understand that many of you are concerned about the number of botters etc... that are about, however if you're going based on numbers in the ban appeals Forum - that makes up a small number of accounts banned on a daily basis. We are always looking to make changes or improvements where we can which are within our limits. While promoting new GMs are within our limits, any new GMs would still required to be trained (which is likely to be a month period anyway) and right now is not the best time for this to be happening.

On a random note, you're all going to hate the updated registration system going by this topic. ;)

Yup i will definitely hate the reg update especially if its going to make registration easier for people and the staff is seriously not going to train or hire any GM's to help with the load of botters that come with all the noobs.If this Registration update is like i assume going to make it easier for people to make an account I feel right now would be the best time for staff to train someone for the influx of new players. But i also feel that my opinion does not matter anyway.

Dovee

Youngster
I think another reason people feel GMs dont ban enough botters is because of the CW section.
I banned 20+ botters today and there was i think only 1 of those that was in CW

psychosamm

Youngster
Dovee said:
I think another reason people feel GMs dont ban enough botters is because of the CW section.
I banned 20+ botters today and there was i think only 1 of those that was in CW
I think a lot of it is the fact that you guys don't reply to the CW posts for days sometimes, and that gives a sense of low activity, when you may not necessarily be inactive, especially some of the scam cases take a while for a reply i've noticed.

BRGodEastwood

Youngster
Banned
matileo19 said:
Ramensnoodle said:
To bad Bis isnt as active anymore, loved that he did in a few hours what it seems the other gms get done in a week last time he was on.

Being a GM is not all about banning accounts. If I were a Head Admin and I had to choose between Dovee/mad/Choco/stank/etc and Bis, I would choose any exept Bis, to be honest and comparing what I saw from each one. Don't take it bad Bis, I like you, but your attitude has changed, I don't know what's wrong with you, saying things like ''the ban hammer has taked action, the ban hammer is here, the ban hammer never sleeps'' lol looks like if a child of 10 years old were in your account acting as such, come on, you should act respectfull and give an example to the community.
Getting back to what I was saying: Being a GM is not all about banning accounts and I know better than any player that they're working all the time (No, im not a bootlicker and some of the staff members know it....I said SORRY to Dovee lots of times, sorry xD). If we don't see what they do, doesn't mean that they are doing nothing, if you think like that then you're wrong.
If its not all about banning accounts, then what else is there? The GM group is simply a moderation group now. I'm not going to sugar coat it, I'm not here to hold anybodies hand through the gameplay anymore, I'm a head hunter whose main purpose is to keep the game clean. I've been staff since 2009, and I have over 4k bans under my belt. For a good while, I felt like I was a machine than an actual person, since every day it was the same hunt and generic response. I was going out of my mind, because for a good while I was the only active GM (overworking myself + college is part of the reason im inactive now. Plus the fact many people constantly criticized me for either banning too much, or the uninformed claiming i dont do anything like sarks.) So I decided to become more human, and make remarks in community watch to entertain myself and the community.

If me making a few ban hammer jokes only during this month for like 2 weeks tops makes you choose any GM except me, then I honestly dont care about your irrelevant opinion and would not want to work for a head admin who discredits one of the most hardworking GM's in the past 3 years moderation wise. For all I know you're probably mad i banned your friend MichaelLeroi. I will not be respectful to a bunch of people who like to cheat on games then lie and cry when they get caught. If you dont like that, then cry me a river.

So what if I cracked a few jokes? I do it to give people something to talk about. Just because im trying to raise the spirits of the community thats been ravaged by botters in my absence, means I'm a bad GM then so be it. I dont really care. Its not my job to care about how you feel about me. I know what I've brought to this community and project, and I'm glad to see some appreciation shown towards me for once in this thread. While you were all out battling and hunting, I spent hours upon mind numbing hours being a machine and cracking down on cheaters. What did that get me? grief from most of you all, and grief from certain staff members. Now you're all here complaining about the lack of punishment towards botters and etc.

Like I said, all your hate seems to be coming from your friend michaelerois ban appeal. Thats cool man, I understand. But dont sit here and say that what I've done for this community isnt more than what stank choco or dove has done. Sure they may be nicer about it (stanks a real maybe with the "no's") but nice doesnt get you anywhere.

Anyways I rather be a hard working true to my role staff member, and a complete ******* who nobody in the community likes, than some suck up kiss *** who doesnt do anything around here like certain people.

I wont ever be corrupt, and I've put in a lot of man hours into this game. If you want to persecute me because I crack jokes and make light of the garbage I get rid of, so be it. Your opinion is irrelevant to me. I was a one man GM crew for most of the beginning of my tenor, basically doing more work than 3 GM's in one, dealing with cheaters, scammers, and a group of players constantly complaining about me and trying to get me demoted. When you go through that, then you can lay your irrelevant opinion on me.

Anyways as a PS since I wont be responding in here after this, I do believe we need more than 4 GM's as well. I left for inactivity thinking 3 gms would be able to keep on pace with what i was doing, but everyone else succumbed to inactivity as well. Hell, if theres anyone worth trusting that the staff finds, ill come out of inactivity and train you myself. ( But god forbid you pick up my mannerisms, there doesnt need to be 2 Bis's. Not enough hate to go around.)

matileo19

Youngster
Website
imanub.com.nub
Bis_Eastwood said:

I don't really care about what happened with Michael, you should not repeat that name or justify my comment because you're 100 % wrong Canibus. I'm just being honest, if being honest means to be a bootlicker then don't count me. You were just the PERFECT example for these that were saying that banning accounts means everything. I know that you did a good job, don't forget who was the guy that promoted and trusted you in the past because you were gold in a mine of fools... and I didn't say that you were not doing a good job. I simply said the bad things with some hopes of seeing you thinking about it to correct it instead being angry to start a war against me or whoever said something else about my comment... that's what I am talking about, you have too much power now, you are not the same or thats what I feel. And the jokes, im still against the jokes, for the simple fact that you should give an example, and the community watch is not a good place to make jokes or laugh, some people takes a bann very serious and with that actitude they would get stressed, just think about it. When michael got banned you told me '' Oh hi mati, I just banned your friend'' wtf does that mean or what kind of answer were you trying to get from me ? Im glad to see lots of banned accounts and I know that you worked hard to catch every botter around, but no one is perfect. Sorry* if I said something that hurts you (Im not being sarcastic) but you should think about it instead being angry man. Keep up the good work, after all; who am I to correct you? ;) peace...

EDIT¨* Dea7h, yeah... you're right, you just made a good point there.

Status
Not open for further replies.