Short Meltdown of my suggestions

Hyruleplayer1992

Disclaimer: I have not read every single suggestions thread, so sorry if I double post anything.

a) Adding an EXP share option (for members)
Just add an option to turn on the Red/Blue EXP Share system, there every Pokemon in the Party gets the same amount of EXP. Either make it a command, if it's membership based, or an actual option in the Trainer menu, if it isn't.

b) Increase HR chance (slightly) for Members/buyable with Tokens
Just a little idea I had, this can get extremely abused, if the risen chance is much higher than the non-membership one.

c) Disable Trade-Channel
Not for everyone, but for everyone below 5 badges. There are many players trying to buy and sell Pokemon before even getting to the point in the game.

d) Automated Country detection
This could be used for putting players into a respective assigned channel, where people speaking the same language are in. You should be able to turn this off in the options menu.

e) Reduce the time between gym fights
No, I don't mean the normal thing everyone says. What I'm talking about is a fee, Badge number x 20-50k Pokedollars, which would set the rematch timer to 6 instead of 24 hours. This could still be highly abused, but people would actually think about investing this kind of money for a quicker rematch, if they think they can beat the gym leader next time. (just putting the fact here, rebattling the 16th gym would cost up to 800k, if you want to do it faster)

f) Overall rebattling fee for gym leaders
50k, gym leader has a full (level 50?) team of the Pokemon type he'd normally have. Good for training and testing teams, and giving a bit more of content, as you can train a little there. Would still suggest a 24 hours countdown for this.

Adding to e) and f): Maybe, have a guy in the Pokecenter giving you this service in the same town as the gym.

Sooo, what do you guys think? The letters are not there for nothing, just add that in front of your opinions, and everybody knows, what you are talking about :))

Hyruleplayer1992

Dunno, though I have the feeling, that I can more likely meet 3 shinies in a row than 1 HR, I would possibly think of setting the HR rate at a little less common rate than a Shiny. If that feeling is wrong, sry, but I kinda feel that way. (Tried to catch Lapras, caught 2 Shinies instead)

Quick Edit: Didn't take into account that I had MS, but anyway, shinies seem to be more common than VRs for me

Merse

Youngster
That means the shiny chance should be reduced and not the HR chance increased...

Hyruleplayer1992

Well, I kind of see it as a counterthing for buying membership/higher HR chance... Especially if higher Shiny rate gets kicked out, this might be a thing. And that makes it worth trying out. I guess, the staff can try it out, maybe run some testsessions on a slightly increased HR chance..... It was just a suggestion though, and I said, it could be a little bit abused, but still a thing I personally would rather buy membership for than higher Shiny rate.

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
a) Adding an EXP share option (for members)
Just add an option to turn on the Red/Blue EXP Share system, there every Pokemon in the Party gets the same amount of EXP. Either make it a command, if it's membership based, or an actual option in the Trainer menu, if it isn't.
Exp share system has recently been raised up within Staff and will be looked over in the next few weeks.

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
I think members already get increased shiny chance and increasing HR catch rate for members only would be significantly widening the gap between members and non members. I personally think HR rate should be increased so everyone has a better chance of finding them. My son is busy looking for a dratini without membership and has so far spent 165 hours in the water lab and caught 4 shiny tentacool and one shiny slowpoke without seeing a dratini yet. Dratini is supposed to be the hardest shiny to catch and therefore an extreme example but the point still stands.

Kaneda

Think HR chances should be bumped up slightly across the board. It's part of the game and I've come to accept it, but such a large chunk of my time is spent in swatches searching for one specific Pokemon. I've probably spent north 150-200 hours searching for Snorlax, with no such luck. (Perhaps Snorlax is harder than normal, and is that way for a reason. I don't know. Just a thought.)

As for the general topic, I enjoy the idea behind f). Battling leaders is always a fun activity and it's a shame you're only able to fight them once. Maybe not every 24 hours, but perhaps a monthly rebattle. Anything that allows us to fight the best NPCs in the game once more.

c) and d) are good suggestions that should probably be implemented in the long run, but should certainly be on the backburner for now. There are more important issues to take care of, but I think this should be kept in mind for the future. Anything to avoid clutter on the chat channel.

Merse

Youngster
But what would you do if every Pokemon could be caught on 20 hours? Not to mention that even S HRs would lose their values then...

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
Merse said:
But what would you do if every Pokemon could be caught on 20 hours? Not to mention that even S HRs would lose their values then...

I didn't hear anyone say or infer it should be reduced by such an amount. The words 'a better chance of finding them' and 'bumped up slightly' were used. Personally I wouldn't be sad to see 100+ hour HR hunts be a thing of the past, but certainly up to 100 would still be fair game in my opinion. Maybe even one like dratini still having a good chance of taking over 100 hours to find.

Chocobo7

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
To be honest, I don't see the point of c, every channel (apart from guild global) is optional and a player can exit it at any time and the client will remember which channel you leave.

Hyruleplayer1992

The point of C is, that too many players actually ask for trades or sell stuff even if they can't. It would prevent new players from accessing a feature they can't use in the beginning.

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
It's not really a big deal to let them know what they need to do to qualify for trade and doesn't interrupt the other Trade chat much at all that I've seen.

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
Hyruleplayer1992 said:
Just add an option to turn on the Red/Blue EXP Share system
I was going to point out that the Red/Blue item was actually Exp. ALL, but as the two items have the exact same name in the original Japanese games and I found out recently the TCG has ruled Exp. ALL and Exp. Share are considered the same card, it seems a very pedantic point to make.

Personally, I dislike the idea of giving EXP to Pokémon that did not actually participate in the battle. If Exp. Share or Exp. ALL get implemented, I would rather see them as hold item triggers (though this would mean we'd have to implement Item Holding first...)

Hyruleplayer1992

Jinji said:
Hyruleplayer1992 said:
Just add an option to turn on the Red/Blue EXP Share system
I was going to point out that the Red/Blue item was actually Exp. ALL, but as the two items have the exact same name in the original Japanese games and I found out recently the TCG has ruled Exp. ALL and Exp. Share are considered the same card, it seems a very pedantic point to make.

Oh, I didn't even know they had different names in the English version, both have the same name in German.... Sorry if that made anyone misunderstand my suggestion. Well, I think, even if you make it only for held items, it would still not require the Pokemon with the item to participate in the battle.