Shiny uncatchable

Sasori

Hello there ~

Little question..

When a pokémon UC is buying, the percentage shiney it is the same ? (With membership for example, it's 1/2000 ~)

Thank you,
Sasori

M

Mist

I asked Lee about this when the token store got revamped, and when it was redone, the chance was 0. However I do believe we discussed implementing this into the token store at a flat % ( not variable with membership). Only Lee would know atm.

jboysr05

Mist said:
I asked Lee about this when the token store got revamped, and when it was redone, the chance was 0. However I do believe we discussed implementing this into the token store at a flat % ( not variable with membership). Only Lee would know atm.

I dont think it should be a flat %, but I think the % should be based on certain things.  Like battle potential for one.  Like, per say, slakoth.  Would you really want this thing the same percentage as say a cascoon?  Maybe I should put a suggestion up, but what im thinking is the better the battler, the smaller the chance to get a shiny form.  Make slakoth and all other very good battlers about as easy to get shiny as a s hr. 

M

Mist

when I say a flat rate, we're talking something like 1/ 14000, something higher than the average rate. Also, there is no difference in the shiny rate of "battlers" in-game, why would we discriminate that in the token store.

Sasori

I see..
But, the percentage is 1/8000 or more ?

Thank you,
Sasori

jboysr05

Mist said:
when I say a flat rate, we're talking something like 1/ 14000, something higher than the average rate. Also, there is no difference in the shiny rate of "battlers" in-game, why would we discriminate that in the token store.

I see your point, but how many shiny commons(which are the only shinies that chances are lower than 1/14000 to get, least to my knowledge) have the fire power of a shiny slaking?

risefromruins

Youngster
Sasori said:
I see..
But, the percentage is 1/8000 or more ?

Thank you,
Sasori

You seem to be missing the point.  It is IMPOSSIBLE to get a shiny uncatchable right now.  It is possibly going to be implemented in the future but there is no telling when/if that will happen.

D

dracoattacker

What about shiyn starters? ;) And Pokemon that were able to be captured in events?

supriz

Youngster
I saw someone with (S)charizard and hes not a staff...
just a simple member like us(forgot the players name)
can u tell me hows that possible...
how can a starter/UC is shiny?

Pez~

Shiny starters are possible to get, they occur at the normal shiny rate I believe. When you pick your starter there is a chance it will be shiny.

supriz

Youngster
AdamWest said:
Shiny starters are possible to get, they occur at the normal shiny rate I believe. When you pick your starter there is a chance it will be shiny.
dont't we hav to encounter certain numbers of pokemon before we get a shiny..
so how does someone gets a (S)starter just at the begin itself?

LittleRed

Nope. You can get a shiny even if it's a starter. Getting a shiny starter is like finding a wild shiny. So you would have equal chances even if a shiny is your first pokemon you own.

Carolyn

supriz said:
AdamWest said:
... When someone states rarity of a Pokemon as 1/8000 or anything. That does not mean you need to encounter 8000 Pokemon to find it. Like all Pokemon, when you a pick a starter, there is a chance that the Pokemon will be shiny. Just like with any other Pokemon encounter while in-game there is a chance of the Pokemon being shiny.

Again... While in-game there is always the chance of a Pokemon you encounter being shiny. (Except for NPC trainers of course.)

jboysr05

supriz said:
AdamWest said:

Incorrect.  Think of finding a shiny like a dice roll.  Gonna use a 6 sided die as an example.  1in6 correct.  Just because it has 6 sides, doesnt mean its gonna take 6 rolls to get a 6.  With 6 rolls, sometimes you will get 3 6s, sometimes you wont get any, sometimes you will only get 1.  Its all chance.  Same thing applys to shiny pokemon.  Matter of fact, same thing applies to all pokemon.  Just because its rare, vr, or hr, doesnt mean it takes so many pokemon till you catch one.