Shinies

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
I think this is a matter of not being able to satisfy all the people all the time. Before, very few shinies were coming out of the token store and after feedback was given this was changed and now a steady stream of shinies are coming out of the store. The shinies though aren't automatically great battlers, and if they make the people lucky enough to get them a bit happier in the game and/or a bit richer, what's the problem there? Really uber shiny UCs are still going to be pretty rare picks out of the 500 or so likely to come out of the store every year, so I think this solution is making more people happy without unbalancing the game too much.

Jacollo

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't UC shiny's IV calculated the same way as any non-shiny pokemon in this game? If so, then all shiny UC are good for is to show off and rub it into someone's face that fact of having a shiny UC. If you ask me, that's no big deal...

Saric

Youngster
Jacollo said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't UC shiny's IV calculated the same way as any non-shiny pokemon in this game? If so, then all shiny UC are good for is to show off and rub it into someone's face that fact of having a shiny UC. If you ask me, that's no big deal...
All shiny UCs gotten from the token store have a minimum of 15 in an IV.
It's not the same, but it isnt much better either.
However, battle worth isn't the only deciding factor in worth. In many cases, even if it doesnt have overly good IVs, you can sell it for a huge profit just off of rarity.
Which can be a bit of an issue seeing as how a relatively new player can easily get hundreds of millions just by shelling out enough cash.

Peace-Enforcer

I am a collector as well with 2k+ hrs in game.
To b hones I don't see (S)UCs as big of a deal considering there stats...
Only problem is that there price is far too high for something that can be obtained by real money. Which has huge effects on economy as was previously stated. Players with only a few hrs have (S)UC which is worth hundreds of millions. But i do understand that there price will balance out eventually. Just hope that this blow to the economy wont have lasting effects...

Merse

Youngster
Isn't your storage is limited to a few hundred Pokes by any chance? :p

Peace-Enforcer

Merse said:
Isn't your storage is limited to a few hundred Pokes by any chance? :p

If it is its 1st i heard of it. But if it is, I believe its more than enough since i know few players with around 400 pokes in there PCs. Basically its enough to have all EPIC per evo tree and all (S) per evo tree. So if it is limited IMO its enough.

Note: u can make alts for storage as long as its not just for profit from getting starters, altho no one does that any more since there price is relatively low...

zorlake1

Yes it is. As much as i'd love to have a shiny breloom I refuse to take chances getting a shiny UC. Most UC's are kind of strong, when they are a shiny they are even stronger. A shiny metagross? I wouldn't want to fight that! Yeah, i don't like the idea of it.

king1234

Youngster
zorlake1 said:
Yes it is. As much as i'd love to have a shiny breloom I refuse to take chances getting a shiny UC. Most UC's are kind of strong, when they are a shiny they are even stronger. A shiny metagross? I wouldn't want to fight that! Yeah, i don't like the idea of it.

Umm i think youre misunderstand a shiny, Its just a different color, with a range of 15-31 stats, most of the time its range in 20 ivs. You can get normal pokes better than that.

zorlake1

king1234 said:
zorlake1 said:

Umm i think youre misunderstand a shiny, Its just a different color, with a range of 15-31 stats, most of the time its range in 20 ivs. You can get normal pokes better than that.
In that way you put it, It may not be a HUGE problem. Now that i think of it I believe no problems should arise. It's nice to have shiny's. But i don't really like paying 2 extra tokens for a "Chance" for a shiny. I rather get a normal pokemon.

king1234

Youngster
zorlake1 said:
king1234 said:
zorlake1 said:

In that way you put it, It may not be a HUGE problem. Now that i think of it I believe no problems should arise. It's nice to have shiny's. But i don't really like paying 2 extra tokens for a "Chance" for a shiny. I rather get a normal pokemon.

Shiny ucs are mainly good for trophies, some people who got lucky have the ones with good stats use them in battle and thats a rare set of pokes, Most of the S ucs arnt really used in competitive battles.