Shinies

Nikola

Youngster
-People got carried away. Most of them are giving their last just to have shiny mini garden. Personally I would newer trade non shiny Pokémon having awesome stat set for a shiny UC having mixed up stats and yet speed is not max. From other side some of those shiny UCs might be Pokémon one trainer is dreaming about and that is totally other thing. It gives them short run satisfaction since they are collectors. I even sold bad stat Salamence for 360 tokens just to get 2 months of MS.

-For now shiny UCs are not problem for me since 90% of them are not dominating on a battle scene. It might look deceiving but they are not even dominating on market so much. Either you can't afford or you don't want it. Seller is forced to drop their price since they need progress further into the game. They want "epic" team of a 6 Pokémon and they are more limited then a UCs. Once you trade away your best Pokémon chances are, that you are not getting same or better one anytime soon.

-For me Pokémon meant for battles means everything. Nothing hurts more when non shiny Pokémon is dominating upon same shiny Pokémon aye?
Nothing bad came out of all this. Probably term "shiny" is slowly fading away but I am sure people can use stat calculator to sort competitive and non competitive shiny Pokémon.

Boora

Youngster
i do think that the S uc's caused the other shinys to be less valuable, for example (S)octiliry should've been at least 800m
and now it wont even sell for 500
The game lost the appeal of "just one in-game" cause everyday there's a new "just one in-game shiny"
and that's just one example, my main point is that people can spend cash and get rich (yes, they always could, but not on this scale)
when other people cant Even when they catch something good,
i know of a guy that got 6 (S)uc's within 500tokens +- and before that he couldn't even afford a (S)vr
so i do think its a bit unfair, in every game paying members has an advantage, that's true. but not on this scale
when people said they want to increase chances, they meant 1-2 hell even 5 a month +- , not 20 a week.
i mean it got to a point when someone with 5 hours playtime walks around with s snorlax, and another with 7 hours playtime with s dragonair ,
and another that use to sell Commons in his store (yes commons) has 3-4 (S)ucs , i dont mean to offend anyone and its not being jealous
its just a bit of fairness, that's it
there should be a balance between tons of hours of hard work and people gettng s uc's
i know someone with over 3k hours that never got s vr , and like i said someone with 5hours that walks around with s lax.
there's no balance, cause he can just sell the s lax for example and buy all the battlers around.
so hard work means nothing now in my opinion at least.

EcoWOLFrb

Youngster
look at it this way Boora, players that are new and get S UC's soon won't be able to sell them for much. It'll be the same thing as a new player finding a S Growlithe, except they spent their own money to do so. Currently I'm focusing more on buying in game shinies because I know they will be more valuable than S UC's, and I know a lot of other people doing so as well. This decrease of players looking for S UC's will cause sellers of S UC's to get desperate and continually lower the price. When that happens I will simply trade my in game shinies for S UC's. It's the same thing as an event pokemon, I remember S Mamo selling for 25-40m in the first day of the winter event, and Froslass going for 10-15m with average stats. Fast forward to today and you'll see S Hirayama selling for MUCH less than when it was first made rare, this is the natural development of any economy. We're through the worst of the S UC's phase, now it's becoming much better for everyone, except those who have, or plan to buy S UC's with intent to sell of course.

Boora

Youngster
if only it was true eco, let me put it this way so you'll understand my point of view how much do you think (S)kabutops would've been if it was caught ? and yet now it has an instant of 375m, yeah its from the tss but i picked kabuto for a reason, he isn't much of a battler so stats aren't so critical as long as its more then 15, and not just that, its all the current hr's, yeah i do agree that a caught one is more obviously, but the price of it went down, a lot , collectors would rather buy the tss one and not the caught one and that means that even tho someone finally caught the "X" (S)hr , its worth is cut by at least half if not more, now about Uc's i have to agree with you for the most part, these are some good points i didn't really think about.

EcoWOLFrb

Youngster
true, the price of S HR in game shinies might not be as obsurd as they were before (I don't think in game S Kabuto would've been more than 1b) where as now you might get 600-800m for it. But in reality, isn't that enough? I mean it's double the price of a S VR for sure, so I wouldn't really mind that. However I do respect your opinion on the matter, and appreciate the feedback as I think this is a topic that needs to be thoroughly discussed.

Boora

Youngster
EcoWOLFrb said:
true, the price of S HR in game shinies might not be as obsurd as they were before (I don't think in game S Kabuto would've been more than 1b) where as now you might get 600-800m for it. But in reality, isn't that enough? I mean it's double the price of a S VR for sure, so I wouldn't really mind that. However I do respect your opinion on the matter, and appreciate the feedback as I think this is a topic that needs to be thoroughly discussed.
Thanks, and i do appreciate your feedback aswell, just one thing you forgot to mention, yes 600-800 is more then enough, but like i said, would you buy a s kabuto for 800m or for 350m , i iknow i'd take the 350 and wont think twice, not gonna use it in battle anyway so why spend 800m on 28-31ivs, and here's the problem, if there was no tss (for hr's anyway) you'll be forced to buy the 28-31.

EcoWOLFrb

Youngster
haha true, I would prefer to buy the token store shiny in that case, but it also goes the other way around, for battlers I'd prefer to buy the in game shinies, and would pay MUCH more. Mixed with the fact that in game shinies of HR's are VERY rare, it would very seldom have any impact, probably just a couple times a year. Not only that, but people probably wouldn't hunt something like a Shiny Kabuto unless they wanted it for themselves. If someone wanted to hunt a shiny for profit, they'd probably got to the Dragons Den, the cave with lappy and staryu, or Mt. Silver.

TomG

I have gotten some luck with pokes I didn't initially want to keep or expect to get, however I have bought around 50 Zangooses with S Chance and not gotten a single one... the chance is just fine to be honest. As for prices 15+ ivs cant compare to S HR/VR pokes with 28+, its what they are that adds the price e.g: S Char

Puar

Youngster
knuckles002 said:
All im saying is S chance isnt to high ive spent over 200+ toke s since it started and nothing

I have spent about 150 on token store pokes as well with no luck.

subera

I am finding, though I rarely jump on anymore partly because of this, that players are localising their entire game time itto negotiating for, or trading UC, almost every deal I see across trade channel is relating to UC, people selling multiples at once. and as people have said, parading them in front of everyone. I always feel I should grab my meta and parade it in front of them and just say "all 28+iv :p" just so they know it's nothing special.

with the percentage at a rather high rate, and with the appearance of so many, I find they are albeit incredibly overpriced when sold in game, if you look at the sales cost of the same all 28+iv non-shiny poke, would it make the same price range? No. I hope it does die down soon, cos it's enough to stop me from playing when I'm plagued by people with too many questions, and complaining about how unfair it is, it's not like any game time is devoted to getting them.

Merse

Youngster
Like everything in PWO this is about only luck. I know a guy who had 6 tokens and got a shiny something. Some players spent hundreds of tokens and got only non-shinys. Me on the other hand, I spent a lot of tokens and I got only epic fail Pokemon :D

Shadow_shiny

Banned
This is truly up to luck I got 140 tokens first go shiny 16 token poke and nothing for the rest only fail pokes.

patONER

I think the stats of TTS pokes balances out the fact that a lot are being, and will continue to be released.

It provides collectors/fans of particular pokes a means to attain them, as well as spicing things up a bit.

Overall i think the positive influence, outweighs the negative. :)

The-Predator

Youngster
shiny chance in token store is balanced this is the way it shoulda be from be the start tho, i dont want to sound rude but i think those players talking about lot of shinies UCs around and PWO is all about money they are just jealous, im not a donator and i do feel envy (good envy) watching other new players having these shiny UCs but as marked before lot of donators have spent their money in their donations (some of em succes getting S UC some of em dont, so the shiny chance rate seems to be working well) its ok after all they deserve something cuz they support the game wich we all r playing and that we (not donators) enjoy as well without spent a single dollar besides the IVs are not that good and with all these S ucs in-game maybe in a near future we all could have one at least :p

Merse

Youngster
Ok, I'm changing my mind. I am farming down the XP from NPCs so I'm wandering around. Today I saw 9 S UCs jsut by randomly meeting with people on the road. In fact, I think I saw more S UCs today than any other shinys wollowing other players. There are too many S UCs now I think.

Puar

Youngster
I think you saw so many for a few reasons
~Battlers dont normally trail their pokemon behind them
~if they did they probably would be an uber rather than a shiny because ubers are often better than shinies
~if they are hunting they would probably be on a bike
~unless they are in a cave (were you traveling in caves?)
~if someone has a Shiny UC they want everyone to know it

Fionavara

Bluerise said:
So just to quote:

not as fun anymore with all these (S) uc's / all bout money now and stuff. just ruins the hunt for me
To me, this basically signals off one thing - that this player believes too many Shiny UCs are ingame. Of course this is potentially a misunderstanding so lets bring some numbers into play.

Last week: 15
Week before: 6
Week before: 16
Week before: 9

Basically do you believe the number of Shiny UCs ingame is an issue and why?

SOunds like you been quoting me tehre Blue. haha I'm flattered!
But seriously, Yes I do think so...why? beacuse u post those number per WEEK!!! so say average s ucs from the shop is 10 a week...10*52 is 520 a year... that is a lot to me considering during the time I played the shiny HR's and Uc's been as epic as legendarys..actually they have been this games legendarys.
I don't really care much anymore since it's just vanity from my own side to want to be the best collector in the game since I have no intrest in being the best battler and there isn't much else to shoot for.
I was stating a personal oppinion when I said the fun isn't there anymore, I have spent so much time trying to become the best collector, and now who gives a darn about hunting, just get some tokens a and get whatever you want from there.... to me that put in so much time and effort...it's a bit hurtful seeing my dream cruched like this.
Who cares if u caught it in the wild or the shop, u having it is the important thing...personally that makes me depressed.
I got myself a shiny swablu two days ago and going to keep trying for my dream green totodile, and I understand why you guy added this option, to make dreams come true.
It's great, and you get tons of cash from it so it benefits the game, but my comment was personal annoyance that it just isn't as fun hunting and trying to get those epic legendary VRs and HRs anymore. Cus even if I do find my very first s hr one day, who cares..they newest player can just spend some cash and get it in the shop...

HeavyPetter

I totally agree with the above post by Fionavara. Couldn't have put it better myself.

It is a bit of a slap in the face towards players who have actually put in lots of time trying to obtain what was before the most sought-after and valuable things available. Now more valuable things have been added that can ONLY be obtained by throwing in lots money, which really doesn't require an effort at all. As a result, the most successful players are not the ones who put in the biggest effort, but those who put in the most money. Is that what we want?