Sharing IP Addresses with Siblings

Buggot

I have read mendesvictor's topic, and it is the same situation with me and my siblings. we used to share one account, and I knew the risks of such. Now I have made my sibling his/her own account, and we frequently play together or different computers, but on the same IP. I just also wanna make sure. :))
Should this be its own topic?

pieoffury

First of all, sharing accounts is against the rules.

Secondly, having the same IP address doesn't always mean you'll get banned. I've played with my sibling from 2008-2009 and neither of us had problems. Not entirely sure how they would look at it these days though but I'm sure they have ways to find out if 2 or more users are one and the same person on the same IP or not.

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
No you didn't need to make your own post, as I told mendes there is no need to notify us that you have more than one person using the same IP.

However as has been said you cannot create or share accounts with another person. Your accounts need to be separate, not sharing email accounts or sharing passwords.

The rules are quite clear on this subject:

2. Only the person who registered the account can access the account. This means you may not share accounts, register an account for another person or share a common email.

http://www.pokemon-world-online.net/rules.php