Sending vs. Accepting Battle Requests

420SpiritGun

As a frequent battler I must say words can't describe how disappointed I was to learn that so many of my battle actually came down to who sent the battle request... and to see so many people knowing about this for so long also makes me sad.

edit: all my important matches in tournaments lately are coming down to who sent the request its kinda ridiculous.

ch3ck3rmb

i agree hof too
i battle much at the moment and it will more interesting if it will be a random choose.

MastaSkittleZ

Banned
Kaneda said:
mad30 said:
If a battle is decided purely by who sends vs accepts then there's other areas we should be focusing on as well...

+1

I agree alot of balancing has to be made, but that may take some time.. While a change in the who hits first would be a temperary fix that would make battling more enjoyable in the meantime. Also... rise, gms can talk to editors.

HeavyPetter

The idea of applying both attacks simultaneously (suggested by sagarpatel) seems even better than to pick randomly in my opinion. This would also make it possible to have draws in battle, which is something that must be implemented sooner or later anyways when moves like selfdestruct are fixed.

HeavyPetter

Tecknician said:
In the handhelds they were picked at random.

Yeah, but why should we settle with being as good as the handhelds when we can be better? Reach for the stars! :)

Tecknician

HeavyPetter said:
Reach for the stars! :)

Why reach for something that is unobtainable, or at least not easily; when you can reach for the cookie right next to you and be rewarded for your efforts?

HeavyPetter

Tecknician said:
HeavyPetter said:
Reach for the stars! :)

Why reach for something that is unobtainable, or at least not easily; when you can reach for the cookie right next to you and be rewarded for your efforts?

Haha, fair enough :p

sagarpatel740

Website
www.facebook.com
hmmmmm////
i have got 2 option...
1) if both are max spd then .... both attk each other simultaneously seee .... (but here there is a problem that .... if both person have last poke drago .. then the match will be drawn ..... :()
2) this is little funnier .. or since battles generally depends on luck ... so why not sending or accepting battles request also depend on luck ....
when ever u send some one battle request then there must be a pop out messeage that heads or tails ...(heads stands for .... if both person has same spd pokes then u will have the first chance to attk .... and tails stand for .... if both the person have same spd pokes then the opponent has the first chance to attk ) now .. if the person select heads ... and tails comes as the result then he wont get the chance to attk first ..but if he select heads and heads comes as the reault then he will have the first chance to attk :)

CheckeredZebra

Youngster
Quick note, if selfdestruct was used and KO'd both people's final pokemon...the one that used SelfDestruct was the one that lost. There were, as far as I am aware, never draws in Pokemon Battles.

Mega.S

If both pokemons have same speed is not possibal use a random processe like in confusion?

Tecknician

When pokes have the same speed, the pokemon that goes first should now be chosen at random. This happens for every turn.

HOF69

Thanks Teck! I'm sure this will provide a major boost to the battling community.