Save PWO Campaign! (Suggestions)

TheConqueror

Hello Fellow Players,

This is "TheConqueror" aka "Alan Antony". So today, ive decided to come up with a reallly important topic (not really for some ppl)
and for others yes. Whats the motive for creating this thread? You all know, PWO is dieing because of varies reasons. Well, the law of games is that players will come and quit, i know that, but i see TONS of people quitting per week. Who gave me permission to organize such a campaign and create this thread? No one, Im just a well wisher and a great fan of this game. I just care for this game. What do you guys do in this thread? Nothing, just simply type the COMMON reasons why people are quitting and suggest a way to curb that reason. How can this thread help? Obviously, staff can understand the reasons why the people are qutting, these reasons and suggestions that might help them to understand people and work on it to make the game playable according to peoples wish. Don't be afraid, just let us know what you think that might help the game to be more fun etc. The more suggestions and reasons, the better. Seriously, im afraid that if the game continues like this, the game will be dead by the end of March. The count of people playing this game is reducing at a very high rate. Please, let me know what you feel and maybe we can save this game FROM Extinction.

regards,
Alan.

I.Am

Idk. Maybe more advertising i guess. But before that they need to fix everything or just give this whole damn company/online game to who someone more committed and have time to handle/update this game more often. Simple.

TheConqueror

lel, the second point is much better, handover the project to someone else who is much committed, exactly, this is what PWO needs.
For example, if we find a committed person for taking up this project, we'd get enough of updates which can keep people stay, seems like the current people have lost interest in the project and has left it for dead. For thr first point, it would WASTE of money for advertising a non-updated game, itd attract players, but when they came to know that this game is totally bugged, the players exiting will be more.

Thanks for reply and showing your concern.

ArcticSun

Youngster
Staff have been very busy behind the scenes over the past month and a bit.

The fruitions of all their efforts should be released soon to all.

Alexei

ArcticSun said:

You will still have same people in the staff so don't expect any hype anytime soon. I feel sorry for your efforts if they go to waste though. Maybe all will be well maybe not, time will tell, not on us to decide :D

ArcticSun

Youngster
Alexei said:
ArcticSun said:

You will still have same people in the staff so don't expect any hype anytime soon. I feel sorry for your efforts if they go to waste though. Maybe all will be well maybe not, time will tell, not on us to decide :D

Staff testing has been rather rigorous with the updates and features being added. We've had a lot of experience of it in the past and know that new features = new bugs.

Hopefully we can have a smooth release when the time comes.
pZvD7Vb.png

justme1306

Youngster
why waiting years to show new content and huge updates??? why not doing small updates and small content but more often? like hoenn i heard its ready but testing. thats many month ago.why dont add more pokemons in spawns? so we can try to complete our pokedex and have some goals in game?? im bored now and like many others players im watching for other games. i dont wanna be mean but the reality is when complete all gyms and all quest the game is boring. need new content or new areas and new pokes to look for.i know there is 2 map contest and everything but we had some before and we get new areas for a week end event only.

Pretentious

Just a quick list:

jFCdCAW.png
j8rucJe.png

If you're not actively seeking continuous improvement, then you'll live in mediocrity forever.

TheConqueror

nice, i see updates coming up, i hope it releases soon before the game dies, otherwise, all the efforts has gone in vain.

KRH3R0

Well this is KRH3R0..

The most common reason for many people leaving the game is :-

DELAYED INTRODUCTION OF NEW REGIONS.
I am a very old player and in that time, I was said that Hoenn would come in half a year or so... But I joined again after 1 and a half years and there is no other region. I would like mappers and scripters to look into it and recruit some new mappers from the Activity club of Mapping where many are eager to become mappers:-
http://forum.pokemon-world-online.net/viewforum.php?f=17

So, Alan, this was my view towards the game. I too love this game and expect more from the game.

Thanks.

TheConqueror

Point Noted. Everylone loves PWO, no one hates it unless its personal. Hoen is like a myth lel, its gonna be released after few decades with this spd of wrk. Mappers arent enough, u need scripters too. They need to script it tooo esp properly...otherwise bugs everywhere.

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
TheConqueror said:
Point Noted. Everylone loves PWO, no one hates it unless its personal. Hoen is like a myth lel, its gonna be released after few decades with this spd of wrk. Mappers arent enough, u need scripters too. They need to script it tooo esp properly...otherwise bugs everywhere.

Hardly decades, and it's not like waiting for Hoenn is something new in PWO. When I first started playing the big thing was 'when are the johto gyms coming?'. This went on for some time, but issues were eventually overcome and they were added in. Hoenn is a bigger project than the Johto gyms, nobody can question that. So the wait given PWOs history and the restrictions we work under is not unusual. For those who have been around the game long enough we also know that waiting eventually does pay off.

Fadoka

Jr. Trainer
Best friends leaving , old memories dying ... I was told and taught that a broken vase can never be fixed correctly ever again and now updates are going to be released? It's a funny fact that builders are decorating some coffins after their tower fell and burned to the ground.

GawertyXL

It's hardly new what we are experiencing now, When I first joined there was nothing really different except for a few areas unexplorable because they weren't made, and of course there where tons of improvements over the years. The progress has been slow for a while but with time we may, or may not see an improvement, that's always been the case with PWO. At least most of you newlings didn't experience the game being completely offline for about two months, or even the Zidonuke incident, which while I may not have had an account then, I knew about.

All this is, is the waiting game. Waiting pays off in most scenarios, so I imagine we will see some nice updates if we look at the screenshot that Artic posted, Hype for new client 2015!

I think what PWO needs to see for better production and development is more open-minded attitudes to change. What we see today can't remain if you want faster updates.

TheConqueror

I agree to the point of being patient, but there is a limit for everything, the ppl lost their paatience and they are mad now, seems like we are lacking a leader, which is delaying half of the things, otherwise we cud have seen some updates. Well, better late than never.

The-Predator

Youngster
ArcticSun said:
Alexei said:
ArcticSun said:

Staff testing has been rather rigorous with the updates and features being added. We've had a lot of experience of it in the past and know that new features = new bugs.

pZvD7Vb.png

Is that rlly a new client?, looks exactly the same as current one but a bit modified, I guess limitations would be different?

chicochan

Almighty-KP- said:
ArcticSun said:
Alexei said:
ArcticSun said:

pZvD7Vb.png

Is that rlly a new client?, looks exactly the same as current one but a bit modified, I guess limitations would be different?

Still same.. hmmm myb, who knws.
using this > http://forum.pokemon-world-online.net/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=36675 for FRESHLOOK :3 jk.

whatever it is, GL PWO..
just like a song.. "Don't Stop..Believing..." :3

LeroyGarcia

Youngster
Patience is key guys....I see a lot of instigating, especially by those mature players that have some knowledge new players don't. I would strongly advise those players to go instigate somewhere else if they have nothing constructive to say.

TheConqueror

LeroyGarcia said:
Patience is key guys....I see a lot of instigating, especially by those mature players that have some knowledge new players don't. I would strongly advise those players to go instigate somewhere else if they have nothing constructive to say.

seems legit bro.

Merse

Youngster
Being patient is one thing. But the only new map that was added to teh game since I'm here is Mt. Silver. Granted, others were updated/modified, but you can't expect players to be patient for 3-4 years...