Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• I dont care

• Total voters

leftyy

Hello, folks! Lefty here.

I am here on an important matter. Today I came on PWO minding my own business, when I notice someone saying something really dumb that I wanted to scream at them. So then I typed a sentence of rage at him and the second I pressed enter, I got muted for "Excessive capital letters". What. WHAT. How are you people not shut down for this; this is breaking the first amendment! You're restricting my freedom of speech JUST BECAUSE OF ME USING CAPS? USING CAPS IS SHOWING EXPRESSION, HOW ARE PEOPLE SUPPOSED TO KNOW THAT IM SCREAMING AT THEM WHEN I CANT USE ALL CAPS. EXCLAMATION POINTS DONT CUT IT. CAPITALIZATION DOES.

I request that I dont get muted when I use all caps. This is outrageous. UNCONSTITUTIONAL.

Pastor-Of-Muppets

Freedom of speech means the government cannot prosecute/imprison or what have you for what you say. When it comes to what you say in a video game or anything within a private forum freedom of speech means NOTHING. They can prevent you from saying anything. You seriously seem like a troll.

Pangaea

leftyy said:
Today I came on PWO minding my own business, when I notice someone saying something really dumb that I wanted to scream at them. So then I typed a sentence of rage at him and the second I pressed enter, I got muted for "Excessive capital letters".

Possibly this is the reason it was implemented in the first place. ???
I'm going to have to say no to this.

PhantomsCV

leftyy said:
Nothing about this game is American and therefore doesn't matter if it is "unconstitutional". Also I'm going to agree with Pangea and say that is exactly why PWO has it.

when I notice someone saying something really dumb that I wanted to scream at them. So then I typed a sentence of rage at him and the second I pressed enter,

leftyy

Maaan you guys are boring. Also yes I'm a troll, I'm really bored. But I still stand by my statement! We're not talking about the community here, we're talking about me, ONLY ME.

Also curse you Fonty for moving this to the Suggestionss!!! I thought we discussed this

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
I know you said in chat that this is more of a demand than a suggestion, still as we don't have a 'demand' forum section suggestions does seem to be the best place for it.

The reason for the caps mute is that if we allowed it the chatrooms could and would be OFTEN BE FILLED WITH SENTENCES THAT ARE ALL CAPITAL LETTERS. No doubt you would only want to yell when it seems appropriate, but others may just feel like 'yellling' in chat because they feel it is their right. But we have to consider all players, and there is not necessarily a good reason for other players to know when someone feels like yelling. On the other hand we do have to consider the effect of everyone doing what we allow them to do, at the same time. Allowing all caps all the time wouldn't be nice for anyone, so we have to limit their use.

This is just an explanation however, of the reason for the auto-mute system. Feel free to continue the discussion. :)

EDIT: Suggestions can also be discussed.

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
We'll also be restricting the number of capitals in usernames in the future.

mad30

Youngster
leffty, let me give you a few pointers on trolling.

First, you need to tie this to censorship, you kinda started that with bringing up the first amendment, but that is too flaw of an argument to build ur entire trolling around.
After you claim censorship (which is is) you then connect censorship with the communist party. This is where emotions start to form because nothing but negative attitudes are connected with the communist party.
Now you have a place to call the staff communist dictators, this is where the real trolling can then start happening. Anytime you call someone a dictator ppl will get defensive (staff themselves or ppl on staff behalf) theres a topic where a person did just that, called them dictators and many lulz were had.

so in summary leftyy TROLL HARDER

ChaoticMantis

Its okay lefty I agree. I want to yell about my pet turtle but I can't because we have party poopers like choco

Merse

Youngster
May I point out that the First Amendment has legal binding power only in the United States? Although I know that some Americans have difficulties to imagine that there is a world outside the US :p
Anyway, as the servers are in Sweden, Swedish law may apply. Or because of the ownership, German law could be used as well. Or, as this is an international game, the international agreements of the UN could be used as well.