Reporting bugs easier

Domani

I was thinking about what I said in Rigs post on "What would you do if you were staff?" and I thought of a way (no idea if it's even remotely possible) to report bugs, glitches, grammar errors, etc. without it being so tedious.

Instead of having to SS it, post it in paint, crop it, log into the forum, and posting it, what if there was a command in game, that would just SS your game screen and send it to an appropriate inbox or topic thread, or if the SS thing isn't possible it could send your map and coordinates and with the message you send with it, that way you'll know what's happening at that location. For instance:
Have a command such as /Report [Information]. So if you were reporting a map error, you could do /Report Map Error. You would then get a system message saying something like, "Report Sent! Thank you for helping better the game" or something along those lines. and you could do /Report help, to get a list things you're allowed to report, (Map Error, NPC Grammar, NPC Coding, etc.)
And if you put a code that was non-existent (i.e /Report stuck), you would get a message saying, "For a list of acceptable reports, type /Report Help"

Idk, just an idea that popped into my head. Like I said, I don't even know if it's possible, but I would like an easier way to report things I find in the game, since I know you guys don't have time to go from map to map looking for errors.

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
Agreed, tools like this on the client would be very helpful for a lot of things.

To note though, this suggestion itself would be more useful on the Playerdex Suggestion Box where the relevant staff can review it. Forum suggestions are more useful if you want to start a discussion about the issue.

As for screenshots, you can now us F9 to take a screenshot which goes directly to your PWO Screenshots folder. There is a lot of information on the client that you may not feel relevant too but which we routinely check when looking at bugs. So cropping isn't necessary and may actually remove something we need to see.

Domani

HitmonFonty said:
Agreed, tools like this on the client would be very helpful for a lot of things.

To note though, this suggestion itself would be more useful on the Playerdex Suggestion Box where the relevant staff can review it. Forum suggestions are more useful if you want to start a discussion about the issue.

As for screenshots, you can now us F9 to take a screenshot which goes directly to your PWO Screenshots folder. There is a lot of information on the client that you may not feel relevant too but which we routinely check when looking at bugs. So cropping isn't necessary and may actually remove something we need to see.

I honestly didn't know the playerdex suggestion box was a thing, thank you. and as for screenshot cropping, I was talking about cropping out the rest of my computer screen, not so much isolating the problem. But I will also put this in the playerdex. Thank you