Rep Gain

Domani

when you beat another player how much rep do you get? because I have like 250 rep and have given like .23048 rep. it just doesn't make any sense to me.

GeckoRider

It tells you how much rep you gain in the chat box.... and also i think you get rep from beating Npcs

Domani

that's not what I meant gecko... I meant what percent from each player do you get. cause it's not adding up

mRp.

i think that the rep that you have its divided by 40. So if you have 40 rep you will give 1 rep point , at least thast what i think it is.

Mantis

Youngster
Website
www.technopathic.org
Sorry Domani, i'll stop screwing up your rep gain....

*stops infecting the portion of the server that controls Domani's Rep*

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
If you successfully win any battle against a Trainer, you get 5% of the current Reputation score of your opponent added to your own Reputation score - so an opponent with 20 Rep gives 1 Rep to you. This is usually rounded to about two decimal places, but this is not always the case, resulting in some players having really weird non-whole Rep scores. The numbers are still taken at face value though and thus don't have an actual effect on the game - it's just not very visually appealing. So basically, if you have a weird Rep score, don't worry about it too much.

I am not sure if the loser loses Reputation (this WAS part of the original plan but I don't recall if it was ever implemented); but an opponent who disconnects DOES receive a penalty. NPCs don't "technically" have a Rep Score - the amount they give is actually set in the database - but it's become a standard for the game to assume most have a Rep Score of 4, hence why you get 0.2 by beating them - of course, the Gym Leaders have MUCH more.

Saric

Youngster
You get 1/20th of your opponents rep in PvPs, and typically .2-.3 rep per NPC.

Although i was told that one NPC gives .4.

Gym leaders themselves give 3 rep.