[REMOVE] Stalker Update 3.0

Klay

Youngster
Hi.
o1gzrze8.png

Today, I'm angry.
Why? Because Isguros removed me from his friendlist.
zgycjf9n.png

Why? Because of an update with no announcement. An update which would be useful in a game with many locations and real reasons to be in the same map as your friends.
But that's not PWO's case. It only takes few mins to go from Cianwood to Lavander (without transportation system), and there's no reason to be on the same map as a friend/anyone else (no friendship/guild boost for being in the same location + you can chat in private messages, private channels or guild channel).

Several months ago, staff added an update which added a little green message when a friend logs in. That wasn't that bothering, even if someday some players just DON'T want to be bothered, even by "friends". But today. Today, a new hidden update has been released. Now, not only you're showing to people you're online in channels, but you're also showing them your current location. To be precise, you can see the location of every friends you have who are online, by check your Friend list (in the Online list tab).

"Yeah! I know Towel is currently in Cinnabar Volcano Path. Oh great, now he's in Pokecenter 18 (and no, I'm not showing that lack of é at Pokecenter)."
What do you want us to be? Stalkers? Yandere?
angry.gif

Seriously, PWO is a comfy place, even if you're shy or have AvPD (Avoidant personality disorder). Before 2018, accepting someone as a friend just meant giving him the possibility to see I'm online (even if I'm /ano) without having to search in the Online list. Today, that means warning people I come online and telling them where I am. So great, when that kind player you accepted as a friend because he gave you a shiny pok is now literally following you everywhere. Also, less interactions between friends, you can't ask anymore where is that cool friend or what he does without looking like a noob. Because only noobs will not check their friendlist and think about what can be done there.

Doing /ano would be the solution? If we do /ano, it hides the location, ok. But it also hides yourself from Online list. If you have finished to daycare some poks, but if the customer did /ano, unless asking in public channels and praying for him to be online, you have no way to find him in the Online list. And if he left some public channels, /cgwho will not help. Same issue if you lend something or you're waiting for a token transaction.

As a protestation act, everyone against this update should remove all their friends. Isguros did. I did, even if that means removing important friends that come online once every year. And you should do it too. Because PWO isn't a safe place anymore.
7r9u5ajz.png

ByIcZUPuZ.gif

@staff: I still love you, but you deserve that as much as players don't deserve any events.​

Klay

Youngster
If I write "seriously" and "AvPD" in the same post, I'm serious. Even if it's true I had some fun making this thread.

Isguros

Youngster
It's about time somebody is being held accountable for my actions! >:O

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
How about customisation options in the Playerdex?

Choosing to switch the location option off or on when you wish and maybe notifications on/off as well?

Or even a friend tier system where close friends get the full treatment and casual friends just get to see if you're online and override message blocks but nothing else?

I'd like to know how you would apply this update (in hindsight) rather than just telling us to scrap it. One is a suggestion, the other is just a complaint.

Klay

Youngster
We have been heard! Our fight isn't vain!
Blake_revolution_Stalker_Updateforum.png

Trainy and Slicky also joined us in the good fight!
Screen_Shot_07-17-18_at_09.30_PM.PNG

HitmonFonty said:

Choosing to switch the location option off or on when you wish and maybe notifications on/off as well?  

Or even a friend tier system where close friends get the full treatment and casual friends just get to see if you're online and override message blocks but nothing else?

I'd like to know how you would apply this update (in hindsight) rather than just telling us to scrap it. One is a suggestion, the other is just a complaint.

Hmm, that's actually something I didn't think about. Suggesting something other than complaining.

I'd be more okay with a switch to show on or off the locations (and notifications, even if that's not the main subject of this thread). I'd keep it off, but that's not a bad idea at all for people who wants to keep this feature.
About the friend tier system, I'm against. If I can get that we can be closer to some friends than other friends, I don't like the idea to put some people in a stopgap category. If it's true we're not close with all friends in our friendlist, I bet few people would be ok with realizing they're in the regular friendlist of someone they thought they were close with. So a friend tier, no-no.
Finally, putting a control feature in the playerdex is obviously the easiest way to do it, and a fast solution, but it's also a non-easy to use way for players on a long-term point of view. That means each time we want to hide our location, we have to log off the game, log in playerdex, tick a box, and relog in the game. Having to tick a box directly ingame (like, in the Options tab or Online list tab) would keep a good gaming experience for players, even if that means having to update the client.

We won a battle, but not the war! Keep faith my friends, and the just cause will prevail!
thor.gif

Towel

Youngster
Nice idea Fonty, hopefully this will bring back my friends I have lost and I will be able to resume my level 1 stalking; when they come online and such. I miss that. =D

Mallow-

Youngster
Mr.Toweliiiiie said:
Nice idea Fonty, hopefully this will bring back my friends I have lost and I will be able to resume my level 1 stalking; when they come online and such. I miss that. =D

[glow=green]Nobody trust Towel, he be a spy! He even say so in game last night![/glow]

Towel

Youngster
TheStinkiestGarbodor said:
[glow=green]Nobody trust Towel, he be a spy! He even say so in game last night![/glow]

I think you're the spy here. It's almost like you came in game last night only to declare me a spy so that no one would suspect you're the spy.

Mallow-

Youngster
Mr.Toweliiiiie said:

I think you're the spy here. It's almost like you came in game last night only to declare me a spy so that no one would suspect you're the spy.

Mallow the Garbodor became confused!

Towel

Youngster
Mr.Toweliiiiie said:

Mallow the Garbodor became confused!

My plan worked perfectly! Muahaha

kalithrian

I think this is a good approach, because many people value privacy, even at the in-game level. As a game trying to also balance around pvp, hypothetically, if I know that Klay is farming for a certain pokemon, this could contribute to my decision regarding which pokemon I want to farm for, to combat him in some potential upcoming event.

HitmonFonty said:

Klay

Youngster
To stay about the main subject of this thread, here's the testimony of a player who had been victim of location harassment. (and who have posted on this thread while I was searching hashtag color)
Screen_Shot_07-18-18_at_08.00_PM.PNG

#saferwithoutfriends

kalithrian

admittedly, I'm quite new to the interface, so perhaps there was a cleaner approach here, but yeah, it's true that location harassment is possible!

Klay said:
To stay about the main subject of this thread, here's the testimony of a player who had been victim of location harassment. (and who have posted on this thread while I was searching hashtag color)
Screen_Shot_07-18-18_at_08.00_PM.PNG

#saferwithoutfriends

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
The harassment here seems a bit of a different issue, just made worse by the new location feature. It is not okay for anyone to send multiple battle requests (or any other requests) to players who clearly indicate they do not want them.

There are steps you can take to stop this however. You can switch off battles completely in your Client Settings if you just don't want any PvP at that time. You can block the player either temporarily or permanently using:

/ignore nickname
/block nickname

Both commands are reversible by typing the same command again.

The friend command should work the same way also, so if anyone is having difficulties removing friends please report it on the Playerdex. Any and all bug reports should be as descriptive as possible with screenshots if applicable.

If any player repeatedly harasses or is offensive at any time please screenshot (before blocking them) and report them on Community Watch on the Playerdex.