Removal of Ice beam from Frosslas

Nikola

Youngster
-I am curious how come that Ice beam from Frosslas wasn't removed from its moveset. Far as I know Frosslas isn't able to learn that move via playerdex any more. Same thing happened with Slaking's hammer arm and reversal a while ago. While changing it's moveset I lost reversal since there were only 3 moves ticked in playerdex. I don't know what kind of future plans you have with ice beam and Frosslas but I am just saying though. I wouldn't make any gap between trainers since there are many trainers without opportunity to learn that move nor I would let those ones having it to gain more profit from it. Thanks

Saric

Youngster
To clarify, it seems that froslass can't learn it, though some do still have the move on their set..

Nikola

Youngster
Saric said:
To clarify, it seems that froslass can't learn it, though some do still have the move on their set..
Indeed Saric. That is the main reason why I made this topic. I was in battle today and someone used Ice beam to counter my Dragonair. There was action taken with Slaking's moves a while ago and user wasn't able to use hammer arm anymore. I wonder can something similar happen with Frosslas. It shouldn't hurt anyone though...

psychosamm

Youngster
I think it's because Slaking lost those moves intentionally to nerf him, Frosslass just lost it due to the movesets being updated to 5th gen, so they didn't get rid of it intentionally to weaken it. That's what i'm guessing, since Frosslass is in no way OP, they just didn't bother with deleting Ice beam.

Nikola

Youngster
psychosamm said:
I think it's because Slaking lost those moves intentionally to nerf him, Frosslass just lost it due to the movesets being updated to 5th gen, so they didn't get rid of it intentionally to weaken it. That's what i'm guessing, since Frosslass is in no way OP, they just didn't bother with deleting Ice beam.
That still doesn't change the fact that Frosslas is having already installed move which it's not able to learn in PWO in a first place. No matter if it is Slaking or Rattata. I think players must adapt to any changes made by their own and not by gaining advantage over another player by using something that shouldn't be there in a first place in this case that would be Ice beam right?

psychosamm

Youngster
Darcia said:
psychosamm said:
That still doesn't change the fact that Frosslas is having already installed move which it's not able to learn in PWO in a first place. No matter if it is Slaking or Rattata. I think players must adapt to any changes made by their own and not by gaining advantage over another player by using something that shouldn't be there in a first place in this case that would be Ice beam right?
That's true, but unlike Slaking, who they intentionally nerfed, Frosslass actually could learn Ice Beam if TMs were implemented, so its not as if it necessarily shouldn't have it, it's more that they have no longer made it an option. I understand it's an unfair advantage, but then again the update was made after the Christmas event ended (i think) so it's not like there are going to be new Frosslass caught that no longer have a chance to get Ice Beam, people just had to change it before the update. Though I can understand why you're raising this issue, I just don't really think it's much of one.

matileo19

Youngster
Website
imanub.com.nub
psychosamm said:
Darcia said:
psychosamm said:
That's true, but unlike Slaking, who they intentionally nerfed, Frosslass actually could learn Ice Beam if TMs were implemented, so its not as if it necessarily shouldn't have it, it's more that they have no longer made it an option. I understand it's an unfair advantage, but then again the update was made after the Christmas event ended (i think) so it's not like there are going to be new Frosslass caught that no longer have a chance to get Ice Beam, people just had to change it before the update. Though I can understand why you're raising this issue, I just don't really think it's much of one.

But it was when Starmie still had Megahorn* (after its moveset being updated, very strong). There are not TMs, this can't be compared with that thing, I could easily say (supposing that my snorlax learned Ice beam or flametrower by strange circunstances-bug) ''if TMs were implemented'' my snorlax somehow could learn a move like Ice Beam or Flametrower to KO pokemon like Metagross and Dragons, this is another topic on wich I agree with you Darcia, so players should:
1- Replace the move
2- There should be an update to fix it...

Tecknician

Noticed this when reversal was brought up for slaking. Decided back then already I would not be messing with any other pokemons move because if I changed one, everyone would complain and it would simply take to long to change them all manually.

I am sorry for all those who would like a bunch of moves removed from a bunch of pokemon, but It's simply is not going to happen.

KaiReborn

Youngster
Website
theburningnotebook.tumblr.com
I have to disagree with the idea of removing Ice Beam on the Froslass that have this move as part of its moveset. Basing myself on the handhelds, it isn't completely impossible for froslass to have Ice Beam naturally. In fact that can be achieved by transfering a female snorunt from a 3rd gen game (where it could learn Ice Beam naturally) and evolving it. With gen V this is still possible by transfering that same snorunt (or froslass, in case it evolved) from the 4th gen game it was in. And to me the comparison to slaking is a bit senseless, as slaking got its moves removed with the intent of nerfing it, while froslass only became unable to learn ice beam due to snorunt's loss of that move on the moveset update.

ash.catchem

Youngster
If you check playerdex editing other pokemons, you can see that now again, you can get pre-evolution poke moves via playerdex, thats what playerdex editing move feature is for.
So since in original pokemon, froslass evolves from snorunt, so it has ice beam from snorunt's moveset.

You can check and get to other pokes to the pre-evo's moves... :)
It was removed for some time in between, but now again it is there to get those moves. :)

EcoWOLFrb

Youngster
Yeah there are a couple pokemon that should technically have one of their moves manually removed: Froslass, Starmie, Snorlax. Even though doing so would lessen the usability of these pokemon in battle, what's right is right. Apparently it wont be happening regardless lol.

ash.catchem

Youngster
EcoWOLFrb said:
Yeah there are a couple pokemon that should technically have one of their moves manually removed: Froslass, Starmie, Snorlax. Even though doing so would lessen the usability of these pokemon in battle, what's right is right. Apparently it wont be happening regardless lol.
Why it should be removed? It just like removing Outrage from Dragonite, removing dragon claw from salamence. If pokemon doesn't learns a move, but its pre-evo learns it, then that pokemon should learn that move from some source, and that source is playerdex here.(since you cant get its pre-evo pokemons).
and Removing moves of Staryu from Starmie or moves of munchlax from Snorlax is totally ridiculous. I totally disagree with it.
and that's not right, thats totally wrong. Similarly moves of snorunt shouldn't be removed from froslass.

But sadly Ice-Beam has been removed from froslass, I don't why...?? Its like weakening all pokes here, and just limit the usage of pokemons to only certain powerful or pseudo-legendary or Dragon pokes. Its being partiality to other pokes, thereby I complain here about it.

Its just like, in your childhood, you had money from your parents, but when you become adult, all your things should be snatched, you should get out on footpath, to do everything by yourself.

EcoWOLFrb

Youngster
ash.catchem said:
Why it should be removed? It just like removing Outrage from Dragonite, removing dragon claw from salamence. If pokemon doesn't learns a move, but its pre-evo learns it, then that pokemon should learn that move from some source, and that source is playerdex here.(since you cant get its pre-evo pokemons).
and Removing moves of Staryu from Starmie or moves of munchlax from Snorlax is totally ridiculous. I totally disagree with it.
and that's not right, thats totally wrong. Similarly moves of snorunt shouldn't be removed from froslass.

But sadly Ice-Beam has been removed from froslass, I don't why...?? Its like weakening all pokes here, and just limit the usage of pokemons to only certain powerful or pseudo-legendary or Dragon pokes. Its being partiality to other pokes, thereby I complain here about it.

Its just like, in your childhood, you had money from your parents, but when you become adult, all your things should be snatched, you should get out on footpath, to do everything by yourself.

Well...to be honest that's a ridiculous reply. In order or things I see wrong here...
1- Dragonite and Salamence have nothing to do with this...they're supposed to have those moves...these pokemon had their moves removed because of updates, or because the move was glitched.... these pokemon had moves previously that are now not in their movesets in B&W...which this game has been updated to.
2- None of these pokemon listed have their previous evo's capable of learning the moves that they can no longer learn...
3-munchlax isn't even in the game, I don't see why you even mentioned it.
4- snorunt doesn't learn ice beam either...
5-You should read the previous comments...then you'd know why Froslass had ice beam removed. Again, the moveset was updated, he wasn't intentionally nerfed like slaking.
6- They JUST nerfed outrage, which shows no preference to those "pseudo-legendary or Dragon pokes"....
7- I don't see how updating moves for pokes to make the game better is being partial to certain pokes...everything got an update if it wasn't already.

Please please.... please don't "totally disagree" with something unless you take the time to read or think about that certain something. I'm not saying there are no good points to be made in opposition to my stance...you just didn't bring up any of them. And I don't see how your analogy makes any sense in this situation.