Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Boora

Youngster
C:)

God knows how suggestions became complaints, but meh, lets vote
its just amazing , its like marshal law in here, if you dont like something, even if it doesn't break any rules, you'll find away to remove it.
and for god sakes because i can see it coming a mile away, fonty dont bother trying to justify this action.
considering the topic that were moved there.

Alexei

I am failing to see how this forum (Complaint Box) is supposed to do any good. This is rather pretty pointless forum. To be frank, it looks like as if staff were trying to split the community by flushing those called complainers. Gradually this forum will lose it's one day purpose due to being bias made as pointed out above. I can only see Complaint Box being a place where people are not taken serious as their opinion is going to be complaint based for some. Normally, in such communities you should be using complaint term when it comes to complaining on a sanction and so on.

That being said I am waiting for something already pointed by the OP like "bootlicking and praising" forums where people say thank you or show obvious signs of bootlicking. You will have two forums and for haters and lovers. However, you should rather deal with these things on a more professional way. Players are not the reason why all of this is happening, staff are. Every one of you represents the staff and everything what you were doing or might do is making staff to look good or bad. So far I could see no professionalism regarding whole Complaint box incident coming from staff side which is rather sad.

You will be better of spending some time with your family and friends rather than pissing of people who are indeed showing that they might be interested in the community. Sadly, our community is what it is and not much can be done to change it at this point of time. Such actions are not helping the cause. I will be putting my hand if fire if every or majority of staff agreed on this. If they all agreed then I believe all hopes are lost for them to set proper path.

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
Boora said:
C:)

God knows how suggestions became complaints, but meh, lets vote
its just amazing , its like marshal law in here, if you dont like something, even if it doesn't break any rules, you'll find away to remove it.
and for god sakes because i can see it coming a mile away, fonty dont bother trying to justify this action.
considering the topic that were moved there.

Nothing was removed, the forum is in plain sight and anyone can read, post and respond there the same as every other public forum.

KarasuroKun

PWO Composer
Game Editor
Website
bb089.bandcamp.com
I've been reading a lot of "suggestions" that sound a lot like "I don't like this, fix it." (Which is a complaint.) The complaint box was created to better organize the complaints from the suggestions. Suggestions should be written out as proposals on how to improve something. If you don't like us having a complaint box, please make a topic about it in the complaint box. Or if you have any suggestion on how to improve the suggestions forum or complaint box, please make a topic in the suggestions forum. Thank You.

Alexei

Complaint Box is useless forums. And KarasuroKun, you are making yourself look bad and funny trying to make staff to look like as if they are professional. There are few other staff members that are legit and non biased though.

KaiReborn

Youngster
Website
theburningnotebook.tumblr.com
The way I see it, there shouldn't be much of an issue with a complaint box as long as those responsible for creating that section are coherent on deciding what goes where. If that coherence is absent, I get the impresion it will be a matter of time before the community ends up further divided. In short, I see nothing wrong with it as long as it is coherently used for everything resembling a complaint and not just topics that address subjects that may be deemed inconvenient by the higher ups

Amelia

Maybe the complaint box is there to chill out as you are wasting excess energy. It's like a punching bag. You punch it to calm down and so on. Maybe if foul language and cursing is allowed people would find it more interesting. Think about it! Add warning before entering the complaint box due to PWO being kids friendly game. People need to chill somehow. Let them curse and yell there.

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
Amelia said:
Maybe the complaint box is there to chill out as you are wasting excess energy. It's like a punching bag. You punch it to calm down and so on. Maybe if foul language and cursing is allowed people would find it more interesting. Think about it! Add warning before entering the complaint box due to PWO being kids friendly game. People need to chill somehow. Let them curse and yell there.

This would be counter productive. First, it would technically exclude younger players from reading or posting there. Second, we would have to hide it away which is also not our intent.

Amelia

A system can be always placed for younger players. However, it might not work the way I imagine it due to staff being unable to determine your age so simple warning pop-up "Confirm that you are 18+" might not work. In any case, I believe you do have consistency to preserve. And after all, being polite on the forums is always welcome and should be a plus when it comes to evaluating the thread as worthy or unworthy.

KarasuroKun

PWO Composer
Game Editor
Website
bb089.bandcamp.com
Alexei said:
Complaint Box is useless forums. And KarasuroKun, you are making yourself look bad and funny trying to make staff to look like as if they are professional. There are few other staff members that are legit and non biased though.

I think your misreading my post. I simply wanted to make it clear what the forum was for since some seem to think that's where the "bad" posts go. Complaints aren't bad, but they are not suggestions either. The point of the split is to help organize the forums and to help staff keep track of complaints from the community.

mad30

Youngster
KarasuroKun said:
Alexei said:

I think your misreading my post. I simply wanted to make it clear what the forum was for since some seem to think that's where the "bad" posts go. Complaints aren't bad, but they are not suggestions either. The point of the split is to help organize the forums and to help staff keep track of complaints from the community.
You picked a (censored word here, replace with:) BAD name for that forum if that is your idea. "Complaint" has a negative stigma to it so you already put negative attitudes into the minds of the community about its purpose. Think argument vs debate, fight (non physical) vs disagreement.

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
Hmm... so what you're saying is that the name was ill-chosen because it automatically implies a negative connotation. In that case, would renaming the section to something along the lines of "Points of View" work for you?

mad30

Youngster
Jinji said:
Hmm... so what you're saying is that the name was ill-chosen because it automatically implies a negative connotation. In that case, would renaming the section to something along the lines of "Points of View" work for you?

Off the top of my head without further thought, I'd go with something like "The Steam Box" (cheesy) with a sub title of description of "for venting all things pwo related such as bad beats or unlucky situations"

By doing the complaint box with description of "Need to vent your dissatisfaction regarding any PWO Service, policy or the staffing? This is where you can raise your complaint in a civil manner. ". What you have done is make a forum that's purpose is to more or less "Flame the staff" in everyones mind by the way you worded. Now perhaps there's announcement or something I have missed, and from my brief forum lurking I have yet to hear other potential uses for such a forum from staff or players which I believe is due directly to the wording of the forums. Has anyone thought about the "complaint box" for being used to vent frustrations with a recent battle by a player not going their way? Or perhaps the server crashing during a wild battle with a shiny HR? These would all be great purposes for a said forum yet hasn't been mentioned.

KaiReborn

Youngster
Website
theburningnotebook.tumblr.com
In all honesty, I did but then I found myself asking a different question. If such topics that fall under the category of what you mentioned are created, will they be moved there? I guess it can be said that what I'm more apprehensive about the newest forum section ties itself to the coherence of whoever was responsible for its creation in regards to what goes there and what doesn't. On paper I find it to be a good idea but at the same time I think the practical results may lead to further rifts opening on the community depending on how it is handled. If anything, the timing of it was rather poor considering the tense environment hasn't subsided completely yet even though it no longer is as bad as it used to be the past couple months.

mad30

Youngster
Very valid Kai, which leads back to... is the community/staff mature enough for such a section (which I brought up in a different topic). If arguing over WHERE a topic should be is such a major issue then a) things weren't planned out well enough in advanced and b) neither side is mature enough for such a minor deal. Hell, originally the suggestion section isn't even suppose to be on the forums let alone suppose to be the "official" suggestion place players take it to be.

The only way the complaint box can be successful with this staff, this community, and the history of pwo... is to remove staff interaction from the forum to a minimum. I have never seen a successfully ran game where so many staff members communicate so freely with the community. Usually it's limited to a few(3-5) core people with very infrequent occurrences with other staff members. This forum IMO should be treated as a 3rd party site, for the community, ran by the community. Instead it seems to be for the staff members, ran by staff members.

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
I'm open to changing the wording and title of the forum myself. Expanding it to cover personal issues like you suggest wasn't the original intention but could make it more useful.

As for the concern that it will be used by staff to remove posts based on who made them rather than the content, that is not the case. I moved the first posts over for which I got criticism, however I moved them for content only and to be honest I didn't even look at the original posters because that to me was irrelevant.

As for having the forum run by the community and have little or no involvement by staff (by this I assume you mean only moderating as needed), I believe this would be counter-productive. Given that the forum is for complaints against the game and staff, having us stay out of it and not respond to the complaints or take part in the discussion that arises would make one of the other concerns for the forums' creation true- that we are sending posts there that we wish to ignore. Which again is not true at all.

On the other hand if players wish to leave staff out of a given discussion in that forums they can always ask for that and it will of course be respected.