relicanth bugged?

maadoo

i fought a battle today and was up against a relicanth which is a water/rock type poke, so i used superpower on it which is a fighting move and should be very effective to my suprize it was only normal effective , is this a bug  or what?

T

Tmac8622

Yup; actually, unless something has changed, I'm fairly sure that all dual-type Pokemon are bugged so that they only have one type. In this case, Relicanth is only a Water type. Gyarados is also only a Water type, which is why it can survive more electric attacks than it should. Bulbasaur is only Grass, Magnemite is only Electric, and so on.

maadoo

nop ur definitely wrong most dual types in fact work exeample : an alakazam can kill a gengar becoz of it s other poison type and charizard can knock out magnemite because of it s steel type , and electric moves are super effective on charizard , this is the 1st time that a dual type didn t work for me hence why i made this topic.

T

Tmac8622

Well then they must have fixed most catchables, and just forgot to fix Relicanth or something. I played this game a lot about two years ago, and back then, dualtypes simply didn't exist. Does this mean Gyarados is easily able to be one-shotted by Electric types now? He was pretty blatantly overpowered back in my day, what with everything being Physical attack, single weakness, etc.

maadoo

yea guarados would get creamed by any electric type move now:p

Saric

Youngster
Tmac8622 said:
Well then they must have fixed most catchables, and just forgot to fix Relicanth or something. I played this game a lot about two years ago, and back then, dualtypes simply didn't exist. Does this mean Gyarados is easily able to be one-shotted by Electric types now? He was pretty blatantly overpowered back in my day, what with everything being Physical attack, single weakness, etc.
He's not overpowered anymore due to the 4x weakness, special attack existing (which knocks out hydro), and hb being nerfed to 120 power.

ash.catchem

Youngster
dont know if it is related, but when I use bullet seed to any poke who is 2x weak on grass, its shows normal damage..
while bullet seed is grass type and should be super eff..
so might be bullet seed is coded wrong and might be same with superpower..

maadoo

superpower is super effective on tauros snorlax golem ttar etc ..... only relicanth showed normal effective , a staff commenting would be appreciated.