Regarding The Current Shiny IVs.

Fadoka

Jr. Trainer
This is very often subject in pwo these days. Someone hinted about current shiny pokes having 28+ IV and that is not fair for new ones made 20+. If I am not wrong you also changed the IVs for token store shiny? Now let me explain chronologically more detailed what was going on lately with shiny pokes from my experience around in game (this account was built since 2011 but i was in pwo in 2008-2009 though).

a.There was a time when you could buy shiny pokemon for fixed fee. They had 28+ivs. This was done after PWO recovered from nintendo incident and they needed money for the servers to make things running. If im not wrong you could buy only one for account.

b. Shiny pokes were given 20% boost on their stat. Decision was made to remove that boost while giving the IVs we could see not while back. This probably happened because shiny pokes were too OP. Token store shinys were nowhere to be found despite people trying for them.

c. Shiny Pokes got their IVs locked on 28IVs for good amount of the time which means people were only able to catch shiny Pokemon with all 28 Ivs. Staff changed those to 28+ afterwards. After they have been changed you could catch 28+ iv pokemon in wild. Again token store shiny pokes were nowhere to be seen. (I still have some shiny pokemon on full 28 IVs though).

d. Finally someone got a shiny UC from TS. What was funny that pokemon had IVs 1 and 31 which made total confusion in PWO. No one reported that as there was no one to get one shiny with tokens before. From what I remember people were given nothing in return as there was no "Promised" range for their shiny ivs. Shorty after staff made token store update they had 15+ ivs as minimum if the pokemon was shiny (from the token store). As you can see here.. This time IVs were promised.
http://i.imgur.com/AuLQuEJ.png

e. Wild shiny pokes got their ivs as 20 iv minimum. Token store shiny also got reduced i guess. The change seems to be pretty much ok as it seems fair and it will not take much time to things to balance.

Now all of sudden old shiny pokes were brought up.... I personally think it's more funny to even think about it then to talk about it. There are few main reasons why that will not work. Look above how many changes you did for shinys , you never touched current shiny POke (and it shouldn't be touched for the old players who spent their times collecting or building their teams getting some 32 IVs) . Ivs were promised for the token store and doing any change for those would mean something else then a promise. But again, if you dont touch them you are making this to look pay for play. You simply can't leave TS shinies 15 Ivs+ after you touched new ones as it was already promised on the ivs.
PWO have a lot of loyal people who suffered on their way to come here. Personally, i never seen any loyal gaming community like this and I played many games. But to return on my point...How many times wild shiny got touched? shiny obtained before were never touched. People were trading and hunting all time. A lot of money and hard work was invested in all those. People donated real money they work for to be able to buy cool shiny pokes from wild given the fact they are 28 ivs and more. (money isn't gained so simply , everyone knows so)

I have personally been with pwo all these years and saw all of these changes and saw many staff and many stories. What I personally think is that you really need some sort of a playing experience or at least someone who plays enough to be able to do proper suggestion. Such things are not to be touched and proposal itself looks very dull and transparent. No mean any offense to the staff ofcourse. I am just saying that they don't have enough of needed experience for such actions. This is not something you can touch using math or a calculator. Thing is that people always played, hunting and trading for those because those were never changed. Most of them went through hell for those too. There are other things you can work on...fix moves and battle related things which is in my opinion most important for mmo game that supports live pvp mode of battles . I strongly disagree with such an opinion based on nothing particular then a simple math and the input from a people who joined recently under newer system or those ones who got bored of the game having older shinys. I would like people to talk about this. If you are player who thinks that is here for a while and competitive enough please feel free to post and give your input. I cant forbid people from posting but I prefer that only players who feels that should be posting do so. then again it is not hard to see who is newer player or someone with the mask.

Remember I dont mean any offense to newer players but for now we want you to know the difference between the old style veterans and newcomers,that would be good for start. I am not saying that we are better then newcomers, they also have potentional to be proud veteran one day and i saw this in lots of them. I never found my stuff what I have on the street. I worked my butt for them and I was other servant many times before I got here or atleast something like that. Please people lets talk about this matter. Thanks alot and sorry for the kinda long post.

Arnie

i agree, new players should put the work in to have the same things (or better) than us players who have put 1000's of hours into the game to get good stuff.

I have played through 1 stat reset already, id prefer not to have to see another one.

the old token store shinies were only obtainable for a 4 hour period on the 28th of august 2008 (therefore ur previous info is incorrect) for $25 a piece and u could purchase more than 1. I had a Salamence from that (Wasn't mine originally).

The notion that us older players are advantaged because of the reset...yeah thats what happens when u start before someone else. that happens on EVERY. SINGLE. GAME. EVER.

i like the majority of the changes the game has had over the past months however i don't really like where i can see these stat based changes are going. i play pokemon games with perfect (or near perfect) stat pokes, it gets boring otherwise

darkshadow.

I completely agree with this post. I was never rich... Since i don't donate, getting good pokemons was pretty hard. Today , after almost 3 years of playing , i have the pokes i wanted ( not all :p ). In that list, there are some shiny pokemon with especific ivs that i was looking for. You can believe that were bought after long hard training.. Now , people want the old shinys to be reduced? I worked a lot for what i wanted and now all the work would be in vain? Just because some new players are crying about being unlucky and the GMs don't like the new players, doesn't mean you should change or take away things that are ours. For the new players: If you could imagine what would be the game with black bar bug ( where you couldn't change your pokemons or touch them because a black bar was over it) or like 2 years ago : The Pokemon World Offline , the game was up for like 5 minutes and then it would go down.. Lots of experience loss .. And many more stuff. So be happy what you have now , cause changes happen. Everyone should be happy with the game development.

killanaddict

thoughtlessly decision. until it late game was generally based on recieving shiny pokes with max necessary iv's to make own "dream team". yes, old shiny doesn't mean best battler, but most of them stronger and more universal than others regular.
so now on one side - newcomers which have no opportunity to catch something similar or with much less chance and must spend much more time to buy it because their price growing up instantly and veterans don't want to sell old shinys they have because unlikely they will be able to buy something better in current situation.
on other side old players, most of which spent lots of energy, time and money to recieve their shinys, so reset would be unfair to them. but i think old players lost not so much with this update, because they already have something whereas newcomers appeared in bad situation with an illusion chance to compete with veterans in future.

Fadoka

Jr. Trainer
Thank you guys for the input made so far..it has great meaning and killanaddict, I hope you read what I said in my post. I mean no offense for newbies nor I have anything personal against you but I am preferring the input from more experienced and older players. You joined only few days ago and this is topic meant to be directed to veterans and more experienced players. Main reason I don't prefer newbies to post in my topic is to eliminate unnecessary bias and lack of the time and work to be able to give valid input for this topic. If you can't respect my topic then please ignore it. Thank you.

BlameAoD

Of course Vets already have something when new players come at a time of change they were here already... So you're basically saying that everytime a new wave of new players come in vets should be nerfed cuz that's basically what your reasoning tells me. In other games they don't nerf/change things that old players have that are not available anymore just because new players can't get them so why should PWO? The old S will dissipate over time as people become inactive or get banned so there won't be a surplus of these Pokemon in the long run. Just cuz there are a lot now does not mean they should not be here at all, it just means the change is new. Over time there will be less and less, and yes as this happens their value will go up and up but that is only to be expected because they are no longer guaranteed to have great stats like that, but Pokemon that have awesome stats such as the old S should be worth a lot in the first place. Which is why lowing the min on any new S is a good update, it will really help fix the market and bring the value back to the S that are already in game. When I first started playing ALL S were worth at least a mil including Rats so seeing the price go back up on these S is great. As of right now a lot of people spent unthinkable prices years back on S pokes that are barely worth a mil now I bought a S Ponyta the other day for 4m... 4 MIL!!! A couple years ago a S Ponyta was worth like 40-50m. So if you think S IVs should be changed on current S think about that for a min. The prices being drove up on the old S is not only expected but to many welcome not because of the profit they will make but because they will finally see their Pokemon become worth what they should be in the first place and for many what they were worth when they bought them.

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
Duplicate post. Locked. Use the post that was originally made with the same topic and still active:

http://forum.pokemon-world-online.net/showthread.php?tid=32719

EcoWOLFrb

Youngster
I prefer to post in this topic, not as many raging idiots.

Anyway here is how I see it. Only a few types of players have the right to complain really, and at that, the reasons aren't worth considering action against people who have supported the game for so long, and through so much. Here are the categories:

Shiny collectors: Nothing has changed

New casual players who will play for a few months: Nothing has changed

Hunters who sell their findings: These are one of the two groups who can justifiably complain about their new shiny catches not being worth as much. They're wrong however, because it seems that new shinies are just as expensive as before the update, while older shinies have gone up in price. These people also get the advantage of now being able to catch, and make more money off of epic non shinies, as they will be in demand more now, and not worthless.

Buyers/Sellers: Nothing has changed, you put in money, you get out more. This will always be possible.

Battlers: This is the other group who could logically make an argument. New battlers will sometimes have to use non shiny epics, which can do everything their shiny counterparts can, just without sparkles. They're easier to obtain, cheaper, and capable of countering, and defending against the same pokemon shinies can, hell they can even kill their shiny counterparts, it's a 50% chance of luck, so old shinies can't be called OP if there are nonshinies just as capable as them. Basically the whole argument here is "Now I can't use sparkly pokemon in battle as easily as older players"

KaiReborn

Youngster
Website
theburningnotebook.tumblr.com
EcoWOLFrb said:
Basically the whole argument here is "Now I can't use sparkly pokemon in battle as easily as older players"

This sums up most of the crying effectively. As for what's been said here I don't think there's really much more to add, most of the ground has been covered already.