Regarding future pokemon

Feyte

Will other pokemons such as from Black and White and so on be introduced into the game?

Zangoose

Yes. But if you ask when !!?!! That will be a difficult question.

Zywa-Torpeda

There are pokes of generetion 3 so far (some of 4). We still do not have 3rd region. The game is in this kind of form, with regions and generations for over 4 years. So to your question when the B&W generation pokemons are here, i'll say : Not very soon, not ever maybe. But if i had to guess i'd say (looking at how nuch is going in game lately) 3 to 4 years.

Vendo

I hope not. I hope the PWO staff decide against introducing Generation V and beyond.

No offense to fans of X and Y, but I think Generation VI in general with its "mega evolutions" and the new Fairy Type are all total nonsense.
They're unnecessary, desperate gimmicks that have been introduced to the Pokemon universe in order to try and keep Pokemon relevant/fresh.
In which they have [somewhat], but at what cost?

Generation V is also painfully forgettable to the point where it's just there to exist.

What's next? 6x damage, Robot and Alien Types? Randomly created complement types like Leaf to Grass, Wind to Flying, or Guarding to Fighting?
More isn't always better.

In my opinion, I think PWO should stick with Generations 1-4 where most of the mechanics and character of Pokemon are still intact and make sense. There would then be more time to polish the game as a whole instead of worrying about adding Generation V+ Pokemon that matter very little anyway.

Merse

Youngster
I always hated Gen V Pokes. They are uninspiring and dull. But I LOVE Gen VI, honestly, I think it's the best Pokemon game so far. Except of Mega evolution. I don't really like those :)

Vendo

Merse said:
I always hated Gen V Pokes. They are uninspiring and dull. But I LOVE Gen VI, honestly, I think it's the best Pokemon game so far. Except of Mega evolution. I don't really like those :)

Yes, I enjoy Pokemon in general, and would even give some in the Gen V and VI roster a chance.

Mega evolutions though? No, just no.

I think my biggest problem with Generation VI, X/Y, is the nonsensical megas, as if treating Pokemon like they're Power Rangers or something. I wouldn't mind it if Game Freak owned up to admitting they made a mistake with the atrocity that is "mega Pokemon," and discarded them completely in Generation VII.
Ditch the idea, I say. Your fans will still love you.

Fairy Types as they stand, make no sense. Perhaps when they think on it more and tweak it, then it'll be a more welcome addition/change.

KaiReborn

Youngster
Website
theburningnotebook.tumblr.com
Vendo said:
I hope not. I hope the PWO staff decide against introducing Generation V and beyond.

No offense to fans of X and Y, but I think Generation VI in general with its "mega evolutions" and the new Fairy Type are all total nonsense.
They're unnecessary, desperate gimmicks that have been introduced to the Pokemon universe in order to try and keep Pokemon relevant/fresh.
In which they have [somewhat], but at what cost?

Generation V is also painfully forgettable to the point where it's just there to exist.

What's next? 6x damage, Robot and Alien Types? Randomly created complement types like Leaf to Grass, Wind to Flying, or Guarding to Fighting?
More isn't always better.

In my opinion, I think PWO should stick with Generations 1-4 where most of the mechanics and character of Pokemon are still intact and make sense. There would then be more time to polish the game as a whole instead of worrying about adding Generation V+ Pokemon that matter very little anyway.

Do everyone a favor and go back to your genwunner corner. Gen V brought some interesting mechanics to the battle system (mainly the tweaking of abilitites that existed in the past that became a little more useful) and Gen VI brought some needed balance to the metagame (Fairy types to stop the rule of dragons and the tweaking of weather related abilities to end with the dominance of weather wars)

Vendo

kaiser6tn said:
Do everyone a favor and go back to your genwunner corner. Gen V brought some interesting mechanics to the battle system (mainly the tweaking of abilitites that existed in the past that became a little more useful) and Gen VI brought some needed balance to the metagame (Fairy types to stop the rule of dragons and the tweaking of weather related abilities to end with the dominance of weather wars)

Gen 3 and 2 are my favorite, just so you know.

It wouldn't matter if they introduced 0 new Pokemon, they would still make tweaks, change battle mechanics, and so on, as seen with such revamps like Fire Red/Leaf Green, etc. Therefore your point about Gen V or VI bringing any real change is irrelevant, as they would have done those things anyway with time, and therefore, most of the Pokemon of Gen V+ are still forgettable/pointless.

PWO could introduce those changes over time, maintain movesets throughout the generations when necessary, listing the additions from newer generations (i.e. Fairy type (when tweaked sometime in the future) on the forums or somewhere, and so on.
This of course is thinking realistically about how far PWO can go and what can be manageable.

Back to your gibberish though.
It would seem you're not well aware of what's happening in this topic.
Take your Pokemon Fanboy mentality somewhere away from this thread. I would like to think everyone here's an avid or beginner MMO gamer interested in the Pokemon universe and games, not some franchise/series droolies.

We're discussing what Pokemon may be introduced to PWO's future, and as it stands, I firmly believe Gen V+ Pokemon (keyword Pokemon) would be an utter waste of time, like your post.

Orean

Website
twitter.com
As a forewarning, I would advise to keep this conversation civilized.

It's okay to exchange differing and dissenting viewpoints; it's actually encouraged in order to stimulate a fully participative discussion, and to get more viewpoints on record. However, it is unnecessary to direct insults and cut-throat exchanges towards other users on a more personal level.

KaiReborn

Youngster
Website
theburningnotebook.tumblr.com
If your definition of fanboy is someone who expresses a neutral position regarding a negative comment I won't bother trying to change it. As to what they introduced pokemonwise, gen 5 had quite a few unfortunate design choices (worst of all being that ice cream pokemon, whose name is not even worth mentioning) but contrary to what you think they had a few pokemon that designwise were pretty nice imo, though probably not as many as any other gen. Regarding gen 6, I have a neutral view on what mega evos are concerned (except for mega charizard x and mega gengar, which i really liked) and a lot of the pokemon introduced that gen look pretty cool imo (except for fairies, most of them if not all followed the same cutesy design which i personally thought to be a little disappointing) so I find your criticism (and perhaps hate) towards the newest gen to be a little unfair.

Merse

Youngster
Vendo said:
Take your Pokemon Fanboy mentality somewhere away from this thread. I would like to think everyone here's an avid or beginner MMO gamer interested in the Pokemon universe and games, not some franchise/series droolies.

We're discussing what Pokemon may be introduced to PWO's future, and as it stands, I firmly believe Gen V+ Pokemon (keyword Pokemon) would be an utter waste of time, like your post.
Lol I was laughing at this part so hard.... Would ANY of us be here if we wouldn't be Pokemon fanboys? After all, most of us are in their 20s already, what would those doing here if they wouldn't be fanboys? :D

Anyway, whether you like them or not, Gen V and VI are part of the Pokemon World now with all their oddities and so they should be eventually included in PWO. That's my two cents, and I'm saying that while I have my own issues with some of the new things those games mentioned above introduced.