Regarding Articuno Learnset

CoolKnightST

I nowtest that Articono learnset was still 2th generation what made him in fact easy to defeat in my eyes. In fact I beat him with an Charizard level 42 when the only resist that Articono dealt was spamming Agility and attacked with 1 Powder Snow.

This is the learnset for 5th generation: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/ ... o#Learnset

• Start - Gust (Flying/Special) - 40
  • Start - Powder Snow (Ice/Special) - 40
  • Level 8 - Mist (Ice/Status) - /
  • Level 15 - Ice Shard (Ice/Physical) - 40
  • Level 22 - Mind Reader (Normal/Status) - /
  • Level 29 - AncientPower (Rock/Special) - 60
  • Level 36 - Agility (Psychic/Status) - /
  • Level 43 - Ice Beam (Ice/Special) - 95
  • Level 50 - Reflect (Psychic/Status) - /
  • Level 57 - Roost (Flying/Status) - /
  • Level 64 - Tailwind (Flying/Status) - /
  • Level 71 - Blizzard (Ice/Special) - 120
  • Level 78 - Sheer Cold (Ice/Special) - /
  • Level 85 - Hail (Ice/Status) - /
  • Level 92 - Hurricane (Flying/Special) - 120

Currently Articuno only has Gust, Powder Snow, Mist, Agility, Mind Reader, Ice Beam, Reflect, Blizzard and Sheer Cold. Even it's not in his moveset I would like to see Wing Attack or Sky Attack in his learnset. Also not that all his attack are special attack in the offical system.

MaddHappy

While this is true, you have to remember that the X-mas event was open to everyone who had (3 badges from Kanto and 4 badges for Johto) so we are dealing with low level players who would have pokemon in the 20 - 40 range. I think this is the reason Articuno was at lvl 60 and not lvl 99 like Moltres. I could be wrong thought.

CoolKnightST

Yeah I was wondering why they didn't add an higher badge requirement on that cave. I gues he could be killed afther the 5th badge with pokémon arround the level 40. In theory on the 3th badge the pokémon are arround 30 and the 4th max 40. In theory they wouldn't have an chance against articuno. I think it's an bit said an legendary bird should be that low of an challenge because of an underboost moveset. I also wonder why his AI wasn't improved for this battle.

i read somewhere that staff cant pick the moves, i think. and it would be hard to do, too.

i am not worried because it is only for january, anyway. :) but the moltres is permanant in mt silver. i would like for people to have a chance if their lvl is lower.

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
It's not possible to directly set the moves for a battle NPC Poke.

rohan94117

i think u all should put one special attck for every legendary in pwo which cannot be learned by any poke in pwo

Puar

Youngster
One move comes to mind, but I dont think you or anyone else would like it very much...

CoolKnightST

I just think there should be add an exeption classes on the AI to make an differents between wild pokémon, trainers, gym leaders and legendary pokémon.

Now you think about attacks, what about Silver Wind? It's an bug move but that's maybe the one that can give something unique to his moveset. Other attack could be:
  • Icy Wind (Ice/Special) 55 power; can be learned by tutoring in the classic game
  • Signal Beam (Bug/Special) 75 power; can be learned by tutoring in the classic game
  • Sky Attack (Flying/Physical) 140 power; can be learned by tutoring (also the first physical move)
  • Hidden Power (Normal/Physical) - power; can be learned by TM (first physical move and it's kinda fit with legendary)