Red Returns

LittleRed

Some of you may or may not remember me, but I have rekindled some of my past interests in Pokemon and was like "Hey, I should think about maybe coming back to PWO". So here I am! I was a very active player going back in time to 2011, I was in a then existing guild called Dramander but I am pretty certain it must be abolished by now. I'm not exactly sure where I stand as to when I can physically come online since I have discovered that PWO is only Windows compatible and now I have a OS Mac El Capitan HD. I am not tech savvy and I'm exploring my options as to how I can get the .exe to work for me so if anyone has any Mac compatibility advice (and some success stories with them) they would be greatly appreciated!

I had some pretty fun times in the community when I was here and I think I remember writing some proposed quests and trying out for the mapping team ages ago! Perhaps I might resume writing, not sure! As for mapping it would take me forever to learn the map editor all over again so I think I will let the pro's do as they will with that! Anyways, I'm really excited for the day I can come online when I figure this all out, and I can't wait to see some familiar faces (and some new ones I suppose). Thx for hearing me out guys, cya around ;)

mad30

Youngster
You may be interested in this...

http://forum.pokemon-world-online.net/showthread.php?tid=5329

LittleRed

mad30 said:
You may be interested in this...

http://forum.pokemon-world-online.net/showthread.php?tid=5329

Like damn this thread is so outdated! I think we actually might've had 3-4 squads altogether instead of 2. But this is interesting to see some old names because I'm 99.9% I'm a lone survivor from that guild...maybe besides Choco if he's still a CG or GE whatever he later became.

My god, so much has changed with the Playerdex, I can't say I am used to it's new GUI, but it's new compatibility features seem incredible. I must ask, was the function to check your in-game pokemon storage removed from Playerdex? I probably won't be able to figure out getting PWO to work for me sometime as I've already tried the Wine Method and still could not get it to boot up. That's why I was interested to check online what I previously had in my pokemon storage but I can't seem to remember if I gave away/sold pokemon knowing that I was going inactive.

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
LittleRed said:
I must ask, was the function to check your in-game pokemon storage removed from Playerdex? I probably won't be able to figure out getting PWO to work for me sometime as I've already tried the Wine Method and still could not get it to boot up. That's why I was interested to check online what I previously had in my pokemon storage but I can't seem to remember if I gave away/sold pokemon knowing that I was going inactive.
It's still there, under "My Pokémon". Every Pokémon after the first six are in storage.
You can also now check your Released Pokémon by changing the "Options" on the same page :)

GawertyXL

Hmm. I remember seeing you around for a short bit in '11 but I never saw you again. I might be able to assist with getting the game to work on Mac, but i'll let you decide if you want the help or not, shoot me a pm.

Welcome back!

Goku-

Welcome back, LittleRed! I'd offer help on the whole mac situation but I'm a derp with that stuff. I hope the writing works out for you and you can return to being as active as before :) Hope to see you in game! Cheers.

Domani

I totally remember reading your old quests! They were some of the best. Maybe we'll get PWO working at the same time :3 that'd be the beez kneez

LittleRed

BoiledEggs said:
And there she goes. Welcome back and byezz.

Actually, I'm not dead. I just haven't been able to come online because I currently cannot afford to run software on my mac that would allow me to make a full comeback. I was previously getting help from someone but they randomly stopped, whatever. Maybe in a few more months I'll actually be able to make it happen. I actually found out that I have software to make it work, but my key is expired and I still have to wait a bit to pay for it to be re-activated by paying with a card. I wont get into my debit/credit card troubles, but long story short it actually can't happen for a few more months anyway xD

Electrofreak

LittleRed said:
BoiledEggs said:

Actually, I'm not dead. I just haven't been able to come online because I currently cannot afford to run software on my mac that would allow me to make a full comeback. I was previously getting help from someone but they randomly stopped, whatever. Maybe in a few more months I'll actually be able to make it happen. I actually found out that I have software to make it work, but my key is expired and I still have to wait a bit to pay for it to be re-activated by paying with a card. I wont get into my debit/credit card troubles, but long story short it actually can't happen for a few more months anyway xD

don't mind that guy anyway. he is just a troll that comes on forums to try and spark up problems. all of his post history has been nothing but trying to start crap. i think he was either banned or gave up. it is just someone without the courage to come say something on their main account.

GawertyXL

LittleRed said:
BoiledEggs said:

Hey I didn't give up! I had sent you a PM and never got a reply I thought, If I did i apologize :(

I can still search for some software to try and fix your mac troubles, I honestly am sorry and really didn't mean for it to be dragged out this long.

Domani

Your mac troubles can be easily fixed. By getting rid of a mac, and going pc. :p

LittleRed

Domani said:
Your mac troubles can be easily fixed. By getting rid of a mac, and going pc. :p

Except everything I'm being tasked with for school and an upcoming job rely on having a personal mac! I used to be so anti-mac back in the days when I did have a Windows xp, but that kinda broke and I knew I was going to have to make the switch regardless. :-\

Domani

LittleRed said:
Domani said:

Except everything I'm being tasked with for school and an upcoming job rely on having a personal mac! I used to be so anti-mac back in the days when I did have a Windows xp, but that kinda broke and I knew I was going to have to make the switch regardless. :-\

The struggle is real when you're forced to use a mac. But I totally understand. Macs are better for certain things as much as I hate to admit it, and there's no sense in having 2 computers if you can have 1 do everything you need. Hopefully you get it fixed soon!