Rate My Team

Mortuus16

Hi i'm new to competitive pokemon so please tell me i'm terrible and don't know what i'm doing. Anywayz can I get some constructive criticism on my team? I did some testing and I feel like my arcanine ais far too weak. What can I do to make it better or should I just swap it out for something else?

Snorlax
Ability: Immunity
EVs: 200 HP / 100 Def / 208 SpD
Careful Nature
- Crunch
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Curse

Steelix
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Ice Fang
- Double-Edge
- Stone Edge
- Gyro Ball

Arcanine
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Bite
- Flare Blitz
- Thunder Fang

Dragonite
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Aqua Tail
- Dragon Claw
- Wing Attack

Gengar
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Hypnosis
- Dream Eater
- Focus Blast

Ludicolo
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Blizzard
- Scald
- Focus Blast
- Mega Drain

Adham.Samir

Hi !
I know the best moveset for both Snorlax and Gengar.
Snorlax:
Belly Drum makes Snorlax pays half its max HP to max out its attack, Belly Drum isn't good for Snorlax because Snorlax has very low speed; So Snorlax will move secondly, After you use Belly Drum Snorlax will lose the half of it's HP and you will have to wait until the next turn to attack, In the next turn the opponent will attack first and finish Snorlax.
substitute Belly Drum with Curse, Curse makes Snorlax decreases its Speed but raise its Attack and Defense, Note that Snorlax don't need speed because it is so slow and Snorlax need to raise its Defense due to its weakness against the Fighting type pokemons.
Rest is very good move for Snorlax.
Giga Impact and Rollout aren't good for snorlax, Giga Impact has high power but it might miss and after Snorlax uses it he will have to forego its next turn to recharge, Rollout has low base power and until you maximise its power; Snorlax will be dead already.
substitute Giga Impact with Crunch, And substitute Rollout with Sleep Talk, Crunch has good enough power and maximum accuracy and it has a 20% chance to lower the opponent's Defense by one stage, Note that Snorlax use physical attacks; So Crunch can make Snorlax win easily.
Sleep Talk is a good combo with Rest; So Snorlax can move even when it is sleeping.

Gengar:
Dream Eater only works when the opponent is sleeping, So you need Hypnosis to put the opponent to sleep, Substitute Sludge Bomb with Hypnosis.
Shadow Ball is good to counter Ghost type pokemons and Psychic type pokemons, Focus Blast is good to counter Dark type
pokemons, Note that Gengar is weak against Dark, Ghost, Psychic, Ground type pokemons, Also note that Gengar can not learn any move counters Ground type pokemons.

Thank you and see you later.

Mortuus16

adhamsamir4 said:
Hi !
I know the best moveset for both Snorlax and Gengar.
Snorlax:
Belly Drum makes Snorlax pays half its max HP to max out its attack, Belly Drum isn't good for Snorlax because Snorlax has very low speed; So Snorlax will move secondly, After you use Belly Drum Snorlax will lose the half of it's HP and you will have to wait until the next turn to attack, In the next turn the opponent will attack first and finish Snorlax.
substitute Belly Drum with Curse, Curse makes Snorlax decreases its Speed but raise its Attack and Defense, Note that Snorlax don't need speed because it is so slow and Snorlax need to raise its Defense due to its weakness against the Fighting type pokemons.
Rest is very good move for Snorlax.
Giga Impact and Rollout aren't good for snorlax, Giga Impact has high power but it might miss and after Snorlax uses it he will have to forego its next turn to recharge, Rollout has low base power and until you maximise its power; Snorlax will be dead already.
substitute Giga Impact with Crunch, And substitute Rollout with Sleep Talk, Crunch has good enough power and maximum accuracy and it has a 20% chance to lower the opponent's Defense by one stage, Note that Snorlax use physical attacks; So Crunch can make Snorlax win easily.
Sleep Talk is a good combo with Rest; So Snorlax can move even when it is sleeping.

Gengar:
Dream Eater only works when the opponent is sleeping, So you need Hypnosis to put the opponent to sleep, Substitute Sludge Bomb with Hypnosis.
Shadow Ball is good to counter Ghost type pokemons and Psychic type pokemons, Focus Blast is good to counter Dark type
pokemons, Note that Gengar is weak against Dark, Ghost, Psychic, Ground type pokemons, Also note that Gengar can not learn any move counters Ground type pokemons.

Hey, thanks for your input! I was going to choose Curse for my Snorlax but I couldn't find it on the wiki so I assumed it wasn't in the game. If i'm wrong about that then yes I'll definitely put it on. As for Gengar, the wiki also doesn't state that the pokemon needs to be asleep for Dream Eater to work so I hope I don't need to change it :)

Adham.Samir

Hi !
You will not find Curse on the wiki, But still you can teach your Snorlax Curse, Note that my Snorlax knows Curse.
Snorlax can learn Curse via Move Breeding, To teach your Snorlax Curse; Go to Kanto Daycare Center in Route 5 then talk to Move Breeder Jackii, Or go to Johto Daycare Center in Route 34 then talk to Move Breeder Perry, After you talk to the NPC, Choose the pokemon that you want to teach it the move(which is Snorlax), Then choose the pokemon that will teach the move(which is Slowpoke), Note that the only pokemon who can teach Snorlax Curse is Slowpoke, Also note that Slowpoke must have Curse in its moveset.
As for Dream Eater, The wiki doesn't state that the pokemon needs to be asleep to use Dream Eater; Because they didn't update it yet, If you used Dream Eater in the game, It will not work, So you still need Hypnosis.