Rarity: What's Your Perception?

EcoWOLFrb

Youngster
I have a few questions for all of PWO, to provide insight to myself, and hopefully any staff who may come across this thread. I'd like to know, before anything is changed, what you all think of the current rarity system we have and what belongs where. Please answer the following questions with the material provided, and feel free to go more in-depth and elaborate your particular answers, as well as provide additional information you feel is relevant or opinions.

Highest Rarity (HR)
Larvitar, Chancey, Smeargle, Magby/Magmar, Elkid,Houndour, Skarmory, Mantine, Sneasel, Heracross, Pineco, Slowking, Sudowoodo, Bellossom, Togepi, Dratini/Dragonaire, Snorlax/Fossil Pokemon, Eevee, Lapras, Mr.Mime, Kangaskhan, Hitmonchan, Cubone
1- Please choose 5-10 of these pokemon that you feel are rightfully among the hardest pokemon to obtain in the game, pokemon that you think represent the highest prestige and achievement in the entire game. Which Pokemon do you feel are undeserving of this category, and why?

2nd Highest rarity (VR)
Miltank, Hitmontop/tyrogue, Remoraid, Slugma, Qwilfish, Gligar, Dunsparce, Wobbuffet, Murkrow, Aipom, Marill, Ditto, Tauros, Pinsir, Jynx, Scyther, Staryu, Shellder, Pikachu, Carvanha, Delibird
2- Please choose 5-10 of these pokemon that you feel are in their correct placement among rarity in the category of VR, and explain why you feel that way. After that, please choose pokemon you think should be either raised, or lowered in rarity and explain your statements.

3rd Highest Rarity (R)
Abra, Clefairy, Exeggcute, Farfetch'd, Gastly, Growlithe, jigglypuff, Lickitung, Makuhita, Misdreavus, Onix, Phanpy, Ponyta, Rhyhorn, Snubbull, Teddiursa, Vulpix, Yanma
3- Same as question 2, please state what pokemon should remain Rare, be raised to VR, and lowered to Common... explain why.

Commons​
http://iblamelee.co.uk/pwo/wiki/index.p ... ory:Common
4- Provided above is a list of commons, please provide a list of any pokemon that you feel should be harder to obtain. This could include any reasoning from favoritism, battle potential, or cool factor. Any reasoning is acceptable except the desire for personal gain.

fOxys

As a player , I'd like to share my opinion .
In the case of HR pokemons consider Larvitar , Dratini , Eevee , Lapras , Snorlax , Kangaskhan , Togepi worthy of that status because I think these are the most prestigious Pokémon that can be found in PWO . I have to point out the value of these Pokemon in battles and I think your difficulty is good as is .

As for the other HR , I think that many would come down to VR or even R. VR could be Heracross , Sneasel , Skarmory , Chansey , fossil pokemon , Hitmonchan , Mantine , Slowking , belosson , Houndour .
If we compare the amount of pokemon fire to electric Pokemon , there is a big gap so I guess that could be Elekid Rare and many other pokemon like Cubone , Pineco , Magby .

No pokemon fire as there Comm .

Sudowoodo and Smeargle I compare the Girafarig is C.

About VR and R does not have much to say , but in the case of being a planned restructuring , I think you ought to introduce new Pokemon in the game as HR or other rarities because the players are starting to get bored of having the same things be to catch up, the game already has a lot of time and the older players need new incentives to keep playing and not the greatest difficulties in catching Pokemon .
If they can introduce new Pokemon in the events , why the can not do in the game ?
I leave this matter in the air .

Thanks for Eco initiative. ;)

Stay cool guys! :)

EcoWOLFrb

Youngster
Should be HR: Larvitar, Heracross, Togepi, Dratini/Dragonair, Snorlax, Eevee, Lapras, Kangaskhan.
I feel these are the most desired pokemon on the current HR list. Pseudo legends should never be anything but the hardest to obtain as they are often icons of the generations. Many of these also hold, and will continue to hold battle potential.
Undeserving of being HR: Smeargle, Mantine, Sneasel, Pineco, Slowking, Mr.Mime, Cubone, Hitmonchan. All of these but the last shows a complete lack of interest with most players, and a lac of value in the market. None are extraordinary pokemon, and simply dirty the title of HR in my opinion.

Solid VRs: Hitmontop/tyrogue, Tauros, Pinsir, Scyther, Staryu, Pikachu, Gligar, Marill Miltank (maybe)
These pokemon aren't so desired that they should be the epitome of success in the game, but they're certainly not low enough on the totem pole to be rare. Hitmonchan and hitmonlee, if hitmontop and tyrogue are VR, should br VR as well. I was thinking pikachu should be easier, but I suppose people have some affinity for it, even though it won't even sell for 50k on average anymore. :-\
VR's that should be rare: Delibird (obviously), Qwilfish, Dunsparce
I simply chose the obvious choices for me, these are all kind of lame pokemon that, even if they were common I wouldn't want to have in my collection, shiny or not.

Rares that should be Raised to VR, or in-between: Ponyta
This is the only desired pokemon here that wouldn't cause too much commotion if the rarity was raised, it's not common to see shinies of them so there wouldn't be a huge lag for the new rarity to be realized. There also wouldn't be any uproar that it helps new players get into the battle scene.
Should be lowered to Common: Snubbull, Farfetch'd
They aren't really prized as rares currently anyway, and there's essentially no love for them.

Commons that should be rare: Girafarig, Mareep, Mankey
Girafarig, and Mareep are popular, mankey will be a decent battler with the additions of just a few TMs.

psychosamm

Youngster
Horribly Rare
Rightfully HR: Dratini, Snorlax, Eevee, Lapras, Larvitar. These are pokemon that i think most people would agree should be the hardest to obtain solely based on how much they are desired by players, then adding on top of it how most of them are known to be difficult to find even further reinforces that.

Could be lowered in rarity: Mr.Mime, Cubone, Houndour, Smeargle, Skarmory, Mantine, Sneasel. These aren't really well known in lore to be especially rare, also the desire to obtain these pokemon is low so to have them at the highest difficulty doesn't make much sense. As for the rest i'm indifferent.

Very Rare
Rightfully VR: Scyther, Staryu, Pikachu, Miltank, Tauros, Pinsir. These i believe are perfect in the VR Category, as they are desired but not enough to be worth hunting for hours on end.
Could be lowered: Qwilfish, Dunsparce, Murkrow, Slugma. These are pretty worthless pokemon in my opinion so they aren't worth VR status to me, personally. The rest i am indifferent on what happens to them.

Rare
Rightfully Rare: Growlithe, Vulpix, Onix, Ponyta, Abra, Gastly, Rhyhorn. These i believe are good in the rare slot because though they are good battlers, they aren't known in the lore to be extremely rare, (growlithe is a common pet) so they seem to fit with the category.
Could be lowered: Snubbull, Jigglypuff, Farfetch'd. These i dont believe are deserving of the Rare category whatsoever because they are 1) undesired, and 2) not known to be uncommon. The rest i don't care about.

All the current commons are just fine the way they are in my opinion, and changing any to be more rare in my opinion would be pointless because of how many are already floating around, it just wouldn't accomplish anything.