Quests

CoolKnightST

It's been a while I played this game but I decided to post this anyway.

I always found the "Viridian Forest Quest" a little bit strange. It's a nice quest, but it litterly forces every pwo player in the game to get a Butterfree. I'm not saying it's a bad thing. A Butterfree can be really usefull with his Sleep Powder to help catching pokemon. And the ability to learn Confusion to help against the first gym. But overal this leaves the option of choice in the dust. Even if Butterfree is the better pick. It generaly reduce the amount of players that will go for a Beedrill in their party.

What if whe change the quest to: "Catch & Evolve a bug pokemon". This will make it possible to finish the quest by catch & evolve a Caterpie, Metapod, Weedle or Kakuna.

But than whe arrive in the Viridian Forest Clearing. Basicly an area specialy designed to own the first gym:
  • Bellsprout: Grass > Rock
  • Nidoran Male: Learns Double Kick on level 9
  • Oddish: Grass > Rock
  • Nidoran Female: Learns Double Kick on level 9
  • Psyduck: Water > Rock
  • Tangela: Grass > Rock
  • Butterfree
  • Goldeen: Water > Rock

It might be intressting to rework that catch pool a little bit.

-----------
Than whe arrived to the Rock Tunnel. And I was thinking what if whe replace the quest their with a Clefairy quest. The gives you access to the Moon by going into their spaceship. Ones on the Moon you can encounter other fairy pokemon like Cleffa & Igglybuff.

For Johto they can open the The Ruins of Alph where you can find those Unown's.

In both locations you can work with floors that are unlocked after obtaining some badges where you will encounter stronger fairy pokemon & stronger Unown's. Maybe on the bottom floor of the Ruins of Alph you need to fight Entei.