Questions and Answers: June

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
Here's the latest answers to the latest questions we were sent. We'll probably do another one of these for next month so keep hold of your questions till then.

Are you thinking of instituting a Day Care for the game in the foreseeable future, if at all?
Jinji: It has been discussed, but there's been no plans as of yet.
Stank: I would personally love to see an in game daycare System in the future, but there are a lot more important thigs to take care of first.
Crenel: Not in the foreseeable future but it isn't off the table.

Why are evolution stones now 1.5k instead of the 15k they used to be?
Stank: A lot of prices on items were lowered, such as bikes and surfboards, they used to cost 10Mill a piece!

Should we put a Fly in so use can fly around the regions easier, but paying 5,000 coins each time you use it?
Crenel: We intend on having HMs and/or HM-like abilities in the game, but we're not sure when we'll be ready to announce a plan.

How often does somebody give out the tokens? - I know it takes someone to manually do them, but do you have a set timetable for when someone gives out the tokens e.g. Once a week.
Blue: There isn't a set timetable as such, but I try and do them every 3 days if possible and aim to do a page or 2 at a time. Though due to PC issues, this is not possible to stick to right now.
Jinji: I try to deal with them when I have time as well; sadly I find myself occupied by a large number of activities lately for various people.

The "Mart" will come out soon in Playerdex, what is this about? Like an Auction House?
Blue: Yes, as such.

I have noticed that if/when the server goes down (I presume crashing), it is restarted during certain periods of time. I'm just curious as to whether this is due to all the team members who can restart it being within the same time zone (roughly)?? As in it conflicts with more than one persons schedule i.e sleep/work etc.
Blue: Both myself and Jinji share the timezone, though usually our sleep schedules are messed up. At times we can randomly be up at 5am. Thugie is a different timezone though.

Is the team a predominantly male group?
Blue: Yes?! Yes.
Zebras: Yes, but it doesn't affect anything in terms of how staff work together/how we treat each other, etc.
Stank: Of course it is, you all should know there is no such thing as girls on the internet. But in all seriousness I believe there are only 3 females on the staff presently.
Crenel: Believe it or not there have been a handful of periods where we've had more active female staff on board than male.

Are you able to submit some form of list of things the team is working on? Just so we all know what to look forward to in up and coming months.
Blue: Anything that we feel the public needs to know is usually posted in topics, on Twitter or our changelogs. Any suggestions we've also decided to take on, will also be marked as 'In progress' on the Suggestion Box.
Stank: Keep an eye on the Change Log section of the forums, most small updaters done by the staff are logged there as well.

How many team members are there who take on the responsibilities of programming/updating as opposed to game moderators/ Community Guides?? I'm also curious as to Bluerise's and Crenel's role, as from my opinion the two of you seem to be rather high up in the team.
Blue: Generally programming wise Developers and usually there is a case of Administrators getting involved on smaller things. Game Content itself tends to be split between Game Editors, Administrators and the revelant content group for the project.
Crenel: For all intents and purposes, the Administrator is the top position. That isn't a factual or correct statement, but it makes it much easier to understand how things currently work.

Is there any thoughts as to creating new battle scenarios?? Like 2v2 both NPC and PVP battles alike?? And how do you guys rate the idea of pvp tournaments, but worldwide as in filtering it from a large number of tournaments to the winners from each heat progressing, until there is one crowned the Ares of PWO??
Jinji: It is hoped that when PWO finally finishes the long-overdue overhaul of its battle system, we will be able to look into more varied battle scenarios.

Which pokemon is the most powerful pokemon?
Jinji: Gengars; and any doubters will be advised to sleep with one eye open.
In all seriousness, there's no such thing as a most powerful Pokémon - every species has their strengths and weaknesses and every Pokémon differs in unique ways. As a Trainer, it's up to you to build your team's strengths, while also isolating their weaknesses and countering for them. Even the lowliest Pokémon like a Ratatta has been proven able to beat Legendaries with clever tactics...

Zebras: Kakuna is godly.
But no, serious answer, the battle system IS broken, so there are some unbalances. Pokemon like Salamence, Dragonite, etc reign supreme right now, which is a shame because my epic noctowl team gets destroyed in PvP. Ohwell. If you're asking this because you wanna get super mega powerful, you can go with the general PvP tier of pokemon. I, however, prefer to use what I like. I have way more fun sending out level 96 delibirds than I do using Tauros or whomever.

Stank: Almost any Pokemon can be powerful, if used right, against the right opponent, But to me it seems as though that is all the community cares about is power and whining. Before I became staff, my main focus was on hunting what I liked and using those pokes. That's why the battles in pwo get so stale some times, everyone is using the same pokemon and sucks the fun out of it.
Crenel: Delibird or Seedot or something, I dunno. Which one had the movie about it?

Why is it that every time a Pokemon evolves, the EXP points are in the negative. Example: -7219/ 9000
Domani: A new experience formula was implemented intending to make the game more challenging. This ended up creating negative experience due to the evolutions having a higher base stat.

Where are you from?
Blue: I'm presuming this is targetted at me, but i'll aim it at other staff too. Blighty!
Jinji: The Other Side. But the body by which you know me best is also an Englishman.
Zebras: I am a teenage female on the internet. That's a dangerous situation to be telling where you're from.
Stank: Central Illinois...I'm surrounded by the Corn and Soy bean oceans.
Crenel: Take your pick: Narnia, Latveria, Sealand, Oa, Transylvania (not the vampire one).

How is leading PWO since the founders left?
Zebras: I dunno, I was only really around here during Zammbi's reign and even then, I've never really lead PWO. But, aside from needing more coding done, everything else isn't going half bad at all from what I have seen.
Stank: PWO is now owned by CodeCore Entertainment, which is led by DEVs Xanatus and Shane.
Crenel: Hour grammer and spelling is more good.

Why do registration keys expire?
Blue: I see no reason for them not to expire, if we left them to exist - it would be a waste of memory.
Jinji: Because everything expires some time...

Why do you compare IPs or whatever it is you do between when someone requests the key and tries to register it?
Blue: This was originally raised up between staff whether we wanted this in place or not. Due to rules etc that are in place, basically the idea was to prevent 'key sharing'. We want people to apply for keys themselves and not rely on other people to do it for them. Eg. Someone who is banned being given a key from a regular newcomer.

Why are you the only person that is able to help with account problems? Isn't there a support staff?
Blue: I'm not the only member of staff able to help with them.

Is PWO LGBT-friendly?
Stank: We are friendly to ALL people of every race, gender, religion, and relationship preference. However, we do ask that things are kept PG in discussions and such as children do play this game.
Crenel: Yes -- we've had multiple members of the LGBT community both in our staff ranks and amongst our players, and continue to be open minded as we move toward the future. The only thing we're missing is the little green circle with the pink triangle in it.

Will PWO ever have a Mac OS X client? if yes, around when will it release? i have seen a post about an ALPHA 2 version or mac, but the download link gives me a 404.
Blue: Currently no plans for a client for Macs.
Domani: There is a way to get PWO on a Mac. you can find the walkthrough here. http://forum.pokemon-world-online.net/showthread.php?tid=1585
Jinji: We would like to look into wider system support in the future, however.

Why don't you guy hire more people who can take care of donation and getting token?
Blue: It's not a case of hiring people. In order to provide tokens currently, it's requires a member of staff who has database access which is split between the Administrator and Developer groups.

Is There an update close.. maybe releasing Hoenn or Abilities?
Blue: No and no.

When will we able to make our pokemon lvl to 100 again?
Crenel: After we update our experience system, whenever that may be.

Why pwo developers and admins are not active?If they will be active negative exp and other errors will fix more soon.
Blue: The Administrator group is active.

How far is PWO wanting or planning to go, what I mean by that is adding regions and pokemon.
Blue: Rather than simply following the games, I would like for us to put our own spin - by that I mean our own customs regions in the future.

What is the reason for keeping the level cap at 99?
Zebras: The 96 level cap and the 99 level cap were part of some sort of security thing. It was supposed to help discourage hacking. No I do not know the logic behind that and the decision was not made by active staff members.
Crenel: The experience system, which is undergoing scrutiny and redesign as we speak.

Are there going to be new spawns, for pokemon any time soon?
Zebras: Balancing spawns to make them more accurate to the original games has been discussed. However, as for randomly adding new pokemon to pre-existing maps, I dunno. Wouldn't things get crowded?

I've heard people say that hoenn cant be finished until the client is able to handle certain things, is that even remotely being worked on at all or planned to be anytime soon?
Blue: Will happen at some point.

Do you have any cookies?
Blue: Yes and both the Playerdex and Forums give you some.
Zebras: @Blue: You liar, I've never been handed cookies from my computer after visiting the playerdex. You should fix this immediately.
Stank: No, do you? If so GIMME!

Are you guys going to do another tourney like the legendary cup anytime soon?
Jinji: It's not been discussed recently; but never say never.
Zebras: I'm not in charge of this stuff so I'm not sure, but I think having another event where a legendary is obtainable...well, it would just be too soon for that to happen again, in my opinion.
Stank: You never know. If/when another one is planned, it will be announced through the announcements section of the forums, and possibly the Twitter.

Are there any plans to add the Generation 3, 4 and 5 pokemons and areas?
Blue: For 5, long way off but yes. It's planned.

Will you consider nerfing the bonuses that membership adds?
Zebras: I don't see why we would. As a longtime player/staff member of PWO, and as one that has only had membership rarely, I personally don't find it needing a nerf. While there is a division between those who do and do not donate, it is not a gap that normal players cannot overcome. I absolutely assure you that, for as long as I am in staff, I will bug the crap out of my co-workers if PWO starts getting overly greedy. I despise those "Free to play but only fun if you pay" games. They disgust me. Nonetheless, how to make membership more efficient/balanced is being discussed.
If you disagree with this though, feel free to make a topic about it on the forums and we can debate.

Crenel: Membership is something that we've been looking at for a while. We'll update you once we've progressed more.

Are there plans to provide all the information regarding PWO to the Wiki? There are quite a few missing pokemons from it as well.
Blue: We try to help the wiki staff when possible with providing information.
Domani: As soon as I get finished with my move I plan on putting my main focus on editing the wiki.
Crenel: You're always welcome to apply to help.

Do you think, those of us who are *in progress* will ever get our tokens? Also are there plans to improve the token/donation system?
Blue: I'm pushing for it, I encourage people to email <!-- e --><a href="mailto:xanaden@googlemail.com">xanaden@googlemail.com</a><!-- e --> and let them know i'm waiting on them. The issue we believe with the token/donation system currently relates to Paypal settings - the staff are bringing up this issue every so often. It's something we want change on ourselves.

Will there ever be a story in PWO? If so will it involve Team Rocket?
Zebras: Back when I was a lowly...um, whatever I was back in 2010, Quest Writing was all the rage. However, players were told (so that they could write accurate quests) that PWO's timeline occurs 15 years AFTER Team Rocket disbanded. (In other words, after the events of Gold/Silver/Crystal). So for them to come back wouldn't quite make sense in PWO's timeline. Then again, I guess we could always make Team Rocket say "We have returned! ...Again! For the third time!" but that seems silly to me.
Crenel Yes, no.

Have you guys ever considered taking concepts for a storyline from some of the fanfics in the forum? For example, Crisis of the Regions?
Crenel: Speaking only for myself, no. I don't think that anything like that has been discussed within the staff.

Before we even get to Hoenn, is there any plan on when Mt. Silver will be accessible?
Stank: It has been discussed, but its not 100% certain when it will be opened.

Will character skins ever become available for players? For instance the Red, Leaf, Lyra, Ethan, Lucas, Dawn, Hilbert and Hilda skins for users so that we dont always look like Brendan and May all the time?
Blue: Character customisation is something I want to happen by the end of the year. Even if it's something as basis as being able to change to a different fixed sprite.

This was probably asked in the last Question list but when will Tm's and Hm's become available again?
Jinji: You imply they were available in the past. I don't believe PWO has ever had these; but we are considering ideas for their inclusion some time in the future.
Crenel: Again? They weren't available before.

What is it that the staff would like from the players to make their jobs easier? Is there anything we can do to help you guys?
Blue: Players can help by helping the community, providing feedback and not overstepping boundaries.
Zebras: Be positive to each other. I can't tell you how many times I was trying to work on something else when somebody started a fight for no reason, and I ended up having to calm it down. Seriously, even if you're frustrated, try to be a positive influence. Don't undermine each other, just be happy! It will pay itself forward and best of all staff won't have to deal with petty "He started it!" arguments.
Stank: The best thing you guys can do help us is If you guys find glitches or errors, report them, so we can get them taken care of, so we can bring you guys the best game we possibly can.
Crenel: Apply to help work on the wiki (and actively contribute to it). Help us by helping each other -- it's less on our plates.

Will there ever be breeding and eggs in this game?
Jinji: This only makes sense if Day Caring was also implemented as an in-game feature. See above.

Is it possible to make NPC's stronger when travelling to new regions? For example, You start in Kanto and everyone is the lvl they are supposed to be. You beat Kanto and go to Johto but only the Gym Leaders are stronger while the average trainers are still using lvl 7 Rattata... will there be a system where ALL of the trainers become epic stronger if you are coming from another region?
Blue: It's something we plan to look into at a later point.

Will there ever be a PP limit to moves?
Jinji: I am told this was a proposed plan for the future battle system; but it's been a while since I heard much about it.
Zebras: This hasn't even been discussed in any areas I have access to. However, wouldn't grinding exp be a pain with it? My own personal opinion (an opinion that doesn't reflect on that of other staff), is that if PP is implemented, it should be PvP only.
Crenel: Absolutely.

Any plans on making things like proteins, calcium and things, buyable and useable?
Zebras: Long ago, the mayor of Cerulean used to sell useless "attack boost" and "defense boost" items. I believe PWO would like to get to the point where they would work properly, but right now they haven't been discussed as much as other things (such as adding more content, debates about who should do what, and Crenel lagging out my computer with a topic about bubbly beverages.)

Is there a plan to make potions work outside of battle?

Do you guys think that since everything is now in order, the Playerdex Mart will be released near its planned date?
Blue: Kind of hard to say but no, not very likely. After having my PC repaired, it has died again in less than 24 hours. I'll keep people updated.

When are you going to reintroduce item trade?
Blue: Hasn't really been thought about, but i'm getting we can possibly consider it for when the Mart is live as the Mart will be able to remove duplicate items.

Will we be able to get the Soothe Bell without tokens?
Blue: Mart when live.

Will there be a NPC daycare?
Blue: At the moment, no.

Blue ~

To note: We'll move Questions and Answers topics to the Questions and Answers forum a few weeks after being posted.

GawertyXL

Lol, nice job all the staff that provided feedback! i appreciate this trove of information :)

ash.catchem

Youngster
good work... that clears up a lot..

btw I too send questions to blue via forum PM as subject PWOQAA (as how you said to ask questions), but didn't see any of my answers, was there any problem.. :(?
though i asked on last date on 3rd.. but it was last date..
if there was problem then let me know..

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
If your questions aren't included, then there were likely none staff who answered.

PkmnMasterRed

Thanks for answering and clearing up a lot of things.

Wish you all the best of luck in your attempts to make this game better.

Friko

I the question regarding calcium and whatnot, calcium and protean are NOT stat boosters in battle, they are EV training Items, They work by giving a pokemon 10 EV's in a specific stat, ex. Protein is +10 EV's in attk. So, having them implemented would be the same as having EV training implemented, and that would offset PWO's balance of battles (based purely on IV's) Crenel....do your research ;) same for you zebby.

G

and Crenel lagging out my computer with a topic about bubbly beverages.)

Wait what?

g122 said:
I the question regarding calcium and whatnot, calcium and protean are NOT stat boosters in battle, they are EV training Items, They work by giving a pokemon 10 EV's in a specific stat, ex. Protein is +10 EV's in attk. So, having them implemented would be the same as having EV training implemented, and that would offset PWO's balance of battles (based purely on IV's) Crenel....do your research ;) same for you zebby.

Crenel didn't say anything about that, so like, uh, be more negative I guess? I'm pretty sure someone making a Pokemon game would know what EVs are girlfriend.

crenel

Youngster
@g122: These were all answered by us independently. My response of "absolutely" was in regards to those items being available, not as a confirmation of or agreement with Zebra's statement. I'm very positive that everyone on the staff knows what EVs are and how they work -- I can't fault Zebra for not knowing how an item that never functioned correctly was intended to work, and you shouldn't either.

@Baroness: Please don't provoke other users, regardless of the statement(s) or tone(s) they might be taking.

CheckeredZebra

Youngster
Honestly, I was told some time, long ago that they were EV based, although the my intention of mentioning those items was mostly to add a "fun fact" for others to know about. I didn't word it clearly, but it was to show PWO has several broken items we'd like to get working again.

Also I believe the battle boost items you're thinking about are "x attack" and "x defense" in official games. So, the items the mayor sold could be completely unrelated, like I was lead to believe.

Zain

Youngster
sorry if this question has been answered, but when will staff be able to update the playerdex with fixes? sorry if this question irritate you or
what some people do *facepalm* >.< but im not familiar with this , so im just asking :/

and yes it has cleared a lot of things, this cleared up to 10questions that were in my mind
thanks staf!!!!

psychosamm

Youngster
Since i didnt get an answer in the May section i'll repost it :)

Here's a good question i thought up:

What are a few large scale updates that we will be seeing in the near future? Updates that will be noticeable to the players and ultimately change PWO for the better.

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
We'll probably do another one of these for next month so keep hold of your questions till then.

If you submitted the question for this one and it isn't answered, we have no answer of which we can provide.

Stank

Youngster
psychosamm said:
Since i didnt get an answer in the May section i'll repost it :)

Here's a good question i thought up:

What are a few large scale updates that we will be seeing in the near future? Updates that will be noticeable to the players and ultimately change PWO for the better.
Well if we told you now, what fun would that be? We prefer most large updates to stay secret until they are ready.

kurtisbmx

bigdidy said:
Heyyy When Is The friend MS Coming Back???

would also like to know this if possible ....do u have a rough time frame for the mart to be online ?

Xtr3meShAd0w

Hy guys i have a question. Sorry if my english is bad im german. I wanted to log me in with the client but it always says that he cant connect to the PWO Server and that is seems that the server is off please help me.

darkdane

Sounds like some interesting subjects, I like the fact about changing characters and Mt. Silver being put into play possibly soon... Can wait everything works out

Status
Not open for further replies.