Pwo's Economy?

CheckeredZebra

Youngster
Technically yes, but does a crapton of money just to buy a pidgey sound like a good idea? D: Now obviously, it wouldn't have to be at that point.

Hard part would honestly be balancing this, and even determining if selling for 1.5mil is such a bad thing. Does it narrow the gap between new players and donating/vet players, while still determining a definite advantage for the latter? Or does it make the line nearly indistinguishable?

Merse

Youngster
SouljaH said:
maybe u should re read what i wrote... buying 3m for 1 token not buying 1 token for 3m...being able to buy money from the store is that more simple for u to understand ?
I like people who become rude instantly :)

It is already a huge issue that we have too much money in the game. Why would we want to make more inflow possible? And being able to buy money for tokens would not only hurt the economy, but also make only IRL rich players to rich in PWO as well. They can spare several dollars by not buying Pokemons which may have bad stats (bad stats slaking: 5m, tokens value with your method 15m), but buy money and buy the good pokes the others sell.

crenel

Youngster
My Nidoqueen wasn't evolved because I wanted to sell it, it was evolved because I wanted a ******* Nidoqueen. I whined enough to catch Xanatus's attention and it became the test dummy for the evolution system and the first stone-based evolution to work correctly.

My Nidoqueen didn't get evolved because I wanted money or good stats, I just like it. Don't be so elitist. Put the calculator away.

crenel

Youngster
Here is how to fix the economy:
1. Normalize Shiny stats
2. Lower member encounter rate to 1/8192 and remove member cash boost
3. Correct experience growth to make high-level Pokemon more common
4. Update spawns to include day/night/etc, more dropped item variety and no money drops
5. Improve fishing
6. Improve the NPC system across the board
7. Add new items to the game
8. Lower the cost of surfboards, introduce running shoes
9. Continue to improve the battle system
10. Add in customization of player sprites
11. Reset all money on all accounts to 3000 $P after and only after the above is accomplished

Half of that list is unpopular with the older/richer/more stuck-up players.

kurtisbmx

crenel said:
1. Normalize Shiny stats
4. Update spawns to include day/night/etc, more dropped item variety and no money drops
5. Improve fishing
11. Reset all money on all accounts to 3000 $P after and only after the above is accomplished

Half of that list is unpopular with the older/richer/more stuck-up players.

if this happen alot of players and main donations these older players give would leave pwo.

Merse

Youngster
crenel said:
1. Normalize Shiny stats
5. Improve fishing
1. Agreed
2. In this case, lower non-members rate to 1/15k
3. Disagreed. This is an MMO, getting max level should be hard.
4. Agreed
5. Improve like make more species catchable, or how?
6. Agreed
7. Agreed. Especially TMs
8. Disagreed. Why should thinks to be made easier? Agreed
9. Agreed
10. Agreed. For a cost of course
11. Disagreed. I don't think you should punish players who keep their assets in money and not in Pokemon. A proportional reduction in monetary assets could be considered (0% under 1m, 5% 1m-10m, 10% 10m-100m, 30% 100m-250m, 50% 250m-990m for example)

crenel

Youngster
Merse said:
1. Agreed
2. In this case, lower non-members rate to 1/15k
3. Disagreed. This is an MMO, getting max level should be hard.
4. Agreed
5. Improve like make more species catchable, or how?
6. Agreed
7. Agreed. Especially TMs
8. Disagreed. Why should thinks to be made easier? Agreed
9. Agreed
10. Agreed. For a cost of course
11. Disagreed. I don't think you should punish players who keep their assets in money and not in Pokemon. A proportional reduction in monetary assets could be considered (0% under 1m, 5% 1m-10m, 10% 10m-100m, 30% 100m-250m, 50% 250m-990m for example)
2. There's no need for members to have additional money. Removing current membership benefits doesn't prevent us from replacing them with other benefits that don't manipulate or alter the standard and natural progression of game play. Changing it to such a small ratio is frivolous to the point of senselessness.
3. The difference is that you're not leveling yourself up, you're leveling up six different weapons. There's no reason why it should be as tedious (read: not hard, just time consuming) as it currently is to get six Pokemon to max level, as it does nothing but isolate players and make lower level Pokemon exponentially less valuable than higher level Pokemon.
5. As in, improve the system to be more than a click spam time sink. It needs to have some meat to it beyond "buy item --> stand near water --> claim you're not botting".
7. TMs are not a priority. Items such as Great Balls and more practical tools such as Repels are.
8. Lowering the cost of the surfboard doesn't make getting a surfboard easier. It makes it a lower investment, which means that new players will access it sooner, which means players will progress faster, which means that more people will be exposed to the market. All of that directly translates into a healthier environment both for players and the economy.
11. Players need to stop feeling as though updates are punishing them and realize that giving them a clean slate and a healthy environment to grow into eliminates the problem of a "bad economy". Older players are quick to complain about the state of their wallets, but very reserved when it comes to allowing us to take action. I'm against random wealth cuts and random redistributions of wealth (such as what you've proposed) because they don't correct anything. Resetting the economy as the final phase of a sweeping series of updates that would shake it up is logical and rational. "taxing" people is irrational and counter-productive.

Players take things too personally and hold too much personal attachment to obnoxiously broken things and have done so for years. See:
kurtisbmx said:
if this happen alot of players and main donations these older players give would leave pwo.
We're not going to do anything that isn't in the best interests of the entire game. We're also not going to do anything that a loud and childish minority of players is whining about. That's why Shiny Pokemon haven't been completely normalized yet despite the fact that I've campaigned for it for around four years and despite the fact that all of the problems I talked about four years ago have finally reached that breaking point where we're seeing topics pop up discussing how shiny Pokemon are worthless and how there's too many shiny Pokemon and all of that crap. Wake up guys.

Nikola

Youngster
-Many of the "fresh" pokemons on scene is achieved by speedhackers and ban evaders. Hackers are becoming smart and they keep coming here educated. 80% of them aren't even appealing on their ban. There is many pokemons in circulation caught by them. Above all server cap was 650 now its almost double as it was before. That means almost double amount of new players. Doing a simple math can tell you why shiny commons and rares became so cheap. Decreasing shiny encounter to 200% instead of current 300%..why not?
-Donation system has changed, no more waiting on Mr. Xan to move up his *** to authorize tons of receipts. I have waited almost half year to get tokens and almost got scammed since i was forced to buy them from others, but now i can get them instantly. Token price used to be 5/6 mils due lacking of them. Now they are going for 3 mils or even 1.5 each. Someone mentioned few times in trade channel "sell token for 1 mil pc me" and that's enough to prevent others buying from you for 4/5 each even if that person was a scammer they don't know that. Since token price is cheap UCs itself became cheap(bad stat ones).
-You will not see epics going for less as they were going before. Their price is almost same as it was before. Players don't need "fail" pokemons that is why they are cheap (Ucs, Hrs etc). Leave or take simple fact among traders.
-Nerfed pokemons also lost their value many times over. Dragonite and Tauros mostly. Those 2 are eyes catchy since they were overused in battles using broken moves. While pokemons with Solarbeam, FutureSight etc aren't nerfed even if they are having broken moves. Truth is many pokemons are now working perfectly due previous move update. You can count on left hand fingers how many of them are broken now and if they are broken they are nerfed which makes some sort of "ideal balance" in game. In my opinion "pay for having" pokemons like Flygon, Metagross and many others should be updated in a first place to prevent getting them cheap and selling them for big money once they get updated. Thing is they will be obtainable soon when they found natural habitat for them or w/e.
-New playerdex mart gives hope at some point to players. Adding pokemons from banned/deleted accounts there with fixed price or w/e can change things. And make way to PWO's market equilibrium more easy. Things should be more "ideal" and not better. You can interpret meaning of "better" on many ways and you can adapt it by way you like. But you cannot adapt something Ideal. I guess economy was newer ideal but i can see a light at the end of the tunnel easy.
-Watching things from corner I am not surprised why this whole thing is going slow. Those 2 "red ones" from developer crew totally slowed down whole thing if you ask me. Making really talented and gifted people from this community unable to show their real value. I wouldn't be surprised if one of them step off.
-In 99% of cases everyone is blaming a wrong people why this whole thing "sucks".
-There is a few mens here who are practicing through PWO to improve themselves in RL. For example they are working on a new playerdex. They have faith and will 2 things necessary for make it happen. They are struggling and putting effort here, they like that and they are impressed on their work that gives them will to proceed. It will be a big sin if you start to spit on that or being pessimistic toward that. Did you ever done something nice in your life and got proud and satisfied with thing you done? A random lego brick puzzle?
-Of course there will be always greedy haters and complainers even if PWO gets out from beta phase. But that is a common thing in every company and society. Some people will newer be satisfied with things. I wonder why mostly of them are rich people even in real life. People are mostly greedy and they will newer be satisfied with things they are having and with things they are given.