Pwo Staff Behavior Survey

mad30

Youngster
The behavior of the pwo staff, professionalism vs having fun with players, is a topic I have always pondered on and as a staff member myself tried to strike what I thought was a fair balance. Many players enjoyed a less professional pwo staff members while many others despised it. At the same time many hated specific instances of unprofessionalism while also enjoyed by others.

Now as a player I see interaction between player and staff slightly different than before, I think a part of this is because of my position but also having more time to actually look around at these instances. This has caused me to wonder if players were officially asked what they want out of the pwo staff as far as being professional vs more carefree and interactive with players.

Informal survey:
Part A
On a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being very professional and 1 being very carefree
How would you rate the current pwo staff's interaction with the community?

How would you like to see the pwo staff interact with the community?

Part B
What are some carefree/unprofessional acts you do not believe the staff should ever do?

What are some carefree/unprofessional acts you believe the staff should do?

If you could suggest 1 thing for the staff to improve their interaction with the community what would it be?

JD001

Youngster
Out of curiosity, would you like a specific grade on the staff individually or as a whole?

Imo, I just want them to be allowed to battle with us, even if they use level 1000 pokes (cheaters)

mad30

Youngster
JD001 said:
Out of curiosity, would you like a specific grade on the staff individually or as a whole?

Imo, I just want them to be allowed to battle with us, even if they use level 1000 pokes (cheaters)
As a whole, individualizing will lead to no good.

Wordy123

Personally i can't globalize all the Staff as it was 1 person so i will make it like this:

Luminance: Is very proffesional guy,helped me out when i had troubles,so its a 10.
Interacts with the community,makes jokes,very interesting guy but i dont see him much in the chat,but when hes on it,gets iteresting so its a 9.

Fonty: Well,this guy is also very professional,but he is strict but never makes "warning shots" in waste,also i PMed him many times and hes the only GM who replys quick and actually gives advices and explanations, so i would give it a straight 10.
Doesnt interact with the comunity alot,atleast i didnt see it,every time he helps/gives advices or makes those warning shots.Never heard a joke or something from him in the chatbox.Since im not online 24/7 i will give it a 6.

ArticSun: More-less good GM,replys within a day(which is kind of long),but does help,i had some problems with bann back in 2013 he helped me get unbanned,strict,i give it an 7.
I never saw Artic interact witht the community,never,Artic is very strict,and i havent seem him in the chat for 2 months already so its a 3.

Bluerise: Never replyed to my PM about tokens and in the thread that i made about it i got his reply in 5 days(+ he was late because other Admin Jingi solved it before him,he just closed it),very poor,i give it a 2.
Didnt see him in the chatbox,as i know he does interact with people but i didnt see it,give it also a 2.

Jinji: I only know he solved my "Swablu" issue but i cant rate him only on that so i will skip this Admin

Brennan: Very strict,too strict,loves to ban,sometimes even when you go offline,gives the first warning shot and then he goes bezerk and bans you the whole month,as a professional he is so-so,maybe a 6 but he needs to know the limit + he has the superiority complex which is a bad thing for a GM.In all it will be lower than a 6.Probobly a 3-4 because of the complex and the "going wild" thing.

Interacts with the comunity,but only when hes under "system" name,i especially remember the cat pic and his message,was pretty funny,but it was more like joking around with nobody knowing it was him,just to maintain the "Jailman" status.But ok.Its a 9 from me.

(Everything stated here is from personal experince)

Yasuozix

Well, here is my opinion:

As a first remark of what I have saw recently, Pwo has lost an important Developer which helped the game Grow much larger with a bigger community.
With ability being added for the first time and more bug fixes. Pwo lost that Unique Developer called Shane because of the lack of communication with each other.
If that didn't happen, Pwo would of continued being an Awesome Pokemon game with educational people that had fun playing the game. I would say that the main problem with the current staff is 1stly "Lack of communication between selves", 2ndly lack of helping members that got scammed, lets say that I got scammed by someone and reported it on forums, the staff would review it and would try and solve it. But then Bluerise comes and says for an Example: Sorry, we aren't able to retrieve you the scammed tokens, would you like a lvl ish onix Instead?. That is actually false by Bluerise's side, you guys know that people have been donating LOTS of money to gain tokens for the game? Is it that difficult to retrieve the lost/scammed tokens to the user? We all know that any ADM has logs of everything that happens in game. If staffs like Bluerise actually puts some work and helps to retrieve what was scammed/stolen/lost item/pokemons/tokens from anyone then the Community might change and get better. But I would believe that this will never happen because no staff here puts some work and (sorry for this word but) Puts their butt on what is currently being dealt. Bluerise : 4/10.

The only Staff member I see that is a nice person and behaves his self as an important and dedicated staff Is Brennan/Sickle, he has emotion towards people and always tries to communicate with them, he always has fun with us on pwo . Thats a great step on making pwo a stronger bond. Brennan/Sickle always resolved what has been scammed in game , ALWAYS. For me, if there was a voting poll about Brennan/sickle being ADM or DEV I'd vote million of times yes with a smile on my face. You should see how GM like Brennan/Sickle behaves himself with player, smiles with them, laughs with them because he is right. Because we aren't like animals or slaves of the game, we are also your friends, WE DONATE FOR THIS GAME TONS AND TONS OF MONEY. So it can grow and final answer is that nothing gets upgraded in the game. It gets upgraded one time but it TAKES YEARS to do it. I just want to give my congratulations for Brennan/Sickle for his Job and dedication to the game, bravo. Id give him a 10.

As a Side note of this, [CG]Fonty and [CG]creobis are the BEST CGS staff. In my opinion they are awesome for CGS, they have dedicated alot of work for the game too. They have always helped me when I had troubles and always resolved my stuff on IRC. so I'd give them a 10 too.

Luminance: He is a Unique
staff member, I like him alot, I like how he interacts with people. Whenever I talk to him, he talks to me kindly with a great attitude and a great mood. He also has talents on recruiting ideal staff members, thats one of the main reason I like him. 9/10

Final conclusion is, ADMS and GMS, Imagine you are us the "Players" and us the "Staff" , would you guys like if we wouldn't be able to help you and to retrieve what has been scammed/stolen? NO. I don't think so. We would love to continue and donate to you guys but thing is, nothing gets upgraded from a long time.

I want Shane back.

Thank you for reading my opinion, I hope I didn't harsh no staff here, just tried to tell whats true.

matileo19

Youngster
Website
imanub.com.nub
Part A
On a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being very professional and 1 being very carefree
How would you rate the current pwo staff's interaction with the community?

Its hard to rate the current staff interaction with the community without individualizing each staff member. Interacting doesn't means chating in game only, to me interacting encompasses more than that: The way they answer, the way they threat, the time they expend to communicate with the community, the way they interact* (don't forget that most of the staff members used to be/are players). The ones that qualify with what I've mentioned above (most) are:

-GMs: Brennan (10), Chocobo (8) - Good interaction, personal experience. Brennan is the prefect example for the word ''Interaction'' , something that should be implemented INside the staff, before being implemented with players.
-GEs: Rbecca(6), LunaticJames(7) - Not as good as Brennan and Choco.

-CGs: HFonty(7), Creobis(7, he does a good job asking players via threads about stuff) the points are without getting into count that your job is to answer things from players/ To be a community guide. I hope you can read this (Fonty and Creobis). Sometimes I don't know if you are Bots or humans, whats the diff between a bot and a human? A Bot has no feelings, no interest for anything and is completely close minded, because the only thing a bot has is a job, a boss and scrips. You guys seem to forget that this is a Pokemon game, yes you have a rank, yes you have a ''job'' because of your rank, but you're still a part of the community, you're testers, you're players and nothing prohibits you both to be less strict and close mindeds.

-Adm: While both of them (Lee and JJ) have their interaction with the community, something is wrong with the way they do it, with the way they act. I won't give points here.
-Dev: ...
-And Rigaudon (9). Very good interaction.

How would you like to see the pwo staff interact with the community?

Via celphone... Just kidding, there aren't more ways other than chatting in game/irc/ forums /xat.

Part B
What are some carefree/unprofessional acts you do not believe the staff should ever do?

Answer with sarcasm to make other angry. Answer with 2 words without giving all the info that is needed... you already wasted your time, can't you simply give a good answer with all the info??? As simple as that. In scamm cases, while you can give back what was stolen, you don't... why not? . Favoritism.

What are some carefree/unprofessional acts you believe the staff should do?

If you could suggest 1 thing for the staff to improve their interaction with the community what would it be?

Its very simple... to improve their interaction with the community they have to improve the interaction between themselves, if they can't manage something as simple as that. My father is principal in a company, his interaction with employees is always good, he's strict, but that does not mean he can not interact without making a joke or having fun when the time allows him to act like that.

Fionavara

a more then intresting topic this, I think I'm going to follow it a little before answering. I have had the fortune or "unfortune" to been inspected by practically every staff member in pwo's history, for good and worse ...;) and made a lot of friend among you during the years...very very intresting topic this.
Hope it will be a creative and good one, none likes bashing without any cause, so people, please try to not go all personal on the guys and girls that work their behinds off to give us a free and intresting and developing game.

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
I'll only go off-topic for this post - 5allodio is welcome to discuss this further via other means.

5aloodio said:
But then Bluerise comes and says for an Example: Sorry, we aren't able to retrieve you the scammed tokens, would you like a lvl ish onix Instead?. That is actually false by Bluerise's side, you guys know that people have been donating LOTS of money to gain tokens for the game? Is it that difficult to retrieve the lost/scammed tokens to the user? We all know that any ADM has logs of everything that happens in game. If staffs like Bluerise actually puts some work and helps to retrieve what was scammed/stolen/lost item/pokemons/tokens from anyone then the Community might change and get better. But I would believe that this will never happen because no staff here puts some work and (sorry for this word but) Puts their butt on what is currently being dealt. Bluerise : 1/10.
Are you referring to a particular case? If the tokens are spent - depending on what they are spent on, we'll usually return those. In the case of money, at the moment - its the highest level pokemon on the account. I'm not sure what more you actually expect (apart from giving everything you want) but if you have a problem with it, why not raise up your ideas? (And if you seriously do have a problem - you would be raising it up in a topic of its own)

Portgas.D.Ace

Except few GMs and CGs everything esle is total collaps. Starting from admins...well bluerise is somehow specific. He does a lot and he might be very busy person in real life. Probably those two are to blame of what he is doing in PWO. I think no one bears hate for the game or people it's just the way how staff are organized and under how much pressure they might be. Starting from token issue, probably number one reason why people started to feel hate on bluerise...people are waiting for weeks, even months to finish case. No matter how you look at it it is really funny...I will not mention what kind f image it gives to PWO. Someone has to do that, someone has to be hated...it could be anyone who decided to work with tokem scams. That is all good soon as it not needle in haystack. Another thing where his persona might refelct is they way how people are treated. Ingorance is number one...then another thing is high horses. There is just no reason to be like that in small community...eventually you get hate. If you don't know how to deal with hate things gets worse and eventually you might do something that will only bring more hate...You don't ingore hate in PWO, its alarming...you do work and show that you are worthy of better opinion. So bluerise=nice little guy, no wicked ideas non corrupt but at the same time very ignorant and simple minded. Those are not bad atributes at all, some people dream on having them...but they are just not for such community. 2/10

Jinji: guy did stuff before no comment. Now every once in a while he fixes grammar errors in the server. Interacting with people on the forums, more forum type, really friendly guy. Perfect atributes for someone who is about to go in retirement. You did awesome job Jinji and you are still here even if you have a lot important things to do...10/10 goes to you.

Rigaudon/CheckerZebra: Think too much, totally different ideology for someone who is supposed to be project manager. Huge lack of knowledge and agenda driven personatily. She need be more idenpendant and start believing in her hands. She might be slow with the updates but she is careful and means no bad for the game: 7/10 for you rig.Keep it going, you are starting to understand things.

Luminance: Nice guy, wants good for the game. Too bad he was never given more freedom and tools when he was scripter. Only bad thing I see with him is that he tries to use mostly everything for quests and others...like there are no other generations of pokes only 2...but he is careful and professional. He wants new people in staff, he often check for possibals staffs, mostly scripters. Good to have you as staff. 8/10

Chocobo7: Good example of what staff should act like. No matter how hard you hit him...he always try to stand up. Only if there is little bit more interaction with people it would be okay. But considering you are a gm its perfectly fine. keep it up chocobo. 9/10

Brennan - old testament and wrath of the God type person...Number of cases he did and number of people he removed from game is breath taking...on the first look...he might look very strict but he will help when you need. If I understood his personality it is like...you help yourself and I will help to you. I will be honest. I was scared of playing when he becamone GM. He spared no one...I still cant understand if it was needed to ban so many friends as if they were plague. I must admit that sometimes you are very strict...but if you were different some people would never changed or improved their player quialites. He also knows how to talk with people which is important...he knows how to make someone to feel special and wanted. Also to add I think he is one of the few staff who are yet to make their move and choose side. You cant stretch yourself on both sides..you know:)
I cant say I like how you treat friends sometimes....but guess that is what you are supposed to do...equality. I wish pwo gets more gms like you...it will be better place. Thank you for your efforts. 10/10

mad30/tecknician: I always think guy left because he could see what is about to happen...or it was at least on of the main reasons why he left. Guy knew how to talk with people...tried to make broken game less broken..He did some updates that were with meaning that time...he even dared to touch battle system. YOu left all of sudden and people started to worry...but I guess you had to. I am giving you 10 out 10.

matileo19

Youngster
Website
imanub.com.nub
mad30 said:
The behavior of the pwo staff,

Oh Teck... I forgot you, here's my opinion about you: I remember the old mad, the comparison between the old mad and the new mad is completely different, for good. I love the updates you've made, you've shown effort on this project, I don't know why you left. The only bad thing I have to say is the way you used to answer, a bit rude sometimes without rudeness being needed, but thats it.

Fionavara said:
a more then intresting topic this, I think I'm going to follow it a little before answering. I have had the fortune or "unfortune" to been inspected by practically every staff member in pwo's history, for good and worse ...;) and made a lot of friend among you during the years...very very intresting topic this.
Hope it will be a creative and good one, none likes bashing without any cause, so people, please try to not go all personal on the guys and girls that work their behinds off to give us a free and intresting and developing game.

This is a thread to describe their behavior in the community, not just the way they are with you Fiona, just saying, don't mix things. We all know that they're putting effort, but that doesn't means that we can't blame them or give them reasons to act better in case they're not acting/working as they should.

Sylpharionz

LeroyGarcia said:
wow I honestly don't know the staff all too well but I guess brennan is that bad eh?

Yes he is, he just ban people that he doesn't like

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
Let's not digress into criticising individual staff members as has been the case in the last few posts. We have had some good feedback from this topic and if others want to take the time to add to it by doing what the original topic asks we will continue to find it interesting and useful. Just try not to get caught up in personal attacks. :)

The-Predator

Youngster
Sylpharionz said:
LeroyGarcia said:
wow I honestly don't know the staff all too well but I guess brennan is that bad eh?

Yes he is, he just ban people that he doesn't like

I dont know whether he likes you or not, but I personally wouldnt like a guy that feel so important to claim to be the "golden cow", just saying

Boora

Youngster
1/10, you cant even figure out who owns the game to begin with , way way way too messy
lower rank staff controll high rank staf, only promote friends, gang mentallity and i can go on and on...
prmoting people that play an hour a day at MOST to CG's and gm's (not that i have anything against them i actually happened to be friends with some.)
when you have people playing 5hours+ and helping everyone and yet they dont get promoted
this is my 2 cents on the staff as a whole.

as individuals like you said, it will lead to no good , i'l only say that some of the staff is doing a very good job, like fonty and Naero idk if he's around
or even Choco (too good if you ask me rating out a friend on irc cause he didn't make his own acc a YEAR ago )
but as a whole, poor poor job, and dont take my word for it, just try logging onto the game, or signing up for a tournament.

before i get bashed on, let me say this, This last few months it looked like this game finally getting better updates from shane, events from other staff,
it was GOOD. Very good, but it doesn't make up for the 4years that we had nothing maybe event once every few months for few days.

Edit:Blurise, when someone gets scammed, granted you help them, but giving back a high lv pokemon instead of what was lost is idiotic
i'd expect that from a game with 50,000 active players , where the admins dont know the value of stuff,
but here you fo know how much each token is worth or a certian pokemon that was scammed,
and giving back a worthless lv 99 to someone that just lost 50m stuff in value , well, you can see the issue here.
(that's what the guy meant.)

Brennan

Youngster
Warning has been issued on Sylpharionz's account due to flaming and use of language. I deleted every spam / flaming post. If you don't have any intention to respect mad's thread then do not post at all. This is not circus, don't make yourself to look like a clown. Stay on the topic and respect forum rules.

Somes

My turn-- :)) Well i will mark the both options in one :D

Jinji- 10/10 (Whenever i had probs in PWO i just pmed him on forums and got every answer very quick! hes active though)

Bluerise- 8.5/10 (I know it was a long time to get my scammed pokes back but the helper was Blue! ty)

Brennan- 9/10 (He is strict but always helpful! whenever i got banned he helped me recover my ban with proof and also helped me recovering my released pokemons! :) )

Fonty- 9.5/10 (He is been active always.. a helpful and a kind staff ,always trying to help players in need)

Luminance- 10/10 ( The duty of a
- to maintain peace and relationship between players in PWO, which he accomplishes well :) he has helped me ingame with my questions ingame manytimes~!)