PWO: Ruleset

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
Greetings, all.

This new ruleset is the result of many weeks and several discussions and amendments from a significant number of the PWO Staff. It adds a number of already enforced rules omitted from the previously published ruleset; and entirely new rules governing all of our services; as well as expanding or clarifying existing rules to alleviate confusion, give better examples, or expand the scope of the rules we already enforce.

I highly encourage everyone to read the new ruleset at least once to familiarise themselves with the soon-to-be effected additions and changes. Knowledge is power.

- Jinji

Merse

Youngster
Whoa... According to Article 11, it is forbidden to donate and get tokens for it, or pay for Pokemon with tokens because you have to spend real money to get them :D It is a possible interpretation at least :p

One serious note: You should write in the rules what are the possible consequences of violating them.

Boora

Youngster
11.Do not sell Pokémon World Online objects for outside products. This includes real life money or objects from other games.

OUTSIDE PRODUCTS merse. as in cash in other games, real money , items in other games,
not pokemons... cause pokemons aren't an outside product in pwo, but i was pretty sure it's obvious.
and you get tokens as a gift for donating, u can trade them, what you can't do is send the money to the seller . for example
you can buy s tauros for 100 tokens, but you can't send 100 $to his paypal for it.
hope you understand now merse.
i should mention, i do get the joke, but tokens aren't bought they're gifted as a donation.

Konani

18. Advertisement of 3rd party services is subject to punishment. This includes but is not limited to other games, surveys, adult sites, torrent sites, etc.

I have a question about this rule, just to clear up a bit of confusion I have.

Does talking about a game with a few users count as advertising even without sending links to the games site?

I'm just confused about it, which is why I'm asking.

Orean

Website
twitter.com
Konani said:
18. Advertisement of 3rd party services is subject to punishment. This includes but is not limited to other games, surveys, adult sites, torrent sites, etc.

I have a question about this rule, just to clear up a bit of confusion I have.

Does talking about a game with a few users count as advertising even without sending links to the games site?

I'm just confused about it, which is why I'm asking.

Although I am no GM, I would personally say that talking about another game in a non-advertised manner is acceptable. However, unsolicited invitations to a 3rd-party website, especially in a persistent manner, is not tolerated by the moderation staff.

We can not assure that the content on other websites is acceptable within the boundaries of PWO's own rules, which is why iniviting users to other services would be considered an overreach, mainly. However, discussions of them should be allowed, as long as the potentially inappropriate content pertaining to those services is not included in that discussion.

Should be noted that I was not involved in the rewrite of these rules, nor is it my job to enforce the rules, so there may be some dissenting stances; I'm just giving my best take on interpreting this rule.

Algiers

Does point #7 mean that people who accept Pokes from others knowing that the Pokes were obtained through scamming will get punished and the Poke actually returned?

Puar

Youngster
Algiers said:
Does point #7 mean that people who accept Pokes from others knowing that the Pokes were obtained through scamming will get punished and the Poke actually returned?
That is what it means.

Merse

Youngster
How do you prove that a third party knowingly bought a scammed Poke? Or more directly: How can you distinguish the cases when he knew and when he didn't know? I mean, you should use the presumption of innocence, and you should prove without doubt that he knew about the origin of the Pokemon. How is it possible?

CheckeredZebra

Youngster
Merse said:
How do you prove that a third party knowingly bought a scammed Poke? Or more directly: How can you distinguish the cases when he knew and when he didn't know? I mean, you should use the presumption of innocence, and you should prove without doubt that he knew about the origin of the Pokemon. How is it possible?

Common sense dictates that GMs would only ban for what they had proof of.

Furthermore the rule prevents people from holding onto botted/hacked pokemon as a safehouse for said botters hackers, among other things. It's quite a useful rule that gives grounds for ill-intentioned interactions.

Kathrine

HI, i want to ask what should i do if i have 2 accounts - BritneySpears and Kathrine (using only Kathrine now) .. can i somehow delete it or it doesnt matter if im not using it

Orean

Website
twitter.com
Kathrine said:
HI, i want to ask what should i do if i have 2 accounts - BritneySpears and Kathrine (using only Kathrine now) .. can i somehow delete it or it doesnt matter if im not using it

There is no option available to players to delete their account data, but you are completely allowed to play solely on one of your accounts without any kind of gameplay repercussions.

The only circumstances in which an account may end up deleted is if it has been unused for over 2 years, or if no minutes of playtime have been recorded on the account after its first few months. Although this provision implies that it's a long time away for your account to be deleted, I want to note that should your initial account be deleted, your subaccount will then supersede it as the new "main" account in the group.

You are allowed to have as many accounts as you want. You just can't be logged into the game with more than one at a time. (At least I think that's it. It's not a new rule, so...)

So owning BritneySpears and Kathrine is fine. Having BritneySpears and Kathrine on at the same time is not.

Puar

Youngster
Merse said:
I can tell that you are trying to poke holes in this.
To ease your worries, the ruleset rewrite spent several months being scrutinized staff.
Anyways this rule is one that is a little more difficult to prove.
An example. Guild member 1 scammed a random player for a valuable pokemon.
When Guild member 1 sees that a report has been made he trade the valuable pokemon to guild member 2 for next to nothing.
Guildmember 1 gets banned and the valuable pokemon is not able to be transferred back to the account of the random player.
because of this loophole guildmember 1 makes a new account and guildmember 2 trades the stolen pokemon to him.

With the new ruleset we will be able to stop situations like this from happening. for instance
Guild member 1 scammed a random player for a valuable pokemon.
When Guild member 1 sees that a report has been made he trade the valuable pokemon to guild member 2 for next to nothing.
Random GM asks to see a SS of the trade because guild member 1 and 2 are friends. No SS is provided so the pokemon is returned

OR

Guild member 1 scammed a random player for a valuable pokemon.
Guildmember 1 gets banned and the valuable pokemon is not able to be transferred back to the account of the random player.

Because the staff knows they are friends we ban both accounts involved in the scam and pwo is left with 2 less scammers and 1 pokemon in the right hands.

Keep in mind this is all the the discretion of the GM staff but is worth mentioning we are responsible to proving guilt to our coworkers (easier said than done in some cases)

Merse

Youngster
But there is an easy workaround then: Guild member 2 pays a somewhat reasonable, but still low price for the scammed Poke and when the threat is gone, they trade things back.
I like the idea of banning everyone who cooperates in scamming, but I can't see how is it possible to make it happen in the vast majority of the cases. And if it doesn't, then the rule is ineffective. There seem to be too many possible ways to avoid the ban of the second account.

Don-Meedo

hi i just want to ask .. i have some accounts .. am i not allowed to trade my pokemon between those accounts ?
i move all my pokemon to other account and use it for battling and trading for some time at least 2 weeks (but not palying in 2 accounts at the same time ) i only use them when moving the team from one to other ...
thanks

Orean

Website
twitter.com
Don_Meedo said:
hi i just want to ask .. i have some accounts .. am i not allowed to trade my pokemon between those accounts ?
i move all my pokemon to other account and use it for battling and trading for some time at least 2 weeks (but not palying in 2 accounts at the same time ) i only use them when moving the team from one to other ...
thanks

You would not be able to trade them between other accounts directly, because that would require that both accounts are logged into the game simultaneously, which violates this rule:

You may have more than one account however only one can be accessed at a time.

Commuting your Pokemon from one account to another is lawful, however, if it is done by legitimate means (using the assistance of a trusted middleman to trade Pokemon between accounts), and if it is not done under this intent:

Do Not create new accounts with the purpose of getting a certain pokemon or item for another account.

That would imply starter farming, for example, which would be registering an account solely to transfer valuable freebies, such as the starter Pokemon, to the main account. This is especially more applicable to newly registered alternative accounts.

Otherwise, it should be acceptable to transfer Pokemon from your alternative account to your main account; just not by the more unlawful means mentioned (logging into both accounts simultaneously). It is worth informing that a planned module in the upcoming playerdex update is a direct transfer form, which allows you to request that designated Pokemon are transferred from one account to another, for a small fee. Until that feature is implemented, the only lawful option is to use a middle man.