PWO Mobile

accursed1

Youngster
Website
www.xelion.webs.com
Someone said that you can play PWO on a phone. please confirm or deny this for me, and if i could know what kind of phone you can play it on that would be great, as i plan on getting a phone to play PWO on the go!

D

denizen

I would think that PWO on a mobile device will be very difficult to achieve.

M

Mist

I will say it is possible to do it via a remote desktop application ( I have done this via my phone to play PWO, however the actual game was on my desktop at home) No actual APP exists for a mobile device.

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
Considering the current server and client issues, we're not looking into a mobile client right now however this could change in the future depending on circumstances.

M

MacaroniMan

accursed1 said:
i plan on getting a phone to play PWO on the go!
Getting a phone just to play PWO probably isn't a good investment; I'm sure you'll use it for other purposes too...  But there are mobile emulators available to play just like offline handheld pokemon games. 

M

MacaroniMan

accursed1 said:
playing pwo is not the whole reason i am getting a new phone, but will be the decider on what phone i get.

Oh I see.  Well my phone can't even run Pac-man without crashing and/or running out of battery, so even if PWO mobile was available I probably wouldn't get it :p

accursed1

Youngster
Website
www.xelion.webs.com
Mist said:
I will say it is possible to do it via a remote desktop application ( I have done this via my phone to play PWO, however the actual game was on my desktop at home) No actual APP exists for a mobile device.

is that through a windows phone like the palm?

Mantis

Youngster
Website
www.technopathic.org
accursed1 said:
is that through a windows phone like the palm?

any modern smart phone (iphone, Droid, BlackBerry, etc) will more than likely have a remote desktop application. i know the
DROID and iPhone do for sure. but im not too sure about black berry or palm.

however most remote desktop apps will cost you. unless you know how to acquire them for free.

accursed1

Youngster
Website
www.xelion.webs.com
i have an old palm, it duplicates my whole comp, including desktop, but it is made for vista and i run 7, so i'm not sure if it will work now....