PWO Mapping Contest. [Winners Announced]

Animagus

Congratulations to the winners-
First Place: Tha-Kram
Second Place: KRH3R0

Thank you everyone for participating.

Hello, trainers of PWO!
I would like to proudly announce PWOs 2nd Mapping Contest!

How to Participate:
Simply make your own custom map with our PWO Map Editor!
You can download the PWO map editor here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/8p25a ... +1.1.3.rar

For both new and experienced mappers, we encourage you to read these guides:
1. Tips for new mappers: http://forum.pokemon-world-online.net/showthread.php?tid=21042
2. Mapping Tutorial and Guides: http://pwo-wiki.info/index.php?title=Mapping_Tutorials
3. It's advisable for mappers—both novice and experienced—to refer to this guide for operational information on the Map Editor: http://pwo-wiki.info/index.php?title=Mapping_Tutorials
If you are relatively new to the realm of mapping, you should now be more surefooted with it after reading over these guides; even if you've already gotten your feet wet with mapping before, hopefully these guides can still help to polish, refine and developing your mapping skills and techniques further!

Assignment Criteria:
Theme: Remote seafront location.
Minimum Size: 50 x 50
Maximum Size: 150 x 150
Deadline: February 10th, 2015.

Submitting Your Map:
- Submit your map in this topic, or in a PM to me; Animagus; it'll be forwarded to the rest of the staff's attention either way.
- Your submission must have:
Screenshot of your map in a spoiler.
Your map download link (Save your map, then upload the files in any file-sharing website or client, and give the direct link in this topic)

- You can post multiple maps; no delimitation of entries. We will choose what is deemed to be the most map, but only that singular map will be accounted for when ranking the best entries.
- Pay attention to the map details, as outlined in the Assignment Criteria.

- For bonus points you can also suggest a list of pokemon that would be suitable in your map.
- For extra points again write a mini quest to be completed on your map which should take 1.5 to 2 hours to complete.

Rewards:
Your map will be live in-game and forever on display in the Pewter Museum Holodeck. However, should your map contain any errors, such as layering errors that may unignorably obstruct a player's movement through the areas, you will need to work with us in order to refine it. (working with us to fix it prior to it being displayed ingame is subject to availability of staff and winner)

The Judge(s):
All staff members will be your collective judges. We'll discuss the entrants with each other when the deadline comes to evaluate the best Map to go live in-game.

Points will be given for each of the below sections:
  • Design, including but not restricted to: attention to details such as using correct layering.
  • True to Theme.
  • Creativity.
  • Efficient use of entire map space.
  • Suggested spawns (bonus)
  • Mini-quest (bonus)
Your creativity, artistry and originality will be our biggest parameters for evaluating your maps.

We do encourage you to try working with layers logically. An errorless map won't invariably be the contest-winner—we are still judging maps primarily and predominantly on the notion of creativity—but we will appreciate effort towards using the proper selection of layers; it could be a factor in its own right, as it helps to exhibit how thorough of a mindset has been used to create the map, which is an important one to have when maps are added in-game. :) For those who don't know about layers, this guide also outlines tips for you.

If there are more than:
10 participants, we'll select 2-best maps.
20 or more participants, we'll select 3-best maps.

Working with the Winners:
When we select your maps, we'll work with you in order to put your map in-game. Hereon we'll together correct your map if your map contains any fatal errors. (For Example : when your character can walk in the water, or when you can walk on the wall). You can test your map before letting other players explore it. After you're satisfied with it, you can tell us to open your map for public use.
As stated above also, this depends on availability of both staff and winner, and if we can't 'catch up' in a reasonable time the map will be released ingame regardless.

Please let us know if you have any questions, concerns or suggestions for future releases of this contest. What could be done to improve how the contest is ran, and how would you appraise your experience in this contest?

Enjoy, and good luck to all participants; we look forward to working with you!

AceTrainerLance

Re: PWO Mapping Contest!

Means there a event coming soon? If yes, put protector as gift for us, I want to evolve my Rhydon. :D

RedCoW

great contest...
so ill offer my first and the only map i did :"Charicific Valley"
http://forum.pokemon-world-online.net/showthread.php?tid=34916

i add with that a qust, pokes and npc's..
I know there are bugs on the maps but ill glad if u help me to fix it :) .
I did not add a link to download in the topic, to whom I send a private message with the download?

Animagus

Players, please keep in mind that you are required to post all the necessary details and files as a reply to this topic, not as links to other topics.
If you would like to send your entries in a private message, you may send one to me - Animagus

june

where and how can i post my map. And along with image file is there another thing requierd????

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net

It's recommended you include both a picture of the Map; AND the Map File itself so that it can be checked by us.

When you create a map using PWO's official Map Editor (Tiled, or any previous PWO Map Editor although these are no longer recommended) and save it, it should save the Map as a text file. You can then submit the map by including it in your post. One easy way of including the map in your post is, instead of using the "Quick Reply" option, actually click "Post Reply"; and on the reply page, scroll down and look for an "Upload Attachment" option. Click it and you will see options to include a file; and you can then look for the Map wherever you saved it and put it into your post. If this didn't make sense, just say and I'll try to explain better :)

june

in quest writing is dialouge is also to be written??????

june

:) what is deadline of mapping contest

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator

This should answer the previous questions. For the quest part, how much your provide if anything is up to you. If you wish to write dialogues for the NPCs along with your idea please do.

Animagus said:
Assignment Criteria:

Deadline: February 10th, 2015.

Submitting Your Map:
- Submit your map in this topic, or in a PM to me; Animagus; it'll be forwarded to the rest of the staff's attention either way.
- Your submission must have:
Screenshot of your map in a spoiler.
Your map download link (Save your map, then upload the files in any file-sharing website or client, and give the direct link in this topic)

- You can post multiple maps; no delimitation of entries. We will choose what is deemed to be the most map, but only that singular map will be accounted for when ranking the best entries.
- Pay attention to the map details, as outlined in the Assignment Criteria.

- For bonus points you can also suggest a list of pokemon that would be suitable in your map.
- For extra points again write a mini quest to be completed on your map which should take 1.5 to 2 hours to complete.

chicochan

what is "seafront location"?? can you tell me more specific or example?

let me try :)

Animagus

chicochan said:
what is "seafront location"?? can you tell me more specific or example?

let me try :)

It is an area/town/region facing the sea or near a sea. Something like a beach.

chicochan

Animagus said:
It is an area/town/region facing the sea or near a sea. Something like a beach.

okay.. i see. ;-)
i'm working on it.. :-D

mikaart1005

Website
www.facebook.com

MORNING!!!!
Is it strictly 1 map only on it?
what if I made 2 MAp for the event?
I mean 1st map for taking quest and 2nd map was my maze quest..

*I actually done it :p

Animagus

mikaart1005 said:
MORNING!!!!
Is it strictly 1 map only on it?
what if I made 2 MAp for the event?
I mean 1st map for taking quest and 2nd map was my maze quest..
You may do so mikaart. Make sure you include the download links for both the maps. :)

We look forward to many more map entries :)

mikaart1005

Website
www.facebook.com

Good to hear a VAlid ^-^

of9nScM.jpg

http://prntscr.com/5zb4qd

1st map - is my main map where u can get the quest..
• 80x 100 tiles..
• Quest house have a PC
Requirement to enter:
• All Pokémon only 30lvl’s and below..(The forest they will enter is a holly for the Guardian of the forest, they can be called Virgin Forest…they don’t want to harm the forest).
• They should bring NORMAL TYPE Pokémon that have a move FURY ATTACK or ROCK SMASH(if u want to give them as free teaching to their poke at the start) to enter the Map.
• Surf board.

2nd map –where everyone go and complete the maze quest!
“Where I make 4 season map (winter, spring, summer and fall)”
150x 150 tiles
• There’s a LOST way in my MAP, if they wrong turn there, they automatically BLACK OUT!! And go to the HELPER HOUSE!!(they got LOST, and the FEAROW Pokémon of the HELPER saw them and help them to transport to the HELPER’s HOUSE)

After they manage to go to Map 1 again and the maze, they can see the HOLLY TREE. Using Fury Attack on the tree and fight a poke, and chances to drop a Stick, they need to have 4 sticks and to help repair the dying Small tree that they have to put a stick on it.(it’s around the map 1).
After that they need to go back to the Quest House and tell what they did. The “Quest Man” there so glad and tell the secret of the tree, that they can climb it look for the Rumor Poke hiding it..”the quest man” tell that he hide a LADDER beyond a Rock(the rock at the right can use Fury Attack after the Quest mantel the secret. And obtain a ladder*temporary at this map ends-*or if you want to stay this map :) leave it on their BP)

3rd map is on the tree!!

Pokemon Spiritomb

*if its valid i PM the file ^-^

Animagus

Contestants, please make sure that you give the Submittion Your Map section a good read. You are required to attach a direct link to your screenshot of the map inside a spoiler AND also provide us with the map file itself.

mikaart1005, Please message me / edit your reply with the map download link and the images+quest details of your map in correct format. Thank you.