PWO is in need of having to revise some moves

LeroyGarcia

Youngster
Now I know we can't fix all broken moves but why not fix those couple few that people are getting annoyed with due to those attacks being OP.
I have a couple suggestions:

-Sky Attack: This one speaks for itself, not to mention it makes pokes like honch even more powerful. Solutions can range from making second priority
to just decreasing its power and making it second priority and anything in between.

-Continous moves(fire spin, whirlpool, sand tomb, etc.): As much as I loved using them at first I feel there is no need for these type of moves currently as
they tend to turn the tide in battles they shouldn't under normal circumstances. Many if not all the pokes using such moves have pretty good alternatives like
hydro pump, flamethrower, fire blitz, earthquake, etc. Solutions could range from making them work in a similar fashion to the "burn" condition without the
stat reducing effects of course, another solution could be to just make them a single hit move with reduced power, say 35-65?

-Curse: This also does not need much mentioning as to why it would be better to fix it, this move has caused all sorts of people to just lose it but anyways, why not
just fix it? The easiest solution is just to make the user lose half of its HP when using it in a sort of similar way to belly drum right? Or if the cursed poke finishes off a poke, have him lose half its hp? There's many ways I guess in which you guys can nerf or fix the move. Anything to fix it would be greatly appreciated by us since we know making it fully functional can be complicated atm.

These are all the moves I have in mind atm, any other moves you guys feel need to be revised please add them here. Sure some might say that PWO is still in beta and that broken moves are part of the game but we have made some progress in the battle mechanics over time and it is only natural we continue to see such changes. Others might say their same old discourse about there been no light at the end of pwo's tunnel but honestly if there was no light this game wouldn't of been showing signs of life anymore.

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
I would agree with those as priority move fixes, and we are fully aware of the need for them to be fixed. Hopefully when the current major project is complete there will be more time for move fixes again. As always there is no set time but it could literally be any time.

DomT.

Youngster
If Possible Can you guys Add Dark Void in the game,It is a good sleeping move with 80% Accu i guesss,Also Nightmare should be Fixed.

HOF69

UnknowTheBadAssBattler said:
If Possible Can you guys Add Dark Void in the game,It is a good sleeping move with 80% Accu i guesss,Also Nightmare should be Fixed.

Dark Void is a move that can only be learned by Darkrai. It's not something that other Pokemon can (or should) be able to learn.

I agree with the original topic. There are some very high priority move fixes right now.

UltimatePain

HOF69 said:
UnknowTheBadAssBattler said:

Dark Void is a move that can only be learned by Darkrai. It's not something that other Pokemon can (or should) be able to learn.

I agree with the original topic. There are some very high priority move fixes right now.
To correct, theres 1 other poke which can have/learn Dark Void than Darkrai and its Smeargle with Sketch (idk if it works in PWO).

Animation moves are important in a game to make it somewhat good/"alive" as stated previously.

Fadoka

Jr. Trainer
Clamp , Whirlpool , firespin and sandtomb should be fixed (good thing that TM scald is in there) but TM fireblast needs to be released to help inplace of a fixed firespin , also I could see recently lots using dusknoir cuz of the broken curse which shouldn't work like how it works for ghosts like it's working for other types (it works correctly for different types but should be somehow nerfed on ghosts which could learn it) also moves like Fly and skyattack should attack in 2 turns as Leroy mentioned which makes pokes like honchkrow , skarmory etc OP than they should be. Hoping for a better future for pwo's battle system.

I.Am

HitmonFonty said:
Hopefully when the current major project is complete there will be more time for move fixes again.

Ironically move fixes should be your primary project. Broken battle system on this game so pathetically sad and really turned me off from playing this game atm.

DomT.

Youngster
Hmm What About Moves Like Water Pledge and Water Spout,They are good water moves with 100% Accu
Water Pledge-Power80,Accu-100%
Water Spout-Power 150,Accu 100%

Water Pledge-A column of water strikes the target. When combined with its fire equivalent, the damage increases and a rainbow appears(Needs Animation here).
Water Spout-The user spouts water to damage the opposing team. The lower the user's HP, the less powerful it becomes

Dragon Types
Draco Meteor(I dont know whether is move has been implemented in the game or not,Because i have not seen this move using anyone till yet)Comets are summoned down from the sky onto the target. The attack's recoil harshly reduces the user's Sp. Atk stat(130 Power and 90%Accu)

Fixing Outrage

KaiReborn

Youngster
Website
theburningnotebook.tumblr.com
Get your facts right, water pledge (and their fire and grass type counterparts) only have 80 power starting from gen 6. On gen 5 (which is the gen pwo bases most of its things on), its power as 50. As for water spout, it is too situational... not to mention that none of the pokes able to learn it can make use of it at its full power as they'll be taking a hit before attacking in most cases (150 power only applies when the poke using it is at full health).
Draco meteor was added in gen 4, so it should be part of the database... however, currently there are no dragons opting for a special oriented path (closest thing to that would probably be mixed salamences that rely on fire moves for coverage). Adding to that, draco meteor users under a no switch mentality would make themselves bait for setup sweepers, which further hinders the current viability of the move