PWO is boring Now For Some ! We need some Changes ! PART 1

GoldenMindz

I Have been playing pwo for about 2-3 months now and really i am feeling bored of playing the game now.Some changes are needed so that more players register and play regularly ! Plz PWO bring these changes that i am mentioning !

1. First Of All, The main reason why players quit pwo is that the game is almost over after the 16 gyms ! Its very easy to win all badges in a day ! We need something that can make us irresistible to play PWO . Here are some suggestions -
Weekly Events - Weekly events can really bring the old players back to the game with ease.. Make the events awesome with good objectives and cool prizes . Example - A Race !!! Players can race with their pokes like marathon just like in the anime when Ash races with his bayleef ( Hope some can remember ) and weekly tournaments ! PWO this implementation can bring PWO to new levels ! Here are some other suggestions in the weekly events !
[1] Marathon
[2] Pokemon Catch Contest ( Similar to Bug competition in the anime)
[3] Tournaments ( Battle - LEVEL 15 , 30 , 50 ,80 , 99) Pokes must be non-shiny and must be catch-able in the game !
[4] Adventure missions C:)
[5] Fairy Contests ( Pokemon Beauty Contests )

2. Now the player numbers are decreasing drastically and as a reason of that players are not able to sell their pokes ! We need a sort of in-game PokeTrade mart for exchange of pokes and also their sale ! I will explain with an example ! Suppose i have an eevee with moderate ivs worth around 600K-2M pokedollars then i can give it to the in-game mart for some reduced money say 500K-1.5M. For this the game must have a price calculator technique to determine the value of the pokes ! Also the players can buy pokemons from the mart ! The playerdex mart is very difficult to get a sale for the players and also this would make it very easier ! Dont amake it worse though - If players can sell every poke for any price then there would be no meaning in that .. Here is a tip - On certain days the poketrade mart needs certain pokes so the mart only accepts that pokes an give the players money. Also the stats of the pokemon are also important.

3.There is nothing to do if one cannot use its abilities and the same applies to the pokemon. How nice it would be if lanturn and electavire get the energy back when players use thundermoves against it !So abilities and moves are a must for the game.

4.The battle system in pwo is the worst of all. Here are the changes to be brought regarding it :
[1] TIME TIME TIME - for moves..players must use pokes moves within in a period of time and if they doesnt the opponent can choose the move again.. Also moves can be initiated at the same time..Flamethrower vs Hydropump etc..U Heard me right at the same TIME !!
[2] Some tactical abilities to be made into the system..Such as quick attack can be used to darge(escape from hitting) moves etc. Also the option to aim must be there so that the best player wins the game rather than the player with the best pokemons.For example for the move close combat a cursor for the user to hit the opponents pokemon and attack the legs to slow him down..Somehow there should be something done otherwise the game will not be a fair one. It would not be nice if all flamethrowers hits the poke every time we just need some marker and aim so that there is an equal chance of missing according to the speed and evaviness of the poke.. Accuracy must really reduce on using moves like flash,sand attack and double-team !!
[3] Moves like protect,reflect,lightscreen must work accordingly.
[4]Battles must be long.. Hav U gUYS EVER SEEN A BLASTOISE FAINT BY A SINGLE THUNDER ???? :-[ Let the effectiveness be there but the pokes shouldnt faint at one hit..Then it would be nice.. Otherwise the pokes type decide the winner not the trainer or the pokemon.
[5]Make the pokemon strong according to the experience gained/matches and the opponents it faced..The poke can withstand electric moves even if it is a pidgeot if it has battled many electric type pokemon and won against them ! !
[6]DUAL BATTLE !!
[7]Friendly Matches ( PVP )

3.Pokemon ENcounter And Catching
[1] All pokes must be catchable ! Not that a poke recides in a single region.. For this we need a big map ! YES WE ARE READY TO WAIT IF ITS FOR A GOOD THING! ARENT U GUYS ??????
[2] PLZ DONT BRING RARITY INSTEAD OF THAT --- suppose i see a pokemon eg. Togepi then i should chase the pokemon inorder to fight it ! need fast fingers lol ! Brave pokemons like treecko may not run but some pokes may so a little improvement there too.

THE NEXT THINGS IN THE SECOND PART...PLZ GUYS IF U LIKE IT THEN GIVE ME AN ENCOURAGEMENT LOL ! ^-^ HELP ME BY GIVING UR SUGGESTIONS TOO ! ! !! !

GoldenMindz

Re: PWO is boring Now For Some ! We need some Changes ! PART

I KNOW THAT THIS CAN BE HARD TO IMPLEMENT IN A SINGLE DAY BUT ATLEAST IN THE NEXT CLIENT ! ! 2015 ????

Saric

Youngster

1). Weekend events are already a thing. It'd be very difficult with the current staff load to have it consistently every week.
2). Interesting enough. Though I don't know how this would work out.
3). Players are free to organize their own tournaments. The last I knew, there wasn't going to be anymore staff hosted ones.
4). Out of their hands. It happens in the main games too, as its supposed to. This can't, nor should be, touched whatsoever.
5). Same as #2 above.

1). There used to be an in game mart, but it was extremely buggy and has been abandoned, and I'm not sure how I feel about the game "buying" the pokemon off of you.
2). In the brief time that shane returned, he made some abilities possible. He's since left, and there's no one person working on the battle system. So I wouldn't expect things of this nature to really come anytime soon in any steady flow.

1). Are you suggesting there be some sort of time limit on choosing moves? I believe there's already one in game, but I'm not 100% certain. Also on the last bit, I'm confused as to what you're suggesting. Both people using a move and they hit at the same time? I'm confused as to how this would work, and why this would even be a good idea.
2). Not sure how I feel about this. As far as I've seen this is only really a thing in the anime, and PWO has been/is trying to stay as close to the main games as possible. It's an interesting concept, but it doesn't belong here in my opinion.
3). I agree, but as I noted above there's no one person working on the battle system so this may be a while yet.
4). This is literally the entire point to type effectiveness. Are you suggesting to remove an extremely basic concept that's been in pokemon since it was first around?
5). As I noted above, PWO is trying to stay as close to the main games as possible. It's an interesting concept, but I doubt it's possible with current capabilities.
6). May still be a while yet. Though I'm sure it'll come eventually.
7). PvP already exists and has since forever.

1). Yes, this could be done, but why? Why would you want every single pokemon on one huge map? This completely defeats the purpose of having to search for the pokemon you want, nor would it make sense to do this basing on where the pokemon would live.
2). I'm confused as to what you're suggesting. Are you suggesting that players literally chase after the pokemon? If so, I'd also heavily disagree on this seeing as how it's not a canon concept.

Merse

Youngster

I actually like the idea of nerfing every move. That would give even more room to strategy.
Then again, it would make status moves even more important as they are now and mass switching would pay out far more than currently. You could boost up your whole team on one enemy if you're clever...

Rainsinch

It's interesting that you're suggesting implementing a lot of anime logic towards MMO battling, to make it different. I'm sure some of the things could be possible, especially with the addition of a new client. Thanks for the suggestions.

Nikola

Youngster

GoldenMindz said:
2. Now the player numbers are decreasing drastically and as a reason of that players are not able to sell their pokes ! We need a sort of in-game PokeTrade mart for exchange of pokes and also their sale ! I will explain with an example ! Suppose i have an eevee with moderate ivs worth around 600K-2M pokedollars then i can give it to the in-game mart for some reduced money say 500K-1.5M. For this the game must have a price calculator technique to determine the value of the pokes ! Also the players can buy pokemons from the mart ! The playerdex mart is very difficult to get a sale for the players and also this would make it very easier ! Dont amake it worse though - If players can sell every poke for any price then there would be no meaning in that .. Here is a tip - On certain days the poketrade mart needs certain pokes so the mart only accepts that pokes an give the players money. Also the stats of the pokemon are also important.

3.There is nothing to do if one cannot use its abilities and the same applies to the pokemon. How nice it would be if lanturn and electavire get the energy back when players use thundermoves against it !So abilities and moves are a must for the game.

4.The battle system in pwo is the worst of all. Here are the changes to be brought regarding it :
[1] TIME TIME TIME - for moves..players must use pokes moves within in a period of time and if they doesnt the opponent can choose the move again.. Also moves can be initiated at the same time..Flamethrower vs Hydropump etc..U Heard me right at the same TIME !!
[2] Some tactical abilities to be made into the system..Such as quick attack can be used to darge(escape from hitting) moves etc. Also the option to aim must be there so that the best player wins the game rather than the player with the best pokemons.For example for the move close combat a cursor for the user to hit the opponents pokemon and attack the legs to slow him down..Somehow there should be something done otherwise the game will not be a fair one. It would not be nice if all flamethrowers hits the poke every time we just need some marker and aim so that there is an equal chance of missing according to the speed and evaviness of the poke.. Accuracy must really reduce on using moves like flash,sand attack and double-team !!
[3] Moves like protect,reflect,lightscreen must work accordingly.
[4]Battles must be long.. Hav U gUYS EVER SEEN A BLASTOISE FAINT BY A SINGLE THUNDER ???? :-[ Let the effectiveness be there but the pokes shouldnt faint at one hit..Then it would be nice.. Otherwise the pokes type decide the winner not the trainer or the pokemon.
[5]Make the pokemon strong according to the experience gained/matches and the opponents it faced..The poke can withstand electric moves even if it is a pidgeot if it has battled many electric type pokemon and won against them ! !
[6]DUAL BATTLE !!
[7]Friendly Matches ( PVP )

[1] All pokes must be catchable ! Not that a poke recides in a single region.. For this we need a big map ! YES WE ARE READY TO WAIT IF ITS FOR A GOOD THING! ARENT U GUYS ??????
[2] PLZ DONT BRING RARITY INSTEAD OF THAT --- suppose i see a pokemon eg. Togepi then i should chase the pokemon inorder to fight it ! need fast fingers lol ! Brave pokemons like treecko may not run but some pokes may so a little improvement there too.

THE NEXT THINGS IN THE SECOND PART...PLZ GUYS IF U LIKE IT THEN GIVE ME AN ENCOURAGEMENT LOL ! ^-^ HELP ME BY GIVING UR SUGGESTIONS TOO ! ! !! !

The reason why you can't sell your Pokemon is due to economy going through problems recently. Several suggestions of yours would exactly do that. Easy way of obtaining Pokemon under these circumstances is not a good idea.
Reason why you say that playerdex mart is hard place for selling pokemon is because it's browser based where you lack filters and sliders. Then again, that is issue for another topic and suggestion board on the playerdex.
Some of the abilties are introduced already which means its possible for others come. I believe the main issue is how to distribute certain abiltites. You know, most of the Pokemon have 2 and more abiltites to start with. It might take several months before you see approach towards the abiltites.

I assume you are referring on battle timer when you mentioned the time? It can be done yes. If they were to implement the timer it can be done server side through command. But for most of those id wait for the client. Adapting udpates for current client you use is rather timewaste.
Other part are move fixes. There are a lot of moves left to be fixed. Those are mostly tactic moves. You will not see those moves working before new client bcause most of them requeire different packets from the client.

As for other suggestion...I can't see them fit in the MMO enviroment. Having all Pokemon catchable you would play okay for a week or 2 then what after? You would end up on the same spot you were on previously. Try to think for long term.

Rachel

Interesting lol.

Friko

GoldenMindz said:
I Have been playing pwo for about 2-3 months now and really i am feeling bored of playing the game now.Some changes are needed so that more players register and play regularly ! Plz PWO bring these changes that i am mentioning !

1. First Of All, The main reason why players quit pwo is that the game is almost over after the 16 gyms ! Its very easy to win all badges in a day ! We need something that can make us irresistible to play PWO . Here are some suggestions -
Weekly Events - Weekly events can really bring the old players back to the game with ease.. Make the events awesome with good objectives and cool prizes . Example - A Race !!! Players can race with their pokes like marathon just like in the anime when Ash races with his bayleef ( Hope some can remember ) and weekly tournaments ! PWO this implementation can bring PWO to new levels ! Here are some other suggestions in the weekly events !
[1] Marathon ok
[2] Pokemon Catch Contest ( Similar to Bug competition in the anime) ok
[3] Tournaments ( Battle - LEVEL 15 , 30 , 50 ,80 , 99) Pokes must be non-shiny and must be catch-able in the game ! no...too many people would cry
[4] Adventure missions C:)ok
[5] Fairy Contests ( Pokemon Beauty Contests ) ok

2. Now the player numbers are decreasing drastically and as a reason of that players are not able to sell their pokes ! We need a sort of in-game PokeTrade mart for exchange of pokes and also their sale ! I will explain with an example ! Suppose i have an eevee with moderate ivs worth around 600K-2M pokedollars then i can give it to the in-game mart for some reduced money say 500K-1.5M. For this the game must have a price calculator technique to determine the value of the pokes ! Also the players can buy pokemons from the mart ! The playerdex mart is very difficult to get a sale for the players and also this would make it very easier ! Dont amake it worse though - If players can sell every poke for any price then there would be no meaning in that .. Here is a tip - On certain days the poketrade mart needs certain pokes so the mart only accepts that pokes an give the players money. Also the stats of the pokemon are also important.no, too much coding and some people try to get money FROM selling, if you make them lose the option of selling (by making a price too high) then they could never make money.

3.There is nothing to do if one cannot use its abilities and the same applies to the pokemon. How nice it would be if lanturn and electavire get the energy back when players use thundermoves against it !So abilities and moves are a must for the game.Many pokemon have abilities already, also, in regards to an ability that does that, these two pokemon yes, have an ability that gives HP back, and boost speed respectively, but making up a new ability would halter balance.

[1] TIME TIME TIME - for moves..players must use pokes moves within in a period of time and if they doesnt the opponent can choose the move again.. Also moves can be initiated at the same time..Flamethrower vs Hydropump etc..U Heard me right at the same TIME !! Rediculous...no...absolutely rediculous, as Lag as well as in-life problems can occur, this is pokemon not supers smash bros.
[2] Some tactical abilities to be made into the system..Such as quick attack can be used to darge(escape from hitting) moves etc. Also the option to aim must be there so that the best player wins the game rather than the player with the best pokemons.For example for the move close combat a cursor for the user to hit the opponents pokemon and attack the legs to slow him down..Somehow there should be something done otherwise the game will not be a fair one. It would not be nice if all flamethrowers hits the poke every time we just need some marker and aim so that there is an equal chance of missing according to the speed and evaviness of the poke.. Accuracy must really reduce on using moves like flash,sand attack and double-team !! no, once again this is ludicrous, and it isn't BAD pokemon that make people lose, if they don't understand how to use a pokemon then they lose on skill, and AIMING? whats the point of accuracy, this would lag so hard and encourage 1Hit KO moves ouch...so hard much outch
[3] Moves like protect,reflect,lightscreen must work accordingly.ok
[4]Battles must be long.. Hav U gUYS EVER SEEN A BLASTOISE FAINT BY A SINGLE THUNDER ???? :-[ Let the effectiveness be there but the pokes shouldnt faint at one hit..Then it would be nice.. Otherwise the pokes type decide the winner not the trainer or the pokemon.I understand the concern here, but to be realistic, once EV training is released, Blastoise will be able to take a thunder along with other pokemon not being 1 hit so easily, regardless NO, an HP based system for pokemon is perfect.
[5]Make the pokemon strong according to the experience gained/matches and the opponents it faced..The poke can withstand electric moves even if it is a pidgeot if it has battled many electric type pokemon and won against them ! ! no, this is absurd as it would make invincible pokemon...
[6]DUAL BATTLE !! I not only Agree, but i would enjoy it
[7]Friendly Matches ( PVP ) Once again, great idea.

[1] All pokes must be catchable ! Not that a poke recides in a single region.. For this we need a big map ! YES WE ARE READY TO WAIT IF ITS FOR A GOOD THING! ARENT U GUYS ?????? If this became a thing, people would stop playing the main game (i.e. Gym matches ect.) and would only hunt, and at that point its no longer a pokemon mmo, its monster hunter...quite literally. so no
[2] PLZ DONT BRING RARITY INSTEAD OF THAT --- suppose i see a pokemon eg. Togepi then i should chase the pokemon inorder to fight it ! need fast fingers lol ! Brave pokemons like treecko may not run but some pokes may so a little improvement there too.WAYYYY too difficult to code, not only that, but once again, were not playing monster hunter..we are playing pokemon