PWO Generations!

Symbiosis

Website
www.facebook.com
Hello PWO Community,

I have watched PWO for a couple years before I joined. While I have seen lots of improvements in many area's in these years we really haven't had any Pokemon or Regions added on. I don't know if its because PWO current client can't handle it, because it seems like that's a main issue for many things or if its due to the fact that the PWO team would rather work on more important things. All I know is while I would love to see at least 3rd and 4th generation regions and Pokemon implemented due to the fact that with the current games layout and my playtime of a average of 10+ hours daily of game time, I feel like even with this hard grind that so many players complain about I will have the main part of the game beat within 8-12 weeks. PWO by far is one of the best Pokemon MMORPG but it kind of upsets me that the fact that other Pokemon MMORPG's I have played at that were client based too had up to 3rd or 4th generations and they were fail/stupid games with programmers who sucked and leaders who didn't give a crap, yet they did it in less time than PWO has.

So for this discussion I ask what is your thought on this matter?
Would you like to see Regions for 3rd and 4th Generations?
Would you like to see 3rd and 4th Generation Pokemon?
Why do you think it is taking such a long time?

Disclaimer: I mean no disrespect at all by this post towards the PWO Staff or Community! I am just curious!

Peace-Enforcer

Well to answer your question. Every one would like to see new regions and new pokemon added.

Hoenn was a project a long time ago but due to lags and crashes it caused it was abandoned. If staff plans to revive that project I doubt they would say anything about it since lately they have became alot more secretive due to players who didn't behave and only complaned over every single thing. How ever you never know... We have a competant and hardworking staff atm. Anything could happen.

RockzBarik

PWO is a fan made non-profitable game and all the staff that work here are for free at their free time and the other PWO like sites have their own paid programmer so they focus on that game only. That's why other games are more advance as compared to PWO.

Symbiosis

Website
www.facebook.com
RockzBarik said:
PWO is a fan made non-profitable game and all the staff that work here are for free at their free time and the other PWO like sites have their own paid programmer so they focus on that game only. That's why other games are more advance as compared to PWO.

I understand this.

As far as crashes and so forth from generation 3 trying to be added that would mean that there dedicated server can't handle or the client can't. If it is the client then that might mean there using a old scripting language for the client since it seems that there's a lot that the client can't do but in order to make the client stronger I would suggest using a better scripting language but then again as we all know the current scripting language if outdated/old wouldn't be transferable most likely and they would have to start from scratch. With that being said that is why they haven't been able to do much with what there currently using. Then again I am not a professional scripter. I have only worked with c++ a little bit and SQL. So, That is just my 2 cents. Now if it happens to be that there dedicated server is to weak to be able to load/hold more data in which would come from a new region/pokemon and other things I wouldn't mind donating a one time fee myself of a large sum of money between $750.00 to $1,000 USD if it got PWO back on track and progressive but I would need to talk to a admin for such a thing.

Dovee

Youngster
The current client cannot handle hoenn, pretty cut an dry