PWO Game

Ryanlikesham

In my opinion I am sure there is tons of people who can code that play this game....why dont you offer incentive to have them help you or even mod for you? and fix spelling and stuff

Just a suggestion :D

nofear300

i agree with this, i think this game its not that hard to code tbh, still it has so many bugs, broken, etc. I know nothing about coding but one friend of mine that makes pograms, said it looks like not that hard from wat he can see. So i think u guys could make like a topic looking for devs or people that can help cause i do think this game has possibility to be one of the best online games tbh, if well done.
Still keep up with the good work.

Staff cant get paid it would b illegal. No staff are given anything at all
and thy did look for a dev earlier:
http://forum.pokemon-world-online.net/showthread.php?tid=16520
but its closed now.

so the game can only be updated for as many motivated and trusty staff it has

and the mod ppl and are done different than the code ppl. completely different jobs.
nd for spelling, if u see something mispelled well that is our jobs as testers to let staff kno about it.

Ryanlikesham

Im sure people would do it for free.

Also this has been in beta for quite a long time from my understand and looking into this.

CheckeredZebra

Youngster
Ryan said:
why dont you offer incentive to have them help you or even mod for you?
Ryan said:
Im sure people would do it for free.

I'm confused. What do you mean by "incentive," then? Or is that sarcasm and I'm just failing at seeing stuff. D:

Ryanlikesham

Give them like 2-3 Free master balls to use or something? Not everyone will want something many of us I am sure just want to see this game be updated and everything. Also Nothing payable or anything like that. Tokens are what are people are paying for. You should be seeing updates like security updates or content updates weekly or monthly. I understand this game isnt as big as other MMORPGs like WOW or Runescape but if you have a income from people playing you should be seeing updates of some short.(This is just my opinion)

nofear300

I have played many games like this over the years, dont know if i can say the names of it, anyway dev would work for no profit as i know, only by helping the game and keeping some position on server they would help. I think there is some people around, that are pokemon lovers that can help to improve with coding. Again its just a opinion.

Jhaxion

Even though it doesnt seem like it on the outside to a lot of people,there have been small improvements made in pwo, granted that progress hasn't been as quickly as you or I would like it. Also there has been new staff openings that have been filled. I admit that I too sometimes get frustrated with the progress that PWO has/hasn't made but at the end of the day in my opinion PWO is still the best pokemon mmo around.

Naero

Ryanlikesham said:
Give them like 2-3 Free master balls to use or something? Not everyone will want something many of us I am sure just want to see this game be updated and everything. Also Nothing payable or anything like that. Tokens are what are people are paying for. You should be seeing updates like security updates or content updates weekly or monthly. I understand this game isnt as big as other MMORPGs like WOW or Runescape but if you have a income from people playing you should be seeing updates of some short.(This is just my opinion)

Tokens are donated for, and the only confirmed uses of the donation incomes are to fund for the server upkeep (maintaining the server by paying for the server rent used by monetary donations). Although I would agree that many would love to see more frequent - whether they are back-end (developmental) or front-end (content) updates - there is no assurance that any monetary income will propel progress forward; volunteerism always has been (and most likely always will be) the basis of staff work in the project, therefore payment incentives are not provided to guarantee that the life schedule's of staff members are fixated to contributing to PWO consistently.

Donations are always appreciated for the financial retention of the server, but since they can not be used for the QA of the staff work (IOW: hired staff members to work on the project actively), the uses of such a monetary income are not designed to improve the developmental pace of the game.

Also, I don't believe the lack of active development staff is due to a shortage of programming-savvy applicants expressing interest in joining the development team, but also because there is a high trust standard, in addition to a high technical standard. DEV is a very sensitive position, due to all of the server access they are privileged with, thus even if one possesses the programming skills needed for the job, it is considered more plausibly acceptable for a more well-established community member to be in consideration for joining the DEV team.

Regarding the GE group (those who work on content updates), I do not believe non-monetary incentives (in-game perks, namely) would functionally increase the amount work done in that group as well. Many would earnestly like to contribute in those front-end departments without a lot of compensation; just that due to the standards held for that group as well, there are not as fluid of additions of active staff members to that group either.

However, regardless of that situation, I do believe it is only intended to have two client DEVs -- which there currently are (Hardcoreh and ThuGie, who has also been working alongside Hardcoreh to develop the client to my knowledge). The client development is also, notably, the more pivotal development work for many of the security improvements needed.

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
Ryanlikesham said:
In my opinion I am sure there is tons of people who can code that play this game
There may be but it doesn't mean they want to.

Ryanlikesham said:
why dont you offer incentive to have them help you
The only thing the majority would want that are experienced enough is money.

Ryanlikesham said:
even mod for you?
You're suggesting for potenial DEVs to mod...

Ryanlikesham said:
spelling and stuff
Why don't you report issues with 'spelling and stuff' on the Forums so current staff could try to sort them.

Ryanlikesham said:
Give them like 2-3 Free master balls to use or something?
If they're a DEV, there's a very big chance they can give themselves whatever they want. ;)

nofear300 said:
i agree with this, i think this game its not that hard to code tbh
Gah, it has been stated before that it'll be easier to just do a rewrite.

Ryanlikesham said:
I know nothing about coding but one friend of mine that makes pograms, said it looks like not that hard from wat he can see.
Not to be rude but this suggests that he doesn't program.

Ryanlikesham said:
So i think u guys could make like a topic looking for devs
Have done before.

Colemillionaire15

Naero said:
Tokens are donated for, and the only confirmed uses of the donation incomes are to fund for the server upkeep (maintaining the server by paying for the server rent used by monetary donations).

Based on the amount of players with membership, the amount of uncatchable pokemon running around, and the amount of members actively selling tokens, I'm guessing PWO has quite the bank account to pay for the server.

From everything I've read in this post and others, it appears this game is in a severe stand-still. Security concerns seem to have reached an all-time high and are terrorizing the PWO economy from the top down by increasing the supply of shiny and rare pokemon. A new battle system needs to be written to accompany the effects of even "basic" moves (harden, defense curl, tail whip) and more detailed moves (outrage, thrash). Less important, a new client is needed before new regions can ever be implemented.

This game has been worked on for ages, and I really hope a new client is on the way so PWO can continue being the best Pokemon MMO out there.

Ryanlikesham

Just saying Mr Admin please look over what you quoted :) Because I am sure I did not say all that you quoted me on ;)

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
Ryanlikesham said:
Just saying Mr Admin please look over what you quoted :) Because I am sure I did not say all that you quoted me on ;)
The report function is for reporting posts that break the rules, do not abuse it. ~